Lackluster game plans - all in the plan

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I, for one, am truly excited about Monday night's playoff game.

Coach Kliff and Coach VJ have been dialing up questionable game plans and head scratching personnel all year. Well, hopefully it was all in the plans to be vanilla and not show our true powerhouse capabilities in the playoff run!

This horse was bred to race to the finish and no more worrying about showing something that we don't want seen in the Playoffs!

Woo hoo. It'll be a blitzkrieg on both O and D.

:beer:

:|

(please let this be the plan of the unbelievable ineptness of this team down the stretch)

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It might have actually been the plan to some degree, at least against the Seahawks.

I feel like they were playing somewhat apathetic, kind of with an attitude of “let’s stay healthy, our real game is next week.”

I can’t help but feel Murray wouldn’t have taken some of those sacks where he held the ball forever if it were a playoff game. And I expect him to run a lot more…Again, maybe they were holding his legs back a bit as a precaution so he didn’t take a big hit.

OP
OP
jf-08

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this game is what we have all been waiting for - can Kliff and Kyler win in the Playoffs?

Can Kyler put the team on his shoulders and will himself and the team to victory?

Can Kliff put behind him the career defining late season collapses?

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What they've shown was not vanilla, it was hot garbage. I agree with your sentiment though. I'm excited, not full of dread.

Cards will win the game!

You must be registered for see images attach

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this game is what we have all been waiting for - can Kliff and Kyler win in the Playoffs?

Can Kyler put the team on his shoulders and will himself and the team to victory?

Hopefully there's a switch somewhere that they can use

Hard to see with the late collapse

I want our team to win so bad It hurts

Just don't crush my feelings again with inept play

I want this team to fight from the first whistle to the last second

A win here gives us the momentum to go forward

Can we do it?

I'll be pulling as hard as I can to will a victory

Go Cardinals!

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I like your line of thinking & I hope they win however I truly believe what we've seen is what we are. I think KK puts it all out there every week but either it isn't run correctly or it's too predictable & easy to figure out. Not to mention we're missing our best WR & our DC can't figure out how to play run defense. I'd love to be wrong, I've been rooting for the Cardinals since 1976, not a fan of any other team, I live & die with this team, always have. I have plenty of hope but not much faith. I'll be screaming at the TV just like everyone else Monday night.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
I was hoping the same! Dialed back game plans, no one gets hurt, hide our "A" game plans til the playoffs, lull them to "sleep on us", then POW! Throw an upper cut followed by a left hook and punch their lights out!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I give the team a chance because it's a road game, and because Stafford likes to throw picks. But without Hopkins, I'm not feeling very optimistic.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Being a fan of this team since 1967 I take a more pragmatic approach to this game. I brace for the worse but hope for the best. So many previous letdowns have kind of calloused hope of success. The positive is, a win on Monday will taste that much better. I think those of us here who go back to the 60s will understand my position quite well. I think the Super Bowl defeat was the worst because we had the brass ring in our grasp for a moment only to have it fall from our fingers at the end.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don’t understand the logic that we were playing vanilla to avoid injuries. Uh, that would be sitting starters and key personnel, not playing vanilla. Because we played our starters the entire game and we still came away with an injury to a key player (Conner).

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t understand the logic that we were playing vanilla to avoid injuries. Uh, that would be sitting starters and key personnel, not playing vanilla. Because we played our starters the entire game and we still came away with an injury to a key player (Conner).

I don't think anyone actually believes that was the case. It is more like wishful thinking to explain away some of the poor decisions. (especially on defense on 3rd and long)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It's the NFL, injuries are expected. Never use injuries as an excuse.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
There is a difference between an excuse and a reason. An excuse is something you can control. A reason is something that is out of your control.
A distinction without a difference when you lose!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That team lost it's star WR and stud DT, plus numerous other injuries to key players.
uh,..no.

that team played an early season game missing 6 offensive starters,...including hopkins and Murray...and dominated a playoff team in route to a double digit win.

in fact,...in the first half of the season many were surprised and elated at actually how good our depth is.

but then the bye came,...and when we exited the bye...our discipline, our focus, and our quality depth all disappeared... the entire team turned B grade and our backups suddenly looked like a bunch of used car salesmen playing in a thanksgiving mud bowl with their high school buddies.

we need that early season team with their crisp execution and laser focus....to come back and make this playoff run.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
uh,..no.

that team played an early season game missing 6 offensive starters,...including hopkins and Murray...and dominated a playoff team in route to a double digit win.

in fact,...in the first half of the season many were surprised and elated at actually how good our depth is.

but then the bye came,...and when we exited the bye...our discipline, our focus, and our quality depth all disappeared... the entire team turned B grade and our backups suddenly looked like a bunch of used car salesmen playing in a thanksgiving mud bowl with their high school buddies.

we need that early season team with their crisp execution and laser focus....to come back and make this playoff run.
And the Cardinals need Kyler Murray to step up in the pocket and deliver strikes to the appropriate receiver.

Reaction score
That would be nice instead of those retreat/duck/sack yourself plays he likes so much.

He has to come out with his mind right and keep it right for 60 minutes.
If our OL can't give him lots more time, I fear that's exactly what he'll be doing. Again. The Rams were very effective chasing him into a rapidly contracting space deep in the middle. Look for LA to attempt to do the same.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I, for one, am truly excited about Monday night's playoff game.

Coach Kliff and Coach VJ have been dialing up questionable game plans and head scratching personnel all year. Well, hopefully it was all in the plans to be vanilla and not show our true powerhouse capabilities in the playoff run!

This horse was bred to race to the finish and no more worrying about showing something that we don't want seen in the Playoffs!

Woo hoo. It'll be a blitzkrieg on both O and D.

:beer:
You win the Optimist of the Year Award.
:|

(please let this be the plan of the unbelievable ineptness of this team down the stretch)

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If our OL can't give him lots more time, I fear that's exactly what he'll be doing. Again. The Rams were very effective chasing him into a rapidly contracting space deep in the middle. Look for LA to attempt to do the same.
He had plenty of time this last game and just held onto the ball and held onto the ball and held onto the ball and then would run away from an eventual defender and drop to the ground and/or curl up in a ball. I hope we don't see a lot more of that.