Lacrosse

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
with the NHL taking another bad turn is anyone taking advantage of the free ticket offer for tonights pre-season sting game?!

I'll catch most of it before heading home to watch the 2nd half of suns/sonics

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For everybody that doesnt know, the Arizona Sting indoor lacrosse team is hosting an exhibition game tonight with FREE admission at the Glendale Arena. You can get the voucher at www.arizonasting.com. Its not the same as hockey, but it is certainly worth a look and its a lot of fun to watch.

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yep ... a fun sport ... and since parking is free all you have to pay for is beer

fast paced action ... lot of hitting and people getting smacked with sticks ... goalies with too much padding ... it's almost like hockey!

seriously though, if you have never watched lacrosse, check it out ... faceoffs, shot clock, attacking, defensive and neutral zones .... even in the regular season tickets are cheap ... fun way to spend a random evening

OP
OP
MigratingOsprey

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yep ... I was able to sit about 6 rows up, just off center ... left after the 3rd so I could watch the 2nd half of hoops

very fun atmosphere ... great views throughout the stadium (moved around a bit) ... one really big fight ... some good hits ... some good skill moves

maybe not as free flowing as college lax, but still highly entertaining

the one thing I don't like is the goalies all looking and moving like "hAIRy" from the suns games .... way too much padding

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my bro & I will go to a couple of games this year.

it's a blast.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have season tickets to the Philiadelphia Wings. Was fun when the sting came here. We beat the crap outta them in every fight. Was awesome!

I like when Toronto comes. They have a player who I guess is known for th ebiggest neck and when he is in the penalty box people hold up signs on every side of the box's glass with huge neck signs lol

Hordispack

Veteran
Reaction score
I didnt even know they were playing. I don't mind paying to see it. I hear it's a cool spectator sport

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WildBB said:
Way cool - even better to play. :D
Do you still play, WildBB?

I'm fortunate that we have a pretty extensive men's league in Denver. I'm 32 and still playing, and if some of the guys in the league are any barometer of how long I'll last, I could be playing for another 25-30 years (although I'm not sure if I want to be the guy that the young kids look at and start counting up the goals they're going to score in their head ;) )

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
First home game was cancelled due to the snow storm. Friday id now our home opener cannot wait!

We are gonna knock the losers of the cup game last year around like we always do. Just hope we win at the same time! lol

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next home game for the Mammoth is on 2/13 against Arizona. I think I'll talk the wife into getting a sitter so we can watch Gary Gait apply his special brand of whoop-ass on the Sting. And, so I can get drunk and obnoxious with my buddies, don't forget that. Don't ever forget that.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The wings are the slowest team in the NLL. Which to me makes us the worst. We will be dead last this year.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard