Kyler Murray

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm team Kyler Murray right now, but the ever encroaching sense of doubt builds as he looks frustrated, we look frustrated, and you think about this team's lack of talent.

I can't wait to get to the offseason and find a way to either build around him, or add by subtraction (in the sense of this team potentially being better if we lose Keim and maybe Vance Joseph).

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler is a star in the making. More than living up to being the number one pick. Red zone production will improve as Kliff gets more comfortable with his play calling.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Really, for the most part this forum is the only place where I can go which Kyler still has staunch doubters who continuously feel a need to temper any enthusiasm for what he has done so far as a rookie. I mean you can run Kyler up on a majority of sites and people talking about him who are not even Cardinal fans which are gushing over him. Hell, there are a lot of pundits who doubted him once now stating openly they were wrong and praising the guy. All I know with our given history of drafting QBs, I am going to bask in the here and now and the possibilities of Squeak

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I will respectfully reserve my expectation level and prediction for his greatness for the 2nd time around the league. NFL has a habit of figuring things out.

I generally believe this to be true, but the reverse can also be true. Murray is a student of the game. His Dad taught him to be from the time the dude could walk. Murray has only improved as the season has progressed. He seldom makes the same mistake twice. He has learned when it's best to just throw the ball away, and he doesn't run himself into sacks nearly as much as he did earlier in the season. With Murray, I believe he'll figure out the NFL instead of the NFL figuring him out. Because of his skill sets (plural), he's extremely adaptable.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really, for the most part this forum is the only place where I can go which Kyler still has staunch doubters who continuously feel a need to temper any enthusiasm for what he has done so far as a rookie. I mean you can run Kyler up on a majority of sites and people talking about him who are not even Cardinal fans which are gushing over him. Hell, there are a lot of pundits who doubted him once now stating openly they were wrong and praising the guy. All I know with our given history of drafting QBs, I am going to bask in the here and now and the possibilities of Squeak

Absolutely! Say what you want about Tony Romo, the player, but I think the guy has a very good grasp of NFL talent, as an announcer. I can't recall what game he was calling last week, but I think it was the Pats/Eagles game. Anyways, they broke away to show the highlight of Murray's TD run against the Niners. He said the rest of the NFL better be on alert, as Murray is a superstar. As Jetstream has indicated, the only ones still tempering their praise of Murray reside on this board. And that's only because crow is a difficult bird to choke down.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OMG! What more could he have done in these first games to justify the pick for you?

Yes, the TD production isn't what I'd like to see — and he probably doesn't run as much as advertised, but he's done everything you could want from a #1 pick in the draft.

My biggest peeve remains that he doesn't seem aggressive enough — especially on third downs. Maybe he's just giving things up during a season that was over before it really began and protecting himself. That can turn into a habit of protecting ones' numbers, which puts your guys at a disadvantage in t he long run.

I think that the biggest Murray Hype Beasts on the board oversold him — the future of football hasn't arrived, and Murray isn't changing the trajectory of football forever.

BUT.

He's having an exceptional rookie season on one of the most talent-poor offensive rosters in memory.

I agree with almost all of this, but NO ONE has over sold Murray. I've watched this game of football for a long, long time. As a rookie QB, you have to go back to Marino to find someone as impressive. And Marino was drafted by a good team with talent on board & a HOF HC. When you factor in that Murray was drafted by an offensive team with talent that rivals the expansion Buccaneers of the 70's, then it's impossible to have over sold a talent like Kyler.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with almost all of this, but NO ONE has over sold Murray. I've watched this game of football for a long, long time. As a rookie QB, you have to go back to Marino to find someone as impressive. And Marino was drafted by a good team with talent on board & a HOF HC. When you factor in that Murray was drafted by an offensive team with talent that rivals the expansion Buccaneers of the 70's, then it's impossible to have over sold a talent like Kyler.

I was watching the chargers game last week and it dawned on me that even in throwing motion, I was now looking down on a QB like rivers because I have become used to watching a super tight/quick throwing motion that appears to be far more effective in the moment.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Everyone needs to realize why people temper thier "all in" for Murray.... we're the Cardinals! They historically bring up our expectations...then crash us down into the depths of despair lol. It really doesn't have anything to do with Murray (for me anyway) I like him and his possiblities...it's our cursed franchise that is to blame for pessimism. Records, stats and all are fine...the cloud of doom is ever present, lurking around the Cardinals haha
We're Charlie Brown and the Cardinals are Lucy lol
You must be registered for see images

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Everyone needs to realize why people temper thier "all in" for Murray.... we're the Cardinals! They historically bring up our expectations...then crash us down into the depths of despair lol. It really doesn't have anything to do with Murray (for me anyway) I like him and his possiblities...it's our cursed franchise that is to blame for pessimism. Records, stats and all are fine...the cloud of doom is ever present, lurking around the Cardinals haha

Unfortunately, you’re 100% right.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Unfortunately, you’re 100% right.

Sometimes I feel even if we had Brady and Belichick in their prime we would've never won a SB either lol

I know exactly how you guys feel...... :cry:

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KM isn't perfect. I wish they would do less dinking and dunking but I am not sure I put that on Murray. Other than that, the kid has been impressive to say the least. He has made some rookie mistakes but the future is looking good and I was not high on him leading up to the draft.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
KM isn't perfect. I wish they would do less dinking and dunking but I am not sure I put that on Murray. Other than that, the kid has been impressive to say the least. He has made some rookie mistakes but the future is looking good and I was not high on him leading up to the draft.

i think for K1 to take that next step, he has to step up in the pocket more and deliver -- his instinct is to bail back and outside

the dimes he threw to Cooper and Kirk (dropped) in SF shows he can do it, and shows that when he does, that 15 -20 yard area in the middle of the field becomes available

further, i think the big scramble runs are where QBs step through a gap in the rush rather than flanking it wide --

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
So far he has proven to be the right pick (and I was on the draft QW’s wagon).

But I want to see where Kylers sophomore year goes. We will have a better idea how well he pans out long term after a full season of game film/a whole off season of D coordinations game planning him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
So far he has proven to be the right pick (and I was on the draft QW’s wagon).

But I want to see where Kylers sophomore year goes. We will have a better idea how well he pans out long term after a full season of game film/a whole off season of D coordinations game planning him.
I promise you that teams are already trying to game plan him. Problem is that it is very difficult to find a game plan that works against a guy that can make all the throws and also have his running ability.

On top of that Kyler is only going to get better at reading defenses pre and post snap and the talent he has to work with should only get better. He is already quite good and is going to be VERY good in the coming years.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We get it dude.. You wanted Bosa.... And the guy who couldn't grab the Dolphins starting job...... over a journeyman who might just play for half of the NFL's teams before he hangs em up.

Buck up Cowboy... You're just gonna have to settle for the best QB prospect this team has drafted...... since Neil Fricking Lomax.

Why it's still such a bitter pill for you, I have no idea.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i think for K1 to take that next step, he has to step up in the pocket more and deliver -- his instinct is to bail back and outside

the dimes he threw to Cooper and Kirk (dropped) in SF shows he can do it, and shows that when he does, that 15 -20 yard area in the middle of the field becomes available

further, i think the big scramble runs are where QBs step through a gap in the rush rather than flanking it wide --

The other thing is he's such a good runner if he does step up the defense will have to honor it and then we'll see those Russell Wilson plays where he completes a pass for a long run after catch and you wonder where in the hell was the defense. Then you see the replay and realize they all reacted to the threat of a run by the QB when he stepped up

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think KM has had a pretty good season so far, especially considering he is a rookie and very young. The issues that he has, especially not throwing the ball away when he's out of the pocket, are very fixable. Most of his "issues" will come as the game slows down for him.

His yards per completion are pedestrian but I think that's because his receiving corps is pretty pedestrian as a unit. But, there are young guys being led by Larry Legend so there is hope there too.

I definitely wanted Q over KM in the draft. I was wrong. I am very happy they took KM.

KK on the other hand...I'm not so sure yet. He needs to grow as a HC and, hopefully, he will be able to.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave