Kyler Murray in 5 Years

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by TJ, May 22, 2019.

Where will Kyler Rank in 5 Years?

1. Top-5 All-Pro Caliber QB

29.5%
  2. Top-10 With one or two Pro Bowls

42.9%
  3. Top-20 Average Starting QB

7.6%
  4. Journeyman Backup

6.7%
  5. Mega Bust - Out of the League

13.3%
  1. SECTION 11

SECTION 11 vibraslap

Now that little fella Wilson is padding his stats because big prototype Stanford dude is hurt. It’s like the forum is on candid camera.

Krangthebrain likes this.
  2. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain Captain of Team Murray

LOL.

One is a winner, one is a wiener.

3. mojorizen7

mojorizen7 Registered

I voted journeyman, but not because he sucks. He has a chance to be very good and i think he will be pretty good early. I just see these type of QB's as having a shorter shelf life. Injuries, getting schemed down etc.

IMO he'll be electric at times but also make those typical rookie QB boneheaded mistakes. I'm also glad my Rams won't see him until December when there's ample film on his game.

I don't think he'll take the pounding after about 30-40 games. Then there's the mental make up of losing games. Rosen handled it. You just never know how it's going to affect these young QB's who haven't faced true adversity.

4. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Whatever credibility your argument carried was lost when you brought Rosen into the discussion. As the season progressed, you were rightfully watching the Rams, and not watching Rosen completely unravel. I'm not sure what you mean by Rosen handling the mental make up of losing games? As the season progressed, he looked less and less like a QBOTF. The one thing that Murray has always done is WIN. I don't want a QB that mentally handles losing. Murray will continue to win, and some of that will be detrimental to your Rams.

5. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

This team isn't good enough to guarantee Kyler keeps winning. He's going to have to deal with adversity, whether you like that or not. Regardless of how Rosen handled it, when our defense gives up 48 like Oklahoma did to Bama, Kyler's going to have to stare down the face of a loss.

Delmar M Lewis likes this.
  6. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

Time will tell. In the meantime, you should start looking for another team to root FOR. It's all too obvious that the Cardinals will the team that you root AGAINST.

7. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Preparing myself by understanding that the worst team in the league last year with a rookie HC and QB are going to have some growing pains is NOT rooting against my team. Thinking we're going to go 16-0 and march straight to the Super Bowl with a Swiss cheese roster is setting yourself up for a ton of disappointment.

I'm just being a realist here.

BW52 and CardsSunsDbacks like this.
  8. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Only one quarterback in the league last year had his defense give up 48 points and won. Goff did against the Chiefs. If our defense gives up 48 point I don’t think the Murray will be the blame unless he threw 3 pick sixes or something.

Of course there is going to be adversity. I’m not to worried how Murray will handle it. How will Bosa handle it if his team goes 1-4 and he has 1 sack? These are professional athletes that have faced adversity their entire sports careers. To get to the NFL they have obviously failed at times and responded or they wouldn’t be here.

God, is it September yet?

daves likes this.
  9. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Well, I mean, that's the issue... Murray really hasn't. Which, more power to the kid, that's incredible, but it's scary. The QB is the general of the team. He's the leader. He touches the ball every single offensive play. If Bosa has a poor game and the 49ers lose, no one is really going to remember. How many of us are sitting here remembering that Chandler Jones had zero sacks and one tackle in last year's 3-17 loss against the Lions? None, but we'll rip the QB for that lack of production.

The last time Kyler walked off the field with an L, he cried. Now, I'm not judging him for that, it was at the time his last game as a football player, and a rough one with a chance to go to the championship game, but how does he react when his career losses have been doubled by week 4? Does he rally the team, or doubt himself and struggle with the media?

BW52 likes this.
  10. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

I’ve stated I’m not worried about it. Obviously I know what you think. You have come to the conclusion he cannot and will not handle adversity. I’ll politely say, well let’s put it this way. I’m am not concerned.

11. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

I haven't come to any conclusion about him.

I'm concerned. That's it. It's not that I don't want him to succeed, I have nothing against the kid and want t watch my team win. I'm just constantly baffled by the insane blinders everyone has put on with him.

12. juza76

juza76 Registered

that is a reach
    wilson won a super bowl and was half inch away of getting a second one
    even without a great cast around him he did amazingly well

people said he had linch but a great running back never lead a team winning something

adrian Peterson
    priest holmes
    larry johnson
    ck johnson
    ladainian Tomlinson

and I dont think wilson ever played with a receiver like tj Hilton

I know many were in love with luck even before touching the nfl field but Wilson did significantly better

daves and CardsSunsDbacks like this.
  13. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

A great running back never led a team? Is this some kind of bizarro NFL?

And Wilson didn't have much around him?
    "On February 2, 2014, the Seahawks won the franchise's only Super Bowl Championship, defeating Denver 43–8. The Seahawks' defense performance in 2013 was acclaimed as one of the best in the Super Bowl era.'

kerouac9 and BW52 like this.
  14. DVontel

DVontel Registered

I mean, we all or at least should all know Wilson was dealt with a significantly better supporting cast than Luck to start off.

Krangthebrain and kerouac9 like this.
  15. juza76

juza76 Registered

I was talking about the offense
    Wilson offensive line has been always mediocre( same for Luck) and never had a top receiver, like tj hilton

I just stated the Wilson had a better career so far
    arent u agree?

Crimson Warrior likes this.