Kyler Murray entering Draft

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
In addition to talent level, the coaching at OU was much better than Rosen had at UCLA...Nobody is ever going to accuse Mora of running an innovative or wide open offense.

Has it ever occurred to you sir, that Murray receiving excellent coaching at the college level will, you know, benefit him as he transitions into the NFL?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Kyler was sacked 18 times on 377 attempts: 4.77%
Haskins was sacked 20 times on 373 attempts: 5.36%

a statistically insignificant difference.

Is anyone talking about clean pockets with Haskins or are you just looking for a reason to support your bias?

OPEN your minds....... OPEN THEM!!!

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Has it ever occurred to you sir, that Murray receiving excellent coaching at the college level will, you know, benefit him as he transitions into the NFL?
Or that JOSH WAS RECEIVING NFL LEVEL COACHING at UCLA in an tried and true NFL system and basically had the same stats from his Freshman to his Junior season.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Sir, where did I knock Murray for having good coaching at the college level?

I simply made a position of you can't equally compare Murray and Rosen at the college level because of coaching, on top of talent level.

Stop taking things so personally.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No highlight reel will ever show a player under extreme duress. It's the antithesis of what a HIGHLIGHT video was made, produced, and put on this earth to show.

In his two losses last year.
vs. Texas: 304 passing. 92 rushing. 4TD's 1 INT - 214.37 passer rating

That game was a shootout though. let's look at the 33rd NFL franchise: ALABAMA in the CFB Playoffs. Big Stage - Big Audience. And he was runnig for his life on many drop backs.

vs. Bama: 308 passing. 109 rushing. 2 TD's 0 INT's - 139.11 passer rating
with scoring drives of 14, 14, and 10 plays throughout the game.

Practice? PRACTICE?!?!?!?!

They just won't listen Doctor. They won't acknowledge facts, and they won't believe what the see with their own eyes, because it contradicts their narrative so completely. They're entrenched in their viewpoint to the point of sticking their head in the sand.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
They just won't listen Doctor. They won't acknowledge facts, and they won't believe what the see with their own eyes, because it contradicts their narrative so completely. They're entrenched in their viewpoint to the point of sticking their head in the sand.
Keim says it all the time.

Don't get too caught up on recency bias. Go look at the tape to see what kind of prospect they are. Your eyes dont lie.

Urban just reiterated that philosophy on the Cards Underground podcast.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Keim says it all the time.

Don't get too caught up on recency bias. Go look at the tape to see what kind of prospect they are. Your eyes dont lie.

Urban just reiterated that philosophy on the Cards Underground podcast.
Tape is cool but level of competition also should be a factor. Keim has a fascination with small school guys and reaching for them. Those type of risks are better suited for the later rounds (see Chad Williams). Also sometimes it seems Keim or scouts are looking at the wrong tape (see Brandon Williams).

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

Bullcrap.Its calling not buying the hype BS about a short QB in the lousy defensive conference.At least Mayfield was 2-3 inches taller and bigger.All you and DRJones hyperventilating bluster and BS still isn`t going to make Murray taller or bigger.The nonsense about following the flock is just tripe.What works is well known.Thinking Murray is going to take the league by storm and change football is wishing in one hand and crapping in the other.Guess which one fills up first?.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Murray won't be the #1 QB drafted let alone the #1 overall pick, I said that before and still stand by that.

He would make zero sense for the Cardinals considering team needs and the roster currently in place. Maybe last year he would have made sense had we stood pat and not traded up but he wasn't in last years draft.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Kyler was sacked 18 times on 377 attempts: 4.77%
Haskins was sacked 20 times on 373 attempts: 5.36%

a statistically insignificant difference.

Is anyone talking about clean pockets with Haskins or are you just looking for a reason to support your bias?

OPEN your minds....... OPEN THEM!!!

My mind IS open, I'm just not blindly eating up highlights from a guy who played on a ridiculously talented team AND the mass media lemming act .

You are the one falling for it.

The way I see it is there is a better chance that Rosen becomes a franchise QB AND you get a defensive cornerstone.

Take Murray and you won't get that. You end up with a massive risk and no great defensive player. OPEN your mind!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Murray won't be the #1 QB drafted let alone the #1 overall pick, I said that before and still stand by that.

He would make zero sense for the Cardinals considering team needs and the roster currently in place. Maybe last year he would have made sense had we stood pat and not traded up but he wasn't in last years draft.

Murray would've been the fourth best QB last year...

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Enough of the Murray/Rosen argument. A couple of you are getting way too adviserial if not a bit too aggressive towards other posters IMO. Murray should make some team a nice qb, ala Russell, Mayfly, if not a Drew B. The only relevant ? is whether our front office decides they want to start over with a qb who seems a better fit with our young coaches experience and previous philosophy or stick with what they already have, know, have seen enough of to determine if deep down they honestly feel he will become our long awaited savior.

If they have their doubts, do you think they want to continue down that road when it is not too late and they are in the perfect position to start over? Its their call in deciding what will be written in history about the next 20 years of Cardinal success or futility. (I feel a poll might be coming.)

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Ok, looking past the silliness of this thread.

The best point I see made for Murray is simply, if the Cardinals are going to go all in with Kingsbury, and Murray is supposedly the best QB for that system, then why not draft him ?

IMHO, I agree with none of it.

Yet why not do it all the way is a valid question ?

Keim's job is on the line, and Bidwills reputation both in the league, and in the state will be on the line either.

It pays off, it pays off big time.

It doesn't then they are the laughing stock again for 10 years, people will be back to calling them Same Ol' Cardinals.

Plus I am sure that the Steelers, Patriots or Giants would LOVE to take Josh Rosen off our hands.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, looking past the silliness of this thread.

The best point I see made for Murray is simply, if the Cardinals are going to go all in with Kingsbury, and Murray is supposedly the best QB for that system, then why not draft him ?

IMHO, I agree with none of it.

Yet why not do it all the way is a valid question ?

Keim's job is on the line, and Bidwills reputation both in the league, and in the state will be on the line either.

It pays off, it pays off big time.

It doesn't then they are the laughing stock again for 10 years, people will be back to calling them Same Ol' Cardinals.

Plus I am sure that the Steelers, Patriots or Giants would LOVE to take Josh Rosen off our hands.
Hell you could add the Redskins, Dolphins, Bengals, jags, and maybe even the Chargers.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media