Larry is back

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Larry is back & Hopkins is mad according to P2 on his podcast. Fun times ahead :D

what does the podcast say I tried to look but the only one I found that mentioned D Hop was from october and I've heard that Hopkins says he gets along well with Murray in that one

OP
OP
H

Hoodhero

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
what does the podcast say I tried to look but the only one I found that mentioned D Hop was from october and I've heard that Hopkins says he gets along well with Murray in that one
P2 was saying that it was 1st time seen DHop get frustated that much during Rams game. He mentioned that Hop was really vocal on sidelines about getting ball thrown his way.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
P2 was saying that it was 1st time seen DHop get frustated that much during Rams game. He mentioned that Hop was really vocal on sidelines about getting ball thrown his way.

Thanks not surprised you could see it in the game he was talking to the cameras etc.

Gotta get him the ball

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Kyler wasnt listening to him because he was quarantined and kyler could not hear him

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Here it is compared to Hill, Jones and Adams.

You must be registered for see images attach

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here it is compared to Hill, Jones and Adams.

You must be registered for see images attach
Apparently this infographic is just routes where the receiver was targeted by the QB, so its a little misleading. It's still ridiculous though.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

So I think the blame is more on Kyler never throwing to the middle of the field.

DutchmanAZ

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
wow...Is it a coaching (game plan) thing or a Kyler's inability to process information? The offensive line? That's almost criminal.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
wow...Is it a coaching (game plan) thing or a Kyler's inability to process information? The offensive line? That's almost criminal.
Or you have other idiots which cannot swap that side of the field and routes like... oh, I don't know, Andy Isabella but when having Fitz one often wonders unless his blocking to the right is what limits him

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Even Larry is his prime couldn't help this team. Hop doesn't have Kurt Warner to throw him the ball. Its looking like the league has figured out Kyler and he nor the coaching staff know how to do anything about it. We may need to take a flyer on a YOUNG QB in the draft to push and motivate Kyler, I don't know what to do at this point.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
Even Larry is his prime couldn't help this team. Hop doesn't have Kurt Warner to throw him the ball. Its looking like the league has figured out Kyler and he nor the coaching staff know how to do anything about it. We may need to take a flyer on a YOUNG QB in the draft to push and motivate Kyler, I don't know what to do at this point.
This is wild overreaction IMO, it obvious this is more to do with Murrays injury coupled with playcalling.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This is wild overreaction IMO, it obvious this is more to do with Murrays injury coupled with playcalling.

Its not an overreaction when you've watched this team the last 4-5 games and witnessed every team make things difficult for Murray. So what is his injury? I'd like to know as an UC physician I can likely tell you how much it can affect his throwing motion or is the injury just a cop-out because he can't read defenses and he's not playing Texas Tech putting up 500 yards throwing, this is the NFL.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
If this team doesn’t make the playoffs that could be it for Fitz. He’s hung around for one more shot at the big trophy but I suspect his confidence is waning. I see no indication this team is continuing to move forward. They have three winnable games remaining. If they lose this one I don’t see a path.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

You have always had it out for Kyler to make this sort of ridiculous statement.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its not an overreaction when you've watched this team the last 4-5 games and witnessed every team make things difficult for Murray. So what is his injury? I'd like to know as an UC physician I can likely tell you how much it can affect his throwing motion or is the injury just a cop-out because he can't read defenses and he's not playing Texas Tech putting up 500 yards throwing, this is the NFL.

He has a sprained AC joint and at least one of the local broadcaster guys is saying they have in fact given him painkiller shots before at least 2 of the games since it happened. My FB feed gets all these Cards related posts on there. Also one of the Canadian papers that did a story on Streveler possibly starting the Patriots game said that when they talked to their Arizona counterparts they said while the team won't confirm if he's getting painkiller shots, it's pretty apparent everyone thinks he has.

I don't think it's impacting his throwing much, maybe can't cut loose the deep ball as easily, I think it's why he's gone from running 11 times a game the prior 5 games to running 5 times a game and 15 total in the last 3 games.

The problem is right now running is a huge part of what makes him effective so him NOT running, and not running well, is really impacting the rest of his game. He either needs to start running again, or figure out how to make up for it with his arm

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You have always had it out for Kyler to make this sort of ridiculous statement.

You couldn't be further from the truth, as a matter of fact, you probably have me mixed up with someone else. I have always been a fan of Kyler's game in college and wanted him as the number 1, I wasn't a pro-Bosa guy, I was always pro-Kyler. It's after the NFL adjusted to him, his body language, and his lack of game IQ to play the QB position, he just looks checked out. QB is a position that requires athleticism and a brain to read defenses. It's looking more and more likely that once you take Kyler's athleticism out of the equation, his brain is unable to beat you. He hardly throws the ball down the field or the middle, he's throwing scared, he can't run, and his best weapons are taken out of the game. Who else scares you on this offense besides D-Hop? Take D-hop out, take Kyler out= we have no offense.

JohnnyCakes

Miserables
Reaction score
He has a sprained AC joint and at least one of the local broadcaster guys is saying they have in fact given him painkiller shots before at least 2 of the games since it happened. My FB feed gets all these Cards related posts on there. Also one of the Canadian papers that did a story on Streveler possibly starting the Patriots game said that when they talked to their Arizona counterparts they said while the team won't confirm if he's getting painkiller shots, it's pretty apparent everyone thinks he has.

I don't think it's impacting his throwing much, maybe can't cut loose the deep ball as easily, I think it's why he's gone from running 11 times a game the prior 5 games to running 5 times a game and 15 total in the last 3 games.

The problem is right now running is a huge part of what makes him effective so him NOT running, and not running well, is really impacting the rest of his game. He either needs to start running again, or figure out how to make up for it with his arm
Thank you! Its a double edged sword---- cant throw downfield and the playcalling is pulling back designed draw plays so as not to risk him worsening his condition.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm glad Fitz is back for a number of reasons you all know regarding Larry, but also because Isabella sucks and I want less Isabella.

I would really like to see more Dan Arnold, and less of him at TE. I want to see more of him in the slot and possibly out wide for certain routes. He's shown he's a good route runner and a reliable receiver and we massively under utilize what could be a big mismatch.

He hasn't had more than 4 targets in a game all season and is averaging 2.5. That's just ridiculous for a guy averaging 14 yards per catch and something else to add to Kliff's long list of failings.

Last edited: