Larry Fitzgerald issued restraining order

Kablansky

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Larry Fitzgerald -- the star wide receiver for the Arizona Cardinals -- has been ordered to stay away from his baby mama and his 11-month-old son after he allegedly knocked her around a room and pulled her hair out.

Angela Nazario claims she brought the couple's son to visit Larry at his Phoenix home last October when the former lovers began arguing.

Nazario alleges in her legal papers filed in Arizona, Fitzgerald attempted to "diffuse the situation" by raising his fist and challenging her to a play fight. Nazario admits she responded by swinging at him and "may have hit his face."

Fitzgerald then turned from playful to enraged, allegedly pushing Nazario down to her knees. She claims he "grabbed me by my hair with both hands on the back of my head very very hard and tossed me across the room."

Later, when she tried to leave with her son, Nazario says Fitzgerald "grabbed the back of my neck and slammed me down on the marble floor ... was disoriented for awhile and could not get up, I remember he mumbled something about 'that's what happens when you try taking my son away from me.'" As she got in the car to leave she realized she had lost "chunks" of hair.

Calls to Fitzgerald have not been returned.

Last edited:

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Sounds like an ex parte order, which are ridiculously easy to get issued. Even in the hearing with all parties present, a judge will almost always grant an injunctive order because of political pressures, unless the woman admits she is lying in open court. And even then I'm not sure.

Of course, it could be true. But it is strange she waited until now when she claims it happened in October.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Gotta go with Gambit on this. I've actually had an order of protection issued against me, with no proof I did anything. Well, other than tell someone to leave me alone or I'd defend myself. Then you have to respond in court and get NO sympathy. You, as the man, are always suspect and it's up to the petitioner as to how it goes from there. You can even lose some constitutional rights. Crazy.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
Gotta go with Gambit on this. I've actually had an order of protection issued against me, with no proof I did anything. Well, other than tell someone to leave me alone or I'd defend myself. Then you have to respond in court and get NO sympathy. You, as the man, are always suspect and it's up to the petitioner as to how it goes from there. You can even lose some constitutional rights. Crazy.

I've represented some guys on protective orders defenses. It was awful, because it was blatantly clear to even the most obtuse person present they didn't do it. But the judge still had a finding of fact that they committed "family violence" and there was a credible threat it would happen in the future. They had to turn over all firearms to the court registry and essentially lost all their second amendment rights. All because of a vindictive person who wanted to ruin their lives.

Protective orders, etc. can be used for good--but in many, many cases the system is abused. By design.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
A guy I know was having a verbal argument with his wife until she became enraged and clocked him in the face with the telephone (landline kind).

He called the cops to report the assault and when they got there they took him to jail.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Pre-nup, pre-nup, pre-nup. Never trust a woman with those kinds of things, especially if you've married one that ends up hitting you in the face.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Pre-nup, pre-nup, pre-nup. Never trust a woman with those kinds of things, especially if you've married one that ends up hitting you in the face.
They aren't, and never have been, married.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
They aren't, and never have been, married.
Sorry, I was speaking in general terms since there was more than one example of men being hit in the face. Larry should have bought a condom. Whatever it takes so you can just walk away. If you're sure, I guess go for it but a split family usually isn't good for any involved.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Courts are millions of dollars of businesses. They will issue order of protections right & left to generate dollars. That is why i have no respect for law enforcement or the judical system.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Looks like he's worked out the problems with the baby's mama. This is a photo of Larry and his son at Super Bowl. Wow, didn't realize he was a toddler already!

You must be registered for see images

Larry Fitzgerald and his son Devin

BCEagle

Registered
Reaction score
Looks like he's worked out the problems with the baby's mama. This is a photo of Larry and his son at Super Bowl. Wow, didn't realize he was a toddler already!

You must be registered for see images

Larry Fitzgerald and his son Devin

Nice to see. At the very least, he worked out visitation rights.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player