Kyler Murray Post-Game

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Personally dont want Kyler calling shots until he's earned it. Kyler picked Sumlin out of HS and then was first told no by Charlie Strong at Texas when transferring before making his way to OU.

Either everyone improves or we start over completely. That includes finding a new GM to find a new HC or see if he can upgrade the roster for Kliff.

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
We actually have ZERO evidence that Kyler has ever bought into Kliff's hype. He said no to him in college. He did not chose to play for Kliff.

Kliff is the one that has said Kyler is his dream QB, not the other way around.

I think it would be AWESOME if Kyler had enough swag to have a meeting with Bidwill and be like "You know this guy is a career loser right? I never cared about playing for him, and I will sign a contract extension with a different coach...you don't need to keep him around on my account".

Kyler has not done enough to be making demands like that. Not even close.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Running KM on 3rd down on 3rd and 20
Get the heck outta here

having a qb with ‘deer in the headlights ‘ throwing with 40 seconds in the half in FG range

having a turnover and winning in d...having a new qb throw from the end one ...come on
Run run run and kick
You are not ever going to win Roth him

for king not to play Huntley who has won and played well in the league vs a talkative cowboy who won at at in Canada...wake up

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I hate the downtrodden body language. I wish someone had taught him some leadership or fire in the face of media at some point.

However, I'll totally buy that Kyler doesn't love Kliff. I'm more or less a believer in Murray now. I'm not in the rest of the operation.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That’s 2 years of a rook qb deal down the drain. 2 more years he’s gonna have a $155 million dollar deal...have fun fiddling a roster with that...when you couldn’t do it with him making pittance.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Fire Vance Joseph ASAP
Today was not his fault
But 15 weeks he let teams score more against the cards then they had vs any team they’d previously played
He sucks!
Get Garduk back , him and Chandler along with Golden as a rotation is strong
Trade a 2nd for Watt
Allow HR to walk...don’t like players who only show during $ years....don’t be the fool to bite that Apple.
Upgrade the o line
Either way don’t matter...season over
Mike B - never accept anything less than the championship

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fire Vance Joseph ASAP
Today was not his fault
But 15 weeks he let teams score more against the cards then they had vs any team they’d previously played
He sucks!
Get Garduk back , him and Chandler along with Golden as a rotation is strong
Trade a 2nd for Watt
Allow HR to walk...don’t like players who only show during $ years....don’t be the fool to bite that Apple.
Upgrade the o line
Either way don’t matter...season over
Mike B - never accept anything less than the championship

I don't see how you can fire Vance without Kliff seeing as Vance as vastly improved while Kliff has got worse.

I didn't think our D was great yesterday but it did its job. Its stopped a couple of RZ drives, including goal line. It didn't give up a TD. It was poor on 3rd down and stopping Wolford running but overall the D has been at least league average.

The offense however has sucked recently. If Kyler can't run it stinks.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hate the downtrodden body language. I wish someone had taught him some leadership or fire in the face of media at some point.

However, I'll totally buy that Kyler doesn't love Kliff. I'm more or less a believer in Murray now. I'm not in the rest of the operation.
I don't see how you can fire Vance without Kliff seeing as Vance as vastly improved while Kliff has got worse.

I didn't think our D was great yesterday but it did its job. Its stopped a couple of RZ drives, including goal line. It didn't give up a TD. It was poor on 3rd down and stopping Wolford running but overall the D has been at least league average.

The Murray ability to run(when healthy) masked all the flaws
But basically is a bad team overall
Mediocre offensive line
Mediocre receivers
Average rb's
Average tigh ends
Questionable playcalling

Murray is the solution, not the problem
A qb alone can't take u in the post season by himself
Look at deshaun Watson, he played amazing statiscally, but he got just 4 wins

The6

All Star
Reaction score

The D didn't look bad because the had a rookie qb who was ok and who we made look like he's played more games than he has.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He probably wouldn't have been here without Kliff. Somewhere else and not the #1 pick .

It's not a probable, it's a absolute guarantee Murray would not be a Cardinal and definitely not the #1 pick if they didn't hire Kingsbury.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only thing I can think of is accountability...Nobody seems to be holding others accountable for crap play, crap play calls, mental lapses, etc.

FO not holding coaches accountable...
Coaches not holding players accountable...
Huge part of the teams downfall and undoing.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
Yeah. I thought it was interesting to hear him talk about there being things the organization needed to do to stop hurting themselves but that he did not want to get into that.

I liked to hear it because I agree. There is something broken in this organization. He feels like he knows what it is but doesn't want to get into it.
We all know what it is, worst kept secret in the NFL lol

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Kyler has not done enough to be making demands like that. Not even close.

I dont want him demanding KK is fired. I would just like him to be clear "We aren't tied at the hip like KLIFF is always trying to sell. I will be fine with any HC because I'm an NFL QB and my talent will work with any system".

To me that would show a lot of confidence from Kyler, and would stop this nonsense that KK and KM only work together.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I dont want him demanding KK is fired. I would just like him to be clear "We aren't tied at the hip like KLIFF is always trying to sell. I will be fine with any HC because I'm an NFL QB and my talent will work with any system".

To me that would show a lot of confidence from Kyler, and would stop this nonsense that KK and KM only work together.
I think Murray did a good job of letting everyone know, when he told Kliff to stop being so conservative and trust him. It’s up to management and ownership now, to figure out if the two can continue...I’d have no problem with Murray clearing the air with Kliff and Steve together, which may be his plan.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He probably wouldn't have been here without Kliff. Somewhere else and not the #1 pick .
I agree, but he was the OROY and now a Pro Bowler in year 2. The list of Pro Bowl QBs who don't go to the playoffs is pretty short.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

The problem is that they are and Kyler knows that. Unless he forces a change he may be stuck and he doesn't seem like the type of person to just go down with the ship blazing.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of postgame clips, but all that stands out from Kyler each time is "Uh, yeah, uh, it is what it is." Just sounds like a disinterested kid who wants to go home and play some video games and forget what happened on the field. Dude should be pissed and embarrassed, but in all honesty it doesn't sound like he's too bothered by the dismal end to the season. This team needs some leaders, IMHO.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This could be true and this would be the only reason Kliff would get fired in the upcoming days.
I’m pretty convinced that Murray has NEVER been enamored with KK, but nothing will happen with Kingsbury this offseason. This is a Cardinals organization that will only see progress going from 3-13 to 5-9-1 to 8-8. Exactly why we haven’t won an NFL Championship in 70 years. Joseph should be the 1st to go, but he’s safe this year too.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I've heard a lot of postgame clips, but all that stands out from Kyler each time is "Uh, yeah, uh, it is what it is." Just sounds like a disinterested kid who wants to go home and play some video games and forget what happened on the field. Dude should be pissed and embarrassed, but in all honesty it doesn't sound like he's too bothered by the dismal end to the season. This team needs some leaders, IMHO.
You should try listening to yesterday's presser again. I've been a critic, but I think his message yesterday was as clear as he could make it, without coming out and naming names...He's frustrated, not down...and I think he sounded like a kid who's used to winning and isn't gonna take losing anymore and needs everyone, top down, on board with that. Definitely seemed like a bit of a breaking point.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose