LB and TPE for Turk and Childress

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I consider a PF who averages 20-10 like Jefferson would here to be a star.

that's somewhat of a leap. dude's still not 100% from surgery and last year his #'s weren't 20-10. and while i have great faith in our medical staff, there's no guarantees.

also, even if jefferson gets back to that point he's not a kobe, lebron, wade, garnett, duncan, shaq, etc. type star. i know not every team has those type of guys, but if you look at the champions, they do. so i'm just saying slow down on the whole "we'd be even with the lakers and heat talk." would we be competitive contenders? i think so. but even with the lakers? i don't think any odds makers would put us there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
We are getting Turkoglu and Childress, but about half of the posts in this thread are about Jefferson who hasn't even been rumored to be coming here.

this is what actually makes me depressed about this thread. it's not like there's even conjecture about jefferson coming here. it's complete fabrication (fantasy) on all our part. and imo it's the most exciting thing to contemplate in this thread!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Uh, I'm pretty sure Turkeyglue has a reputation for being a pretty decent closer...

i just don't think "pretty decent" puts us on a par with the lakers. c'mon, i think you all know what i'm talking about. hedo isn't taking over multiple WCF games or nba finals games.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
JRich works best as a third option. He no longer has the athleticism or explosiveness needed to carry a team consistently. Jefferson, however, has proven that he can shoulder the scoring load for a team and be the primary option.

if healthy.

there's a lot of hopeful assumptions in this thread.

1. hedo's terrible year was an anomaly and he'd spring back to his prior two years performance that netted him the enormous contract (which becomes an ugly contract if he just duplicates last year's numbers).

2. childress will just walk right back into the league after two years elsewhere and be a terrific player.

3. jefferson would automatically spring back to his pre-injury form and numbers.

that's potentially a lot to fall into place.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
this is what actually makes me depressed about this thread. it's not like there's even conjecture about jefferson coming here. it's complete fabrication (fantasy) on all our part. and imo it's the most exciting thing to contemplate in this thread!

Yeah, without a legit PF the recent moves are pretty depressing. The current roster would likely set an all time record in rebounding margin(and not in a good way).

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
i just don't think "pretty decent" puts us on a par with the lakers. c'mon, i think you all know what i'm talking about. hedo isn't taking over multiple WCF games or nba finals games.

I was being sarcastic. As far as reputation, I believe Hedo is considered one of the better closers in the game, especially if you consider his last couple years in Orlando. Hedo was certainly the closer on that team and was one of the main reasons they made it to the finals. Regardless of any other moves we make, he'll be our crunch time shooter.

Obviously we aren't getting a superstar, but if we're able to swing a trade of J Rich for a legit PF, I like our chances as much as anybody. We'll have the deepest team in the league, and lots of options in terms of lineups.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

It's far more likely Jefferson goes to Dallas, unless MIN desires Richardson and his $14M contract. Dallas can send Dampier's non-guaranteed contract. MIN picked up Martell Webster during the draft, but I'm not sure if they plan on starting him at SG or what.

Also, CLE could use the Lebron TPE or some mix of players including JJ Hickson.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It's far more likely Jefferson goes to Dallas, unless MIN desires Richardson and his $14M contract. Dallas can send Dampier's non-guaranteed contract. MIN picked up Martell Webster during the draft, but I'm not sure if they plan on starting him at SG or what.

Also, CLE could use the Lebron TPE or some mix of players including JJ Hickson.

I think dallas is out of the running for jefferson now that they have turned their attention twords haslem and vastly overpaid haywood.
Martell is more of a filler type player rather than a starting material. Hickson is a PF Im not sure minnesota is looking to aquire another one considering they have love and are trying to get rid of jefferson. And I don think minnesota wants any more spare parts as they have enough of their own.
Richardson gives them what they want in a legit SG for one year and possibly a trading chip at the deadline or letting his contract expire outright.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another name that has been forgotten that would add a huge amount of toughness/rebounding and shot blocking is joel pryzbilla. He doesnt have much outside of 5-8 feet from the rim but he gobbles up rebounds and defends the paint well. If we couldnt find a big PF I think the tandem of him and lopez with frye/warrick at PF would be just as formidable.

Right now Im REALISTICALLY dreaming of

Jefferson
Bass
Pryzbilla
Brad Miller

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've heard varying reports on Pryzbilla but by all accounts he likely won't be playing until December/January and even then he may never be the same again. His biggest asset right now is his contract is only partially guaranteed.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've heard varying reports on Pryzbilla but by all accounts he likely won't be playing until December/January and even then he may never be the same again. His biggest asset right now is his contract is only partially guaranteed.

Wow, I live in Oregon and I hadnt heard him being out that long. (checked up on it and said 6-8 months) so hes probably out of the question. Thats too bad.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If all the Suns can get is a journeyman backup PF, they shouldn't bother.

Yea that makes alot of sense. One "big ass" away from being a contender but if his name doesnt set the world on fire its not worth it. We just made two great moves (depending on who you ask) why stop there?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Yea that makes alot of sense. One "big ass" away from being a contender but if his name doesnt set the world on fire its not worth it. We just made two great moves (depending on who you ask) why stop there?

Because we have plenty of decent options right now, which we should parlay into a great option at PF. With a competent 10 man rotation, not including Clark, it's time to trade a couple of those assets for a legit starting PF. A "big ass" wouldn't get minutes, rendering their acquisition moot.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
-Speaking about PF's.....Houston had to decide between keeping Scola or Carl Landry(Scola isn't going anywhere).

-Kirilenko? NO THANKS. We've got enough tall skinny forwards already.

- Al Jefferson is the most likely(however unlikely)answer to the hole in the middle of this pretty talented roster. If i hear another poster ask "but can he run?" i'm gonna go postal. Some of you need to come to grips that this is not 2005 anymore,Nash is 37 and DA is in NY. Good basketball teams run off turnovers and defensive rebounding.....Jefferson would be just fine here.

Elindholm mentioned earlier that bringing in a scrub PF just to plug a hole would be foolish(or something like that:)). I tend to agree....if we can't land a legit PF right now.....lets sit on this roster till at least the next deadline and see who's available.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
I think we should continue to stockpile Small Forwards. At least 4-6 more. Eventually, a team needing a Small Forward (because we've hoarded them all) who has a Power Forward we covet will come calling...

Last edited:

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Because we have plenty of decent options right now, which we should parlay into a great option at PF. With a competent 10 man rotation, not including Clark, it's time to trade a couple of those assets for a legit starting PF. A "big ass" wouldn't get minutes, rendering their acquisition moot.

First off a big ass is anyone that can rebound. Im pretty sure I listed the name AL JEFFERSON in my previous post. As I said before, obviously he would be my first choice but for S and G Im listing other available players that would also IMO help out here. I know that most of you have never seen pryzbilla play and dont know the kind of impact he would have for the team and probably the same with brandon bass. You guys call them scrubs, I call you uninformed..whatever.

Just because we have the pieces to acquire jefferson doesnt mean its going to happen.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
whoa, easy there. i'd like this team as well, but stars win championships. name me one team that hasn't had a total stud win (other than the blip on the radar that was the pistons). i think that team would be terrific, just not certain it has anyone that could take over a game in crunch time when necessary.

Steve Nash is a star. JRich is almost in that category. JRich is the most under appreciated player on this team.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If all the Suns can get is a journeyman backup PF, they shouldn't bother.

Agree. All that does is keep them from developing younger players. Its a very DAntoni thing to do (choose a vet journeyman over developing young talent).

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
First off a big ass is anyone that can rebound. Im pretty sure I listed the name AL JEFFERSON in my previous post. As I said before, obviously he would be my first choice but for S and G Im listing other available players that would also IMO help out here. I know that most of you have never seen pryzbilla play and dont know the kind of impact he would have for the team and probably the same with brandon bass. You guys call them scrubs, I call you uninformed..whatever.

Just because we have the pieces to acquire jefferson doesnt mean its going to happen.
I know Pryzbilla's game. Decent aquisition if we didn't already have Lopez(who has a bit higher ceiling).
IMO

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
First off a big ass is anyone that can rebound.

Lol, thanks for the lesson professor.

I know that most of you have never seen pryzbilla play and dont know the kind of impact he would have for the team

You're on fire today. Perhaps you haven't been following the team over the last couple years, but we actually already have a starting center! His name is Robin Lopez. He's pretty good!

Maybe you've never seen Pryzbilla play, but he is NOT a PF. He is a center, and purely a center. We have 2 centers, ergo Vanilla Gorilla would not play, just like Tyson Chandler isn't a fit.

and probably the same with brandon bass.

You're right, that's JUST what we need! Another undersized PF. Maybe we can make you GM?

You guys call them scrubs, I call you uninformed..whatever.

I explain why they don't fit in our system and you put words in my mouth. Speaking of uninformed...

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tyson Chandler is a great rebounder. He averaged over 12 a game the season before he was injured. Last year, he didn't get a lot of playing time, but still gathered over 70% of his team's defensive boards and over 30% of his team's offensive boards. In comparison, that's a higher percentage than David Lee.

Chandler is a great rebounder?!?!!?!? He is over 7 feet and has averaged 8.8 for his career. That is underachieving IMO. He has averaged over 10 twice in 8 years (though he did come close the 2 years before). Those 2 years he overachieved IMO. Before he got injured he had a chance to get somewhere between 9 to 9.5 per game on average. Again...I would have considered that good but not great considering his size. That didn't happen though.

So since 07-08 he has been on the decline. Even if Chandler had a couple more good seasons around 10, that would make him good...not great. Barkley was a great rebounder. The Worm was a great rebounder. Chandler having 2 good seasons rebounding almost 3 years ago doesn't make him great.

I guess if you want to say you think he can get back to 10 RPG form it would help us. I would agree but I have a hard time beleiving that.....let alone call him great. Howard is the only active big man averaging over 12. Convincing me he can put up Howard type #'s is a stretch.

Trading JRich would be stupid, he is one of the most explosive scorers on our team and with more touches he can score better this year.

Agreed. You have to keep JRich. He was a huge part of the success the Suns had.

Last edited:

chickenhead

Reaction score
I don't mean to state the obvious, but the best PF option may simply not be available until next winter. Maybe this lineup wins a lot of games Suns-style and we actually do get the missing piece from a team that's fallen out of the race.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Got to admit, I'm very surprised and excited about the trade. But now where do we plug these guys in?

Nash(30)/Dragic(18)
Richardson(35)/Childress(11)Dragic(2)
Hill(25)/Childress(8)/Dudley(15)
Turkoglu(35)/Warrick(13)
Lopez(30)/Frye(18)

That leaves us with Clark and Lawal rounding out the roster, but I'd like to see Reynolds given a chance as well. I think we'd need another 1/2 kind of guy rather another 3/4 like Clark and Lawal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose