LB and TPE for Turk and Childress

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
A- for effort here, the Suns will be poised to win 50 games in the regular season with this team, but this isn't a team built to win in the post season, just too small.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have always thought Turkoglu is overrated (certainly compared to his contract) and he better get back in shape real quick if he is going to make an impact on this team.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
i have always thought Turkoglu is overrated (certainly compared to his contract) and he better get back in shape real quick if he is going to make an impact on this team.

He'll probably do well here, he can camp out his flat footed ass and shoot and you can bet he'll be open too The Suns will be able to shoot the ball that's for sure.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Turkoglu is a PF. I never knew. I always thought he played SF.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Because he is.. and damn overpaid at that we better get plenty of picks to take on that ugly contract.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He'll probably do well here, he can camp out his flat footed ass and shoot and you can bet he'll be open too The Suns will be able to shoot the ball that's for sure.

Agree. Hedo will fit fine in this system. Just means that Lopez had better rebound his ass off because neither him nor Frye are gonna get more than 6/game

As for Childress; I honestly dont know how his game has been progressing or regressing given the fact that he's been in Greece the last few seasons. Still worth a shot IMO as long as he comes off the bench

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I would rather get Bargnani if at all possible. Not sure Toronto would be willing to give him up though. Turks contract is just horrible!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Nash
Richardson
Hill
Turkoglu
Lopez

Dragic
Childress
Dudley
Warrick
Frye

I'll go ahead and say it. That's a better roster than last year. Though if it were up to me I'd start Childress over Hill. Let Hill help control the second unit with Dragic. Then again, Childress can put up some points with the second unit. Wow, so many options. Actually somewhat impressed.

Turk will come back to life in the Suns system. He is a terrible rebounder, but hopefully Lopez can pick up some of the slack.

The bench is probably better than a handful of starting lineups. How are they going to find minutes for everyone?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash
Richardson
Hill
Turkoglu
Lopez

Dragic
Childress
Dudley
Warrick
Frye

I'll go ahead and say it. That's a better roster than last year. Though if it were up to me I'd start Childress over Hill. Let Hill help control the second unit with Dragic. Then again, Childress can put up some points with the second unit. Wow, so many options. Actually somewhat impressed.

Turk will come back to life in the Suns system. He is a terrible rebounder, but hopefully Lopez can pick up some of the slack.

The bench is probably better than a handful of starting lineups. How are they going to find minutes for everyone?

The Suns plan to beat teams with depth even more so than last season. Opposing teams will dread the Suns bench.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Now this is getting interesting. I'll miss Barbs, but Turkoglu at his best is a really good player. The question is, will a change of scenery help him return to form?

These are two separate deals, but it seems we are adding Childress to replace Barbosa, which gives us more height, though I don't really know what to expect from Childress.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Nash
Richardson
Hill
Turkoglu
Lopez

Dragic
Childress
Dudley
Warrick
Frye

I'll go ahead and say it. That's a better roster than last year.

Anyone can say it, I don't see how anyone can mean it. People who hated Amare's rebounding are going to have a stroke with that big man rotation and none have the game changing offense Amare brought.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Good point about moving Hill to the second unit for stability.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Either a trade is in the works or the f/o is thinking beyond this season when Nash, Richardson, and Hill are gone.

Dragic
Childress
Dudley, Clark
Turkoglu, Warrick
Lopez, Frye

Not a bad team, just missing a star.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
rebounds aren't the top priority if you make a ton of shots! Banking on Lopez, Hill, Richardson, hell all of them to spread the rebounds around. Funny how we have no GM yet making moves, who is behind this? Do we have a GM and just not announce it yet? Curious indeed.

Divide Et Impera

Reaction score
Hill's going to average 10 boards a game this year, but that is a deep, lights-out shooting team.

What about Hill as 6th man and Warrick/Turkoglu as 4/3? That's a more evenly balanced lineup, IMO....

Nash-JRich-Turkoglu-Warrick-Lopez

Hill-Dragic-Childress-Frye-Dudley-Clark-Lawal-Collins

That's a LEGIT 10 deep and if Lawal and Clark can come in and add some hustle, we'll tire teams out nightly....

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who said we are done its still early...clearly someone besides Sarver behind these moves will be curious how it all shakes out

taz02

All Star
Reaction score
No big flashy names but it sure could be a solid team. Instead of locking into 100mil deal with Amare we'd have three smaller contracts with turk, frye and warrick. all decent building blocks. We'd have a big shooting guard that would allow for additional options concerning J-Rich.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If they could somehow package J-Rich for Jefferson I think the team would have a chance to be better than last year. Not sure how likely it is but I think he's the only available big that you can say that about.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good point about moving Hill to the second unit for stability.
This was my wish last season. Its definately time.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Either a trade is in the works or the f/o is thinking beyond this season when Nash, Richardson, and Hill are gone.

Dragic
Childress
Dudley, Clark
Turkoglu, Warrick
Lopez, Frye

Not a bad team, just missing a star.
Agreed, but we still need a Marcus Camby,Troy Murphy...hell even a Zach Randolph in here to give Lopez a hand on the glass.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here is what Gambo is saying:

Turkoglu agrees to waive $5.25 million of $6.5 million trade kicker. Turkoglu is under contract for next 4 years at roughly $42 million

The Suns are using none of their trade exception to acquire Turkoglu and will have $5.7 million of it left after the Childress deal

Turkoglu agrees to eliminate half of his guarantee in final year of contract to come to Phx. So only 6.1 million gtd instead of 12.2 mill

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
rebounds aren't the top priority if you make a ton of shots! Banking on Lopez, Hill, Richardson, hell all of them to spread the rebounds around. Funny how we have no GM yet making moves, who is behind this? Do we have a GM and just not announce it yet? Curious indeed.

Turkoglu is represented by Lon Babby and Childress by his agency. The Suns are interested in signing Lon Babby for their FO. Suddenly the Suns have brains. It makes perfect sense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard