Let’s Take a Moment to Overreact to Kyler’s IG Page

forever red

Rookie
Reaction score
For more than I year I have thought Murray wanted to play baseball. It's a non contact sport and he will likely survive more years in baseball than trying to run away from the Aaron Donalds in the NFL. Couple that with the fact he doesn't like to watch film and doesn't appear to be a student of the game or a leader of men it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he decides to give baseball a shot. And after watching him for 3 years I am not convinced he will ever get the Cards to the promised land.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
For more than I year I have thought Murray wanted to play baseball. It's a non contact sport and he will likely survive more years in baseball than trying to run away from the Aaron Donalds in the NFL. Couple that with the fact he doesn't like to watch film and doesn't appear to be a student of the game or a leader of men it wouldn't surprise me one bit if he decides to give baseball a shot. And after watching him for 3 years I am not convinced he will ever get the Cards to the promised land.

Kyler is not going to the major leagues. If he changes sports he’s going from NFL QB to riding busses between Stockton and Modesto. Ain’t happening.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is no plausible explanation other than Kyler throwing a tantrum IMO. If so, it just adds further to his lack of maturity on and off the field or...it's just nothing....noting at all. LOL. I don't really care about this kind of stuff. The only thing I care about is what the owner is doing about Keim, Kliff and Murray which seems to be nothing at this point.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Has Bidwill or Keim addressed the end of season debacle yet? Now they've got this. They have lots to talk about!

Its why Im all for the chaos. We hired no new OC to help Kliff with the offense, havent canned Vance, no leaked reports on what the franchise wants Kyler to get better at, no Keim comment about whats needed to get better at etc. At least before Keim would say he had a plan, lol. It really seems like the team is just planning to run it back and are just counting this as the "Hop/Watt were injured" year. Everyone had a part in the dumpster fire of an end. So if this shakes things up a bit then Im all for it.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Its why Im all for the chaos. We hired no new OC to help Kliff with the offense, havent canned Vance, no leaked reports on what the franchise wants Kyler to get better at, no Keim comment about whats needed to get better at etc. At least before Keim would say he had a plan, lol. It really seems like the team is just planning to run it back and are just counting this as the "Hop/Watt were injured" year. Everyone had a part in the dumpster fire of an end. So if this shakes things up a bit then Im all for it.

It shouldn't take chaos to see the need for change.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and the agent says "No comment".

yeah, so much of Kyler Murray is rubbing me the wrong way after another epic collapse, just outrageously stupid/self-indulgent comments about not being a big film guy because "he sees everything on the field", then throwing up one of the most pathetic playoff performances ever, punctuated by the laughingstock play of the playoffs and now in essence throwing what looks like an on-line temper-tantrum for a guy who hasn't proven jack-squat about being a leader for a year in, year out winner.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'm most worried about poor Swoosh.. if Kyler deleted his photo from Instagram I fear he's headed for the pound..

Attachments

• EakV-eEUEAY0UI_.jpeg
    EakV-eEUEAY0UI_.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 5

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
If our franchise QB wants treating fairly he needs to start behaving like a franchise QB.

Britcard, I'm not going to enjoy the contract negotiation process any more than you. But here's the thing, and I hope I articulate this adequately and fairly to both sides.

This is a case where a player's interests are in conflict with the (passionate, in both of our cases) fan's interest. You and I more or less would like Kyler to just keep quiet, and play through at least year four of his contract. That's what's best for the Cardinals, the team we love.

But unfortunately that's not what's best for Kyler Murray, the professional football player.

If you want to say he doesn't deserve a contract extension at this point, great. I really don't want to argue about it. However, I think his agent can probably find enough stats and accolades to build a case that he should at this point be considered for an extension. I might even go as far to say the Murray's agent isn't doing his job if he doesn't start pressing for a new contract. But I really don't want to argue about this point.

Also, while I wish I didn't have to watch my favorite player battle my favorite team over money, I understand that this is a business situation, and since I'm not the one who in the future is going to be providing for K1's Family, I'm not going to turn on him for trying to get a new contract. If you want to, fine, have at it.

Lastly, to me, my judgement of Kyler will be based on how he goes about negotiating a new contact. I really, really hope that he doesn't trash the team publicly, or otherwise demonstrate truly poor form. That's all that I would ask of him. Show class, maturity, and a little respect for the team that drafted you #1 overall. For him to keep it out of the public eye as much as possible, and to handle his business like a honorable young man.

But we'll see.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I dont think any of his fans are mad about this. He has done absolutely nothing wrong. People who are getting themselves worked up and calling him names over a completely fake story are not his fans.
By “his fans” I’m saying cardinals fans because, you know, he plays for the cardinals. And if you think this hasn’t upset any cardinals fans I want to know what color the sky is in your world?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Their playmakers ability to generate explosive plays make up for it. However, is our line that much greater?

Jonah Williams 77.5
DJ 67.8

Quinton Spain 72.3
Justin Pugh 66.4

Trey Hopkins 51.4
Rodney Hudson 60.9

Jackson Carman 56.3
Max Garcia 56.3

Kelvin Beachum 63.4
Isaiah Prince 58

Imo the advantage Burrow has over Kyler is avoiding the play that kills a drive.

I always chuckle at how people ignore this.

With no Hopkins
Jamar Chase 83.1
Christian Kirk 72.7

Tee Higgins 84.5
AJ Green 69.2

Tyler Boyd 72.6
Antoine Wesley 60.9

Zach Ertz 66.9
CJ Uzomah 62

And before people say PFF, blah blah blah. They also agree Burrow is the best QB. However, his weapons non Hopkins are much better as well. Maybe Kyler makes them worse, maybe its the scheme. Either way their playmakers seems to be better than ours.
Yeah sorry, PFF blah blah blah it is

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
By “his fans” I’m saying cardinals fans because, you know, he plays for the cardinals. And if you think this hasn’t upset any cardinals fans I want to know what color the sky is in your world?

If Cardinals fans are upset that Kyler deleted photos of his dog from Instagram I think they need some therapy

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, it's just business. Jones and Peterson did the exact same thing. But Murray is QB and at another level of attention. It is a hard ass tactic. This is a lot of bad PR for the team. Bad for the team's business.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, because all over the media they are saying it means he is dissatified - and really any logical person would come to that conclussion, because deleting cards related posts is an intentional act.
He will not say anything. Probably for months. Once you play this card, it benefits nothing to say anything publicly one way or another. IIRC, Jones said nothing all offseason last year.

akg102

Veteran
Reaction score
I love that the Instagram speculation is immediately followed by character assassinations, based on 'facts,' that originated from speculation.

The dude's entire account was cleared. Has he fallen out with all former friends? His family? His pets? The Sooners? So stupid.

If you want your "immature" franchise quarterback to grow up, maybe he should get the hell off of social media, intended for pre-teen girls, and just clear his account ........wait.....

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Ok. So the Cardinals weapons (minus Hopkins) and Oline are vastly superior than the Bengals.

There's no way the left side of the Bengals line is actually decent. Burrow is just making miracles, I guess.

So frustrating, I know. Guys talking up the flavor of the month, instead of the guy playing for their team. It's so gross.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So frustrating, I know. Guys talking up the flavor of the month, instead of the guy playing for their team. It's so gross.
Joe Burrow... the flavor of the month? Lol. Okay. You mean the guy that has won EVERY PLAYOFF GAME HES EVER PLAYED IN COLLEGE AND PRO?

Maybe we’re not talking big about our guy because sadly, in comparison to Burrow, there’s nothing to talk about since our guy has choked in almost every big game he’s ever played and after taking a dump on the field in the playoffs, he decided to take a digital dump on the team off the field as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave