Kyler Murray

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

This team is probably 0-11 without #1 behind center.

But...

But...

But...

But...

There’s always a but lol

Enjoy the ride Cardinals fans :mrgreen:

This all day long! We are lucky to have 1 win with Rosen starting. Hell, I don't think Rosen even makes it a full season behind this OL. The fact that Murray hasn't missed a snap is even more of a story. When is the last time the Cardinals QB didn't miss a game from an injury?

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Currently 9th in QBR (Jimmy G will probably finish ahead of him and bump him down to 10th after tonight tho)

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Some think I dislike KM.That is wrong.As discussed many times I would have preferred going defense first and giving Rosen a real chance with a improved roster and coaching like KM has this year.That said Kyler has really flashed some damn good skills at times.
Really like his keeping interceptions down.
Like his scrambling ability
Like his arm.
Like his potential.
What I do have concerns about-
The running backwards sacks
Knowing to throw it away instead of taking the sack.
The poor Red Zone production..too many FGs ..not enough TDs-I will say that could be KK wanting to be conservative and willing to think 3 points better than risking no points at all.
Still needs a better touch on some of his passes.He was among the league leaders in poor throws.
His durability..he has held up fine so far but you that big hit will eventually come .
Has he lived up to being the #1 pick in the whole draft? IMO not yet but he hasn`t been a flop either.He is a work in progress.Can he be the QBOF for this team? I remain skeptical and want to see more consistent better play before I decide.Thats not a damning of KM that is just wanting to see more before getting on board.

Lol, dude is already a top 10 QB.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I still think the posters who are saying everyone is gushing over him are in their own fairytale land. It's only happening in fantasy football circles with that intensity.

But that said, I think he's the best player currently on this team. I think this is a godawful team, so take it for what it's worth, and I still might rather have Bosa, but he's solid. I hope we don't kill him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I still think the posters who are saying everyone is gushing over him are in their own fairytale land. It's only happening in fantasy football circles with that intensity.

But that said, I think he's the best player currently on this team. I think this is a godawful team, so take it for what it's worth, and I still might rather have Bosa, but he's solid. I hope we don't kill him.
Okay. :rolleyes:

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Part of me feels like Bosa would only have 3 sacks on this defense.

49ers defense allows a really good player to be great.

If I were confident we could build a defense around Bosa then yea it would be tough. However, I look at the Texans. JJ Watt was a defensive MVP, future HOF, etc. Right now they are without him and not really a blip on the radar because they have Deshaun Watson. He's good enough to overcome flaws even if he's not the "better player"

Lets hope Kyler can overcome Keim.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

:)
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Pass rushers <<<<<<<<<<<<<< QB

Every analytic agrees with that comment.

Even the best pass rushers to ever play around as valuable as even a good QB.

I wouldn't trade Murray straight up for Bosa and Jimmy Garappolo. I think Murray can be that good.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I wouldn't trade Murray straight up for Bosa and Jimmy Garappolo. I think Murray can be that good.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Solar 7, please tell us, you are kidding about STILL wanting Bosa over KM. I think that Bosa is a VG DE, but the QB position is so much more important to the success of a team. And to have a game changer at that position, you can't ask for better.

I'll put you in the, "We should have given Rosen a real chance" category.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Solar 7, please tell us, you are kidding about STILL wanting Bosa over KM. I think that Bosa is a VG DE, but the QB position is so much more important to the success of a team. And to have a game changer at that position, you can't ask for better.

I'll put you in the, "We should have given Rosen a real chance" category.

Why do u guys still taking the dude so seriously?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I finally figured out BW & Solar’s schtick. Mad it took me a while, but it makes sense why their posts are eerily similar even though BW’s tends to be more abrasive.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last night's game was further evidence that QB's like Wilson & Murray are special to have. As great as Rodgers is, he had no chance against the SF pass rush. I think we can add Jackson to that list, but we'll know more next week when the Niners & Ravens clash. So, the Seahawks beat the Niners, and the Cardinals were oh, so close. Every other team has struggled mightily against SF. If the Cardinals can add a few toys to the offense & build a D, they can be quite the handful moving forward.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I get his point but this time it's just nonsense. The Cards have allowed an NFL high 29 TD passes this year(NE has allowed FOUR), the 49ers have allowed I think 10 and lead the NFL in fewest pass yards allowed. Comparing Jimmy G's stats throwing against our swiss cheese defense to Kyler's throwing against SF's top 2 defense is pointless. We played 8 in the box and dared them to throw and they beat us both games throwing the ball, including a ton of screens, they did what they should do we wouldn't let them run so they took the passes.

Aaron Rodgers is a first ballot HOFer and one of the best QB's to ever play in the NFL, and they dominated him, frustrated him and the Pack were never in the game. Kyler Murray had us in the game both times we played them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night's game was further evidence that QB's like Wilson & Murray are special to have. As great as Rodgers is, he had no chance against the SF pass rush. I think we can add Jackson to that list, but we'll know more next week when the Niners & Ravens clash. So, the Seahawks beat the Niners, and the Cardinals were oh, so close. Every other team has struggled mightily against SF. If the Cardinals can add a few toys to the offense & build a D, they can be quite the handful moving forward.

Rodgers can still move but not like Murray can. The problem Aaron had as they kept saying all night was his rookie RT simply couldn't hold up so Bosa was killing him, in the backfield constantly. They eventually had to start chipping or literally keeping in an extra guy to block Bosa. So they not only couldn't give Rodgers time, they had to remove one receiver from the patterns to try and help give him time.

Philly yesterday against Seattle had DB Malcolm Jenkins spying Wilson most of the game. It worked, Jenkins had a fabulous game with sacks and hurries, but it shows you how good Wilson is that in a terrible weather game where his Wr dropped 2 TD passes, (and Wilson missed an easy one) the defense had to spy him to contain him.

Kyler isn't there yet but he's getting there.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Geez, much ado about nothing with the Bosa comment. Shouldn't have made it. There's no schtick here, although it's no surprise the usual suspects started to freak out about it.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It can be that, but it’s starting to become obvious they're the same person.
Yes, I have time to simultaneously run two accounts, one with impeccable punctuation, and one without, for 17 years, all to troll people about Kyler Murray, who would have been five years old.

I’m really in it for the long play.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I get his point but this time it's just nonsense. The Cards have allowed an NFL high 29 TD passes this year(NE has allowed FOUR), the 49ers have allowed I think 10 and lead the NFL in fewest pass yards allowed. Comparing Jimmy G's stats throwing against our swiss cheese defense to Kyler's throwing against SF's top 2 defense is pointless. We played 8 in the box and dared them to throw and they beat us both games throwing the ball, including a ton of screens, they did what they should do we wouldn't let them run so they took the passes.

Aaron Rodgers is a first ballot HOFer and one of the best QB's to ever play in the NFL, and they dominated him, frustrated him and the Pack were never in the game. Kyler Murray had us in the game both times we played them.

no no no stop using common sense here.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The Packers threw up two stinkers in California this year. This is not really that surprising.