Kyler Murray entering Draft

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I still don't get why taking a position off the table is a good thing.

The Cardinals should keep other teams guessing about their intentions.

Other teams know the Cardinals aren’t going to go QB in Round 1. Cutting or trading Rosen incurs $8 mil in dead cap space. This doesn’t get discussed enough as it’s a complete deal-breaker and should end this nonsense about Murray.

The leverage is with the other teams who’d jump ahead of other teams to get him. However, I don’t get the sense that teams are clamoring to get the #1 pick. I could see a situation in which the 49ers get more phone calls for #2 because neither SF nor AZ need a QB and that #2 pick is cheaper to get.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Other teams know the Cardinals aren’t going to go QB in Round 1. Cutting or trading Rosen incurs $8 mil in dead cap space. This doesn’t get discussed enough as it’s a complete deal-breaker and should end this nonsense about Murray.

The leverage is with the other teams who’d jump ahead of other teams to get him. However, I don’t get the sense that teams are clamoring to get the #1 pick. I could see a situation in which the 49ers get more phone calls for #2 because neither SF nor AZ need a QB and that #2 pick is cheaper to get.

Good point re: SF.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wrong on both counts. Haskins will be the #1 QB drafted and he won't be a Cardinal.
Lol. I’m not sure where the first part of that even came from. I think maybe I was putting together a satirical post days ago that I gave up on but it was still on there.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

When there was discussion about the possibility of drafting a quarterback early awhile back, I never envisioned the Cardinals trading Rosen.

The two quarterbacks would compete against each other for the starting job. Drafting a quarterback would have been insurance if Rosen didn't live up to expectations and the exorbitant cost it would take to move up in another draft to get one.

I'm not seeing anyone beating down the door for a particular quarterback either, especially at the number 1 slot.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
PFT sure was working the Cardinals picking Murray yesterday morning. I don't like the idea, but he's better than Rosen easily

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Easily?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
I think there is a lot of posters who play a lot of Madden. There is no player available EVER that is easily no don’t about it sure thing. If that were the case every draft pick in the first 4 rounds would be high impact 10 year players.

TJ

Reaction score
PFT sure was working the Cardinals picking Murray yesterday morning. I don't like the idea, but he's better than Rosen easily

Pretty evident you're hoping Rosen fails. You've listed a dozen QBs you think are better, which include guys like Kyler Murray (one season of college experience) and Mason Rudolph (LMFAO).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Pretty evident you're hoping Rosen fails. You've listed a dozen QBs you think are better, which include guys like Kyler Murray (one season of college experience) and Mason Rudolph (LMFAO).

Stick to your other arguments for why we shouldn't draft Murray TJ.

The "one season of college experience" thing is silly, because he was the best player college football during his "one season". Also, he actually started several games for Texas A&M before he transferred to OU.

But just for fun, I'll give you a glimpse into an alternate reality that also refutes the "single college season" argument. If Murray stayed at OU for his remaining year of eligibility, he would win the heisman again, and would torch college defenses just like he did last year. He would freaking torch them TJ, and he would cement his legacy as the greatest college QB of all time.

I recommend you go with "The Cardinals are sticking with Josh Rosen". That's the most reasonable argument for not drafting Murray.

Last edited:

TJ

Reaction score

The "one season of college experience" thing is silly, because he was the best player college football during his "one season". Also, he actually started several games for Texas A&M before he transferred to OU.

That post had nothing to do with why the Cards shouldn't draft a QB. It had more to do with Poison's perseveration over random QBs he thinks are better.
just for fun, I'll give you glimpse into an alternate reality that also refutes the "single college season" argument. If Murray stayed at OU for his remaining year of eligibility, he would win the heisman again, and would torch college defenses just like he did last year. He would freaking torch them TJ, and he would cement his legacy as the greatest college QB of all time.

Your opinion of an event that will never happen, which you are trying to convert into fact, so it doesn't refute anything.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Why is he not the second coming of Doug Flutie or Johnny Football?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

But just for fun, I'll give you glimpse into an alternate reality that also refutes the "single college season" argument. If Murray stayed at OU for his remaining year of eligibility, he would win the heisman again, and would torch college defenses just like he did last year. He would freaking torch them TJ, and he would cement his legacy as the greatest college QB of all time.

I recommend you go with "The Cardinals are sticking with Josh Rosen". That's the most reasonable argument for not drafting Murray.

you sir are delusional."greatest college QB of all time".Put the crack pipe down and cut the booze intake.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Just a little less than a year ago "Tyler Murray was " ALL IN ON BASEBALL".Now he is "ALL IN ON FOOTBALL".So what the hell is he all in on besides himself?The main engineer of the Murray hype train "Crimson "homer" warrior just hyperbolizes crazily.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

But just for fun, I'll give you glimpse into an alternate reality that also refutes the "single college season" argument. If Murray stayed at OU for his remaining year of eligibility, he would win the heisman again, and would torch college defenses just like he did last year. He would freaking torch them TJ, and he would cement his legacy as the greatest college QB of all time.

you're backing up your love for Murray and refuting someone else's concerns... with an imaginary season that never will never happen.

And he would "cement his legacy" as the greatest college QB of all time? Cementing implies he's already in the conversation... which is laughable to anyone but bleeding Oklahoma red homers.

I get it...you LOVE Murray, but you're literally making up fantasies to further your argument. That should tell you something about your position and how it's clouded by rose-colored glasses.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Just a little less than a year ago "Tyler Murray was " ALL IN ON BASEBALL".Now he is "ALL IN ON FOOTBALL".So what the hell is he all in on besides himself?The main engineer of the Murray hype train "Crimson "homer" warrior just hyperbolizes crazily.

The main engineer of the Murray hype train "Crimson "homer" warrior just hyperbolizes crazily

Lol.. Awesomeness.. that is a super funny post BW52, and I'll give you credit where credit is due sir.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
... as the perfect fit for Kyler Murray. The more time goes by the more interested I become in wondering what that perfect fit and wide open exciting kind of offense would look like. Would it be so bad if we became the Chiefs of the NFC? And one has to admit, no, that starting anew with our coach, it would only make sense to let him build the team that he wants to design an offense around?

Is there a much larger 'hush-hush' plan that has always been in the minds of our Owner/GM that makes more sense than a Rosen/Kingsbury connection? Something has always been just a bit head scratching about that. Has anyone else besides me had a questioning feeling about it? It just seems the story is incomplete and there has got to be more to it before it's over. If not, are we going to try to bake a cake without all the proper ingredients?

Maybe we're just the Cardinals, and that's it.

*Matt Bowen and Mike Sando, NFL writers

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard