Kyler Murray in 5 Years

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by TJ, May 22, 2019.

Where will Kyler Rank in 5 Years?

1. Top-5 All-Pro Caliber QB

29.5%
  2. Top-10 With one or two Pro Bowls

42.9%
  3. Top-20 Average Starting QB

7.6%
  4. Journeyman Backup

6.7%
  5. Mega Bust - Out of the League

13.3%
  1. Solar7

Solar7 Also Skeptical

Russell’s an inch taller. And was nowhere near the risk. It’s tedious to be told we’re going to be some amazing team because this kid is some kind of miracle that’s going to subvert all of the normal expectations.

Your answers are pretty much just constantly “measurable don’t matter.” I’m tired of it too.

2. LoyaltyisaCurse

LoyaltyisaCurse IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...

Sort of OT:

University of Oklahoma gave false data to U.S. News college rankings for 20 years

3. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

A follow up poll should be, who will be the Cards coach and GM in 5 years. I think all 3 will be out of the league.

4. BW52

BW52 Registered

So what are you going to do when he fails to be "transcendent" and is just another QB who proves not worthy of the #1 pick?How is that crap sandwich going to taste?

5. PACardsFan

PACardsFan Registered User

He'll be the most exciting QB in Cardinal history. So, you ask what I'll do? That's a silly question. I'll just sit back and enjoy it.

Praxis likes this.
  6. BW52

BW52 Registered

CW -so ONE QB has been successful in 50 years and hoping that it happens again is a sound plan.LMFAO.so quit trying to be board moniter .

7. BW52

BW52 Registered

********.Absolute nonsense .

8. cheesebeef

cheesebeef Registered User Contributor

as tedious and boring as Solar's arguments have been, yours have been equally the same. making an "indisputable" argument based on ONE QB's success in the league and the exception to the rule doesn't give you "game, set and match". In fact, it only bolsters his argument that you can't name anyone else at Kyler's size who's been successful.

And please stop pretending like you're the grown up in the room when you're calling people bro and other crap like that.

9. PACardsFan

With your utter hatred of Murray, you really should consider rooting for another team next year. You'll be miserable if we win & I think you'll be miserable if we lose. I'm not so sure about the latter though?????????

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  10. PACardsFan

I'm not sure why it matters if there were other successful "short" QB's in the NFL. What matters is that there's never been another "short" QB that has the overall skillset that Murray possesses. I guess Wilson is the closest in that regard, but I truly think that Murray is more talented than Russell is. Time will tell. Can't wait to watch the kid.

CardsSunsDbacks likes this.
  11. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

Anybody that is worried about Murray, do yourself a favor. Find yourself some highlights of Patrick Mahomes from last year. His movement and escapability produced huge plays. The plays he made with his feet had nothing to do with his height. He could have been 4’ tall and would have been able to make many of the plays he made. Murray may be 3 inches shorter than Mahomes but he is quicker than Mahomes and just as accurate.

Cuozzo likes this.
  12. Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion

Well, you’ve made many tedious and boring arguments in the past too.

Murray’s size is a concern. To say it’s not is burying your head in the sand.

Name me one QB under 6’0 that’s been drafted in the 1st round much less #1 overall.

Does that automatically make him a failure, no. But it’s a very legitimate concern.
    People can’t name a Qb of Murray’s size that’s been successful because there hasn’t been one.

He may turn out great but history is against him and the Cards are betting the house on him. Sometimes people hit their inside straight or runner runner flush draw.
    I’m hoping the Cards do but odds and history say they won’t.

Southpaw and BW52 like this.
  13. BW52

BW52 Registered

LMAO.I`ll be rooting for the Cards just as I have for over 50 years.I don`t have to like the player.....just the team.So you should consider stopping with fandom advice.Because you are a cheerleader for Murray doesn`t mean everyone has to be.

14. Delmar M Lewis

Delmar M Lewis Registered

Fran Tarkenton took the Vikings to 4 Super Bowls and please correct me if I'm wrong he was like 5'11" or so,so it definitely is not unheard for sub 6 footers to succeed unlikely yes impossible Hell No

15. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

What measurable other than height and single year are you talking about? Bc it seems you’re ignoring all measirables but those two.

Krangthebrain likes this.