Levi Brown is our 2012 LT, so who do you want for RT

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
And no, while I have come to grips with Levi Brown as our LT in 2012 :barfola: and come to terms with the fact we don't have a RT for the 2012 season, per say, on our roster.

I will not even entertain Adam Snyder as our RT. He is not an OT, he is horrible at OT. Furthermore, he is a solid OG, so keep him there.

So, give me some names, some speculation, free agents, or draftees that could "step right in" etc., etc.

Remember that Jeremy Bridges is on our roster, and he split time with Brandon Keith last year.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
now if we draft de castro and they play with levi and snyder as tackle is better to have 5 qbs in the roster

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Here's my top 10 list of guys I'd like starting for the Cards at RT in 2012. Incoming draft prospects are marked with an asterisk.

1) Cordy Glenn, Georgia*
2) Mitchell Schwartz, Cal*
3) Marc Columbo, FA, Miami
4) Barry Richardson, FA, Kansas City
5) Max Starks, FA, Pittsburgh
6) Kareem McKenzie, FA, New York Giants
7) Levy Adcock, Oklahoma State*
8) Ryan O'Callaghan, FA, Kansas City
9) Pat McQuistan, FA, New Orleans
10) Brandon Keith, FA, Arizona

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we're stuck with Bridges for a year or at least until late in the season when our 5th round pick, James Brown (Troy), gets up to speed. If he doesn't last till the 5th, then whichever project tackle slips that far - possibly Bergstrom (Utah) since his short arms will probably scare off a few suitors. Whoever it is, it needs to not be Snyder.

Steve

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
And no, while I have come to grips with Levi Brown as our LT in 2012 :barfola: and come to terms with the fact we don't have a RT for the 2012 season, per say, on our roster.

I will not even entertain Adam Snyder as our RT. He is not an OT, he is horrible at OT. Furthermore, he is a solid OG, so keep him there.

So, give me some names, some speculation, free agents, or draftees that could "step right in" etc., etc.

Remember that Jeremy Bridges is on our roster, and he split time with Brandon Keith last year.

Well, whether you choose to entertain it or not, Snyder is the likely R-tackle if DeCastro is our round one selection.

BIM: per se

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
BIM: per se

Since when did Canadiens become grammar policemen!

:D

Let's see how it played out. I have been shoving rusty salt incrusted nails under my fingernails each night in preparation for Levi Brown at LT.

If Adam Snyder is our RT, then obviously there is something wrong with Brandon Keith, because they are the same player, with the same skill at RT per all stats and readings that I have looked it.

But you are right, that may happen, guess I should buy some lemons to cram into my eyeballs when it does happen.

I know the situation is what it is, but in my OPINION that is a doomed OL paring with Brown at LT, and Snyder at RT.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Since when did Canadiens become grammar policemen!

Let's see how it played out. I have been shoving rusty salt incrusted nails under my fingernails each night in preparation for Levi Brown at LT.

If Adam Snyder is our RT, then obviously there is something wrong with Brandon Keith, because they are the same player, with the same skill at RT per all stats and readings that I have looked it.

But you are right, that may happen, guess I should buy some lemons to cram into my eyeballs when it does happen.

I know the situation is what it is, but in my OPINION that is a doomed OL paring with Brown at LT, and Snyder at RT.

BIM: Canadians

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jeff Allen Not only can he play tackle but is supposed to be able to play across the offensive line.

PaulW

Veteran
Reaction score
DeCastro can play right tackle at #13. Bobbie Massie is the best RT onthe board, so trade down and pick Massie and get another pick; hope in the 2nd round.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
DeCastro can play right tackle at #13. Bobbie Massie is the best RT onthe board, so trade down and pick Massie and get another pick; hope in the 2nd round.

I'd take Massie in a trade down. Mitchell Schwartz would be a good pick in the 2nd if we did a trade down too. Other 2nd round RT's would be James Brown and Brandon Mosley.

If we draft one in the first, Reiff or Glenn, both we're LT's.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nightmare scenario (I don't want Levi at LT but could live with him on the right side).

My hope would be that we'd draft Reiff and install him at LT.

Barring that, my hope would be that we'd draft Glenn, J Brown or Massey or one of the South Seas linemen considered more suited to play OG or RT and that the coaches could successfully help him make the transition to LT.

But IMHO, that will be a risky proposition - what do we do if it doesn't work out?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If we are spending the #13 pick in the 2012 draft on an OT, he damn well better be playing LT or it is a waste.

The Baltimore Ravens saw fit to start Jonathan Ogden at LG for a year before moving him over to LT, where he essentially revolutionized the position.

I have no problem if the Cards want to start Glenn at RT as the 13th overall pick in the draft for a year or even two before switching him to LT.

I don't want Cordy Glenn at LT until he gets his weight in the 320-330 range.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Baltimore Ravens saw fit to start Jonathan Ogden at LG for a year before moving him over to LT, where he essentially revolutionized the position.

I have no problem if the Cards want to start Glenn at RT as the 13th overall pick in the draft for a year or even two before switching him to LT.

I don't want Cordy Glenn at LT until he gets his weight in the 320-330 range.

If consistency is the key for offensive line success, why would you set yourself to have to make a change in the future? If you are drafting him because of his athleticism, then it only makes sense to play him in the tackle position that requires the most athleticism and move your less athletic OT to the right side.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Schwartz IMO just fits, if he is on the board at 80 we better be taking him. If we trade down in this 1st we take him in the 2nd and its all good.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If consistency is the key for offensive line success, why would you set yourself to have to make a change in the future? If you are drafting him because of his athleticism, then it only makes sense to play him in the tackle position that requires the most athleticism and move your less athletic OT to the right side.

I'd do it because while he has plus athleticism for a guy his size, his technique still needs a lot of work. If he's playing on the right, he can use his athleticism and strength to protect the QB while he perfects the technique he's developed at Georgia.

Again, it worked with Jonathan Ogden; I see no reason why it couldn't work with Cordy Glenn.

Although I would get some satisfaction in watching Cordy Glenn learn on the job at Left Tackle while letting Kevin Kolb bear the brunt of his rookie mistakes, with the knowledge that with every second-and-17 that Kolb delivers, we'll be a little bit closer to Tyler Wilson and a bright future for the Arizona Cardinals.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'd do it because while he has plus athleticism for a guy his size, his technique still needs a lot of work. If he's playing on the right, he can use his athleticism and strength to protect the QB while he perfects the technique he's developed at Georgia.

Again, it worked with Jonathan Ogden; I see no reason why it couldn't work with Cordy Glenn.

Although I would get some satisfaction in watching Cordy Glenn learn on the job at Left Tackle while letting Kevin Kolb bear the brunt of his rookie mistakes, with the knowledge that with every second-and-17 that Kolb delivers, we'll be a little bit closer to Tyler Wilson and a bright future for the Arizona Cardinals.

It is good to know what's going on to the left and right of you, when you hve experience at it, it can benefit some. I'm not that deep into the O-line knowledge relm, makes me feel right at home being an Az fan.

But you homie, seem to focus on weight and such. I don't care what a player can do 15 pounds heavier or lighter, heart is heart and that's what gets paid in the O-line...the crappiest position in football. The biggest baddest dudes already get groomed to other positions if their weight and their desire can dictate it. We have lost sight of this during Whiz's best Grimm here, hate to go Smel but Whiz sucks on this one. I don't care what they weigh in at, or what they get paid, **** Grimm! Most sacks allowed in the last 2 years costed us Peyton Manning, not Kevin Kolb you crazies! We would have dumped Kolb like yesterdays DRC.

Back to the fatboys, heart, smarts and durability, only 2 in this years draft unless we get a second round pick or we look in the third. We are ****ed on the O-line, because of coaching and Whiz's beliefe in Grimm. New QB coach you like will be outruled quick like, shotgun spread.

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
If we draft Decastro I would like to see us pick up Marcus McNeil. If he can pass a physical and stay healthy for the year. He would be the best free agent to pick up for OT. If we take Reiff then problem is solved. Put Reiff at LT and move Levi to RT where he belongs.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we draft Decastro I would like to see us pick up Marcus McNeil. If he can pass a physical and stay healthy for the year. He would be the best free agent to pick up for OT. If we take Reiff then problem is solved. Put Reiff at LT and move Levi to RT where he belongs.

At some point it's going to dawn on people that Levi is the L-Taclkle for the foreseeable future and the team is addressing the right side of the line. Can't imagine that any drafted tackle, other than Kahlil, would start to the left in 2012. If McNeil could pass a physical he wouldn't be on the market.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
At some point it's going to dawn on people that Levi is the L-Taclkle for the foreeeable futiure and the team is addressing the right side of the line. Can't imagine that any drafted tackle, other than Kahlil, would start to the left in 2012. If McNeil could pass a physical he wouldn't be on the market.

And that has a lot of people greatly depressed about this team.