Kyler Murray stat line and final score

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just for a bit of fun what do you think Kyler Murray's stats will look like and what will the score be in his first game back?

I'm going to go with 235 yards, 2 TD's, 1 INT, 15 rushing yards.

Cards win 27 - 20

(If Conner is back)

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
hmmm....

I expect Petzing to immediately try to use Murray's legs like he did Dobbs, so I'm going 50+ yards rushing.
Petzing may want to use Kyler's legs like Dobbs. But will Kyler?

Dobbs ran fearless on some runs that helped him extend some runs. Will Kyler try to split defenders, use his stutter move, etc etc.

Thats just something I expect after a couple weeks of getting hit.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
I’m going to curve my excitement because I really don’t want to lose our draft position. If KM is playing, I do feel we have a better fair chance of winning but not enough with our OL.

I’ll say Atlanta 24 - Arizona 17
Kyler finishes 17-28 for 163 yards because he will be throwing the ball away to avoid sacks. He will have 1 TD passing and 1 rushing TD to go along with his 26 yards rushing. No picks either.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’ll say close to 300 passing and a Cards win. Our other QBs were just so inaccurate they left way to many play and yards on the field… I’ll bet our OC is so excited to open the play book with a QB that can make all the throws… if nothing else K1 playing gives us something to watch in a losing season thus far…

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Petzing may want to use Kyler's legs like Dobbs. But will Kyler?

Dobbs ran fearless on some runs that helped him extend some runs. Will Kyler try to split defenders, use his stutter move, etc etc.

Thats just something I expect after a couple weeks of getting hit.

I 100% think DP will call some stuff where Murray will test the edge of D. Especially when we hear JG say "we're going to maximize his skill set".

And of course Murray will get flushed from the pocket at least a couple of times and I think he'll pick up some yards on scrambles.

But yeah SoonerLou. Where K1's mind is at right now is the 46 million dollar question.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Average rushing yards by QB per game

You must be registered for see images attach

I see Kyler Murray going for 50+ but it won't be a bunch of designed runs - I'm thinking more improv

Outerlimits

Veteran
Reaction score
200 yards passing. 1TD, 2Int. 50 yards rushing/one rushing TD.

New system and hasn't played in a long period. He is going to be rusty. He will look much better in a couple weeks.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hmmm....

I expect Petzing to immediately try to use Murray's legs like he did Dobbs, so I'm going 50+ yards rushing.
Agree 100%. Petzing & JG have said repeatedly that they will utilize Murray’s total skill set. I expect him to run & utilize his pop up slide. Atlanta has a better D than people realize, and our OL is a huge question mark going into this game. Murray will combine for 300 yards between his arm and legs. I think he’ll have 2-3 touchdowns passing, 1 running, and he won’t get picked. With our shaky OL, my biggest fear is how many times he gets sacked.

OP
OP
BritCard

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A few of things I'd like to see changed in the way Kyler plays that would confirm my thoughts about this coaching staff.

1, Kyler stops holding the ball like a loaf when he runs. It's stupid.

2, While he should never be lowering his shoulder against linebackers if he needs to lower his shoulder against a CB to get a 1st down then he needs to do it. He's 210lbs ish. No excuses. Sliding or running out of bound 2 yards shy to avoid a hit from a 180lb cornerback is not football.

3, Run QB sneaks. Kyler was 207 at the combine and whatever he weighs now is more than that. Jalen Hurts is around 220. Drew brees was 210. Plenty of QB's around Kylers weight run QB sneaks when required. 5-10lbs isn't making much difference. If it's 3rd and inches he needs to run them.

wagon mound 464

Veteran
Reaction score
12/22 ...... 110 yds ..... no TDs..... 47 yds rushing, rushing for his life with no protection.

21 - 10 ,, another Card's loss.

May take several weeks to get back into the groove.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A few of things I'd like to see changed in the way Kyler plays that would confirm my thoughts about this coaching staff.

1, Kyler stops holding the ball like a loaf when he runs. It's stupid.

2, While he should never be lowering his shoulder against linebackers if he needs to lower his shoulder against a CB to get a 1st down then he needs to do it. He's 210lbs ish. No excuses. Sliding or running out of bound 2 yards shy to avoid a hit from a 180lb cornerback is not football.

3, Run QB sneaks. Kyler was 207 at the combine and whatever he weighs now is more than that. Jalen Hurts is around 220. Drew brees was 210. Plenty of QB's around Kylers weight run QB sneaks when required. 5-10lbs isn't making much difference. If it's 3rd and inches he needs to run them.
I just want him running this offense as it was designed. He doesn’t have to carry this offense on his back. If we can run the ball the way we were with Connor there will be plenty of opportunities for big plays off of play action that Dobbs didn’t/ couldn’t hit.
No to taking on cb’s…slide.
If we need a tush push, bring in Tune.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The problem with thinking about what will transpire is I have zero idea how the offensive coordinator will use Kyler in his offense scheme.

Based on Kyler’s previous history my concern is he focused on one receiver being Hopkins completely ignoring open receivers. If he sees Hollywood as his new crutch it will be a long afternoon in the valley of the sun.

Will Kyler see the field and go through his progressions? Will he have time? Will he try to avoid the rush by digging a 15 yard hole? Will run plays be called for him?

Will be an interesting afternoon.