Kyler Murray entering Draft

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
While you're not wrong, the Patriots showed that defense still wins championships and IMO, standing pat and taking Bosa is the way to go. A healthy Bosa is a game changer. He and Jones as bookends will make us one of the most formidable defenses in the league.
Unless something changes with Kyler.....I do agree about Bosa. And would take him at #1. Although I do think Chandler gives us 2 to 3 more years of strong output before his decline begins. Right around the same time we will be making a 20 to 30 million per year decision on Josh Rosen.

With that being said, the Patriots are the outlier. Not the norm.

Belicheck is a top 3 coach all time and probably the #1 defensive mind of all time. But it still took a Cooks drop or Goff being a bit more timely to his progression to change the entire outcome of that game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wont be the first time either of us has been wrong or right. Wont be the last.

But the league is changing..... This cannot be disputed.
You do realize you don’t have to be fast as hell to run the RPO, right? I mean, look at who the winning QB was & system they ran in the SB a year ago.

Rosen actually ran the RPO at UCLA, but you did not know that cause he’s not Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray fast, correct?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Also..... Bosa looks to us right now, like Clowney looked to the Texans in his draft. Mack was the better pick though.

Or

Myles Garrett was a higher graded talent coming out in 2017 than Bosa is now...... But I think all of us would take Mahomes over him.

Eric Fischer over Lane Johnson

Many times the best player was taken after the #1 pick. In fact..... no DPOY went #1 this century IIRC. Maybe one or two got in the top 3 to 5 but not #1.

I think Allen or Oliver could make as big, or even a bigger impact than Bosa.

How in the hell do any of us know anything really?

Imagine a world where we take Kyler at 1 and then Oliver or Allen at #6 and then they become the DPOY.

Think Keim keeps his job in that scenario?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's a quote from the USA today article:

The No. 1 pick should be reserved for players with Hall-of-Fame potential. For special prospects who can carry a franchise for a decade. There is only one quarterback in this class capable of doing that, and that’s Murray.
So the juxtapose from player to QB? And proclaiming Murray a "hall of fame potential" QB is a tad bit, I dunno, stupid at this point? Maybe not stupid but definitely putting the cart before the horse here. Hall of fame players taken at #1 has been a generational thing. The last #1 pick to go to the HOF is Orlando Pace although Payton Manning is a shoe in. So to proclaim Murray a HOF caliber QB is a bit much at this point. It's more likely he turns into another Tim Couch or Sam Bradford as history tells us.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
You do realize you don’t have to be fast as hell to run the RPO, right? I mean, look at who the winning QB was & system they ran in the SB a year ago.

Rosen actually ran the RPO at UCLA, but you did not know that cause he’s not Lamar Jackson or Kyler Murray fast, correct?
Of course.
You do realize that you have to at least be able to threaten the run though..... right?

Rosen runs like Brady. Not Foles. At 21.... he runs like Brady & Manning did in their 40's. Like BARELY better than that.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score
So the juxtapose from player to QB? And proclaiming Murray a "hall of fame potential" QB is a tad bit, I dunno, stupid at this point? Maybe not stupid but definitely putting the cart before the horse here. Hall of fame players taken at #1 has been a generational thing. The last #1 pick to go to the HOF is Orlando Pace although Payton Manning is a shoe in. So to proclaim Murray a HOF caliber QB is a bit much at this point. It's more likely he turns into another Tim Couch or Sam Bradford as history tells us.

What are you doing NJ? We need the keep the hype train going. Of course Kyler is a future first ballot Hall of famer.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
And yet Rosen had a better 40 time than Foles.
Really? hahaha. didn't look at that.

I get the whole Hand off or pass the ball thing. I just wish he could keep it and get us 5 to 7 yards in a pinch if he needed to. Like a Russell Wilson does. I just don't see that as a third option in the RPO.

But damn man...... We all have solid opinons. Who knows what is actually being said in the room with KK & SK.

iLLmatiC

Drive-by Poster
Reaction score

I get the whole Hand off or pass the ball thing. I just wish he could keep it and get us 5 to 7 yards in a pinch if he needed to. Like a Russell Wilson does. I just don't see that as a third option in the RPO.

But damn man...... We all have solid opinons. Who knows what is actually being said in the room with KK & SK.

I get the thought process Indy but we have so many holes on this team we don't have the luxury of picking Kyler with the 1. Keim needs to nail this draft in the worst way, if he doesnt it could be curtains for him. He has to go with the sure pick if we stay at 1.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Bet your boy isn't this good in Indy:

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see Mitch is pushing the Kyler wagon over at ROTB hard as hell.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wont be the first time either of us has been wrong or right. Wont be the last.

But the league is changing..... This cannot be disputed.

Unless it is changing to peewee football pushing for Kyler to replace Josh is... silly. To put it nicely.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sir, how about you wait until after the combine before you make your final judgement on Murray?
How funny. The dude made absolutely ZERO judgment (much less “final”) in the quoted post.

And methinks your mancrush is a bit unbecoming. Or are you running all over the board chastising anyone who is making comments regarding any prospect before the combine? No? Just kyler? Cmon.

The truth is we know he’s fast, quick, with a powerful arm and short. The combine isn’t likely to reveal anything we don’t know. Confirm these items? Yes. But show us something new? Unlikely. So do you really expect the combine to change anyone’s mind? Those that love him will still love him. Those that don’t won’t. And those of us in the middle still won’t make up our minds because the combine will likely only confirm his good and bad traits.

OP
OP
PACardsFan

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would also be extremely worried that KM has an out...I would hate for us to trade Rosen (which I personally think Rosen IS our QBOTF) and then have KM have an equally frustrating season as we had last year and simply decide to chuck deuces and move on back to baseball.

We can ill afford to be set back any farther than we are...we have a potential franchise quality QB and we need to roll with him and attack the other holes in our roster.

It’s not humanly possible to have another season like last year. Sure, our record can still be relatively bad, but we could never be as uncompetitive as we were last year. Let’s be honest, we should have gone 0-16 or 1-15. We were that bad. No doubt, the worst team in Cardinal history. If we really want K2 to perform magic, then he’ll need HIS type of QB. Is Rosen that guy? Maybe. Is Murray his type of QB? I would say absolutely. I believe that Murray would make us one of the most exciting teams next year.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Unless it is changing to peewee football pushing for Kyler to replace Josh is... silly. To put it nicely.
In your opinion. This is a board where thousands have opinions. Mine is different.

Height is an argument for 2005. Not 2019 and beyond IMO.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
How funny. The dude made absolutely ZERO judgment (much less “final”) in the quoted post.

And methinks your mancrush is a bit unbecoming. Or are you running all over the board chastising anyone who is making comments regarding any prospect before the combine? No? Just kyler? Cmon.

The truth is we know he’s fast, quick, with a powerful arm and short. The combine isn’t likely to reveal anything we don’t know. Confirm these items? Yes. But show us something new? Unlikely. So do you really expect the combine to change anyone’s mind? Those that love him will still love him. Those that don’t won’t. And those of us in the middle still won’t make up our minds because the combine will likely only confirm his good and bad traits.
Agreed. For the most part.

Locking in his height.
Hand size.
Throwing velocity.
And overall sparq scoring is very interesting to me.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
In your opinion. This is a board where thousands have opinions. Mine is different.

Height is an argument for 2005. Not 2019 and beyond IMO.

Well, since 2005 there has been exactly one outlier of a QB below 6 ft. : Russell Wilson... So one would wonder how you could logically conclude that height is simply passé?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s not humanly possible to have another season like last year. Sure, our record can still be relatively bad, but we could never be as uncompetitive as we were last year. Let’s be honest, we should have gone 0-16 or 1-15. We were that bad. No doubt, the worst team in Cardinal history. If we really want K2 to perform magic, then he’ll need HIS type of QB. Is Rosen that guy? Maybe. Is Murray his type of QB? I would say absolutely. I believe that Murray would make us one of the most exciting teams next year.

There are no should or could in sport. It's just as easy to argue we could have had 2, 3 more wins.

And there is certainly no absolute arguments to be made about a draftee who is likely not even the first QB off the board.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm less concerned about his height and way more concerned a out his slight build. He doesn't even have Russell Wilson type of frame...and that would scare me, taking all those hits.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson