Kyler Murray entering Draft

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Foles has turned down his Philly option and will be a FA.

Flacco is out there too.

They could be in play for JAGs, Denver, Miami

Giants are committed to Eli for another season, so I'd imagine they stay put a select the highest rated QB on their board.

I don't see a "hot" run on QBs in this draft.
you have to see one of those guys going to jacksonville... perhaps denver as well if they want to add competition... they paid whats his face a lot but he either needs to be pushed or replaced....might be a good place for flacco
miami wont sign one since they are already committed to the tank next season...dont want a guy to accidentally win too many games.
I agree with you on NY... they dont have a history of bringing in vets and a rookie will sell better with the fans... Joe Flacco does not inspire hope in a fanbase like Haskins would...even if haskins really shouldnt.
the interesting thing would be if NY takes a chance and actually drafts that midget kid at QB...murray is his name right?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I legitimately might not watch the team this year if we execute two trade downs in the first round. I'd fly down to Phoenix and picket Cardinals HQ.

My view is that most of the OL prospects are mid-first round guys. The Cardinals also need quality at WR, CB, LB, and another pass rusher.

This isn't a bad draft to have a lot of picks.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Flacco is out there too.

Giants are committed to Eli for another season, so I'd imagine they stay put a select the highest rated QB on their board.

Are any of those guys long term options? Not really.

There is also usually a team that takes a QB that no one is thinking about too. Maybe the Chargers decide to draft their QBotF?

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are any of those guys long term options? Not really.

There is also usually a team that takes a QB that no one is thinking about too. Maybe the Chargers decide to draft their QBotF?

The JAGs and Denver have the parts to be winners now. They are not going to waste the best years of their present roster while tutoring a rookie... IMO.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
My view is that most of the OL prospects are mid-first round guys. The Cardinals also need quality at WR, CB, LB, and another pass rusher.

This isn't a bad draft to have a lot of picks.
I get why you're saying it, but I feel this team needs star power more than anything. This roster has plenty of holes, but we need more than just "guys" if we're going to progress forward in this division over the next few years.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Flacco is out there too.

All you need is one jittery GM who's desperate...

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All you need is one jittery GM who's desperate...
All you need is to see the reality.

Foles is a 50/50 chance of being good, Flacco never was worth the contract and is maybe done and Bridgewater maybe a stop gap maybe more, who knows.

And hell there are many teams that need a young QB.

Jaguars, Giants, Denver, Redskins, maybe Buccaneers, than there are teams that should look at it like the Bengals, Titans, Dolphins. And from the injury side there are 49ers and Panthers that need maybe someone maybe not.

And than there are the vets that are so old that theire team needs a QBotF like Patriots, Steelers, Chargers, Saints.

That makes 14 spots. And only 3-4 go away by FA.

With good combines and some luck, the Cardinals could find a buyer.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Pretty sure if you take the same stance you’re taking in height (how many short QBs succeed in the nfl) when looking at sub-60% completion percentage in college QBs you’ll come away with similar lack of success. So why consider them differently if the basis for your argument is current fact not translating at the next level?

There is a chance accuracy can be improved thru coaching.Do you know any coaching that can make a QB taller?

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim trades down twice in the 1st round & I’ll give him the most ferocious Rock Bottom to hell ever.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For gods sake don’t trade down. If we are going to trade any pick look st the first pick on day two. We will get many many offers for that pick. OR we trade that pick to move up for a guy that we really want late in the first.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
For gods sake don’t trade down. If we are going to trade any pick look st the first pick on day two. We will get many many offers for that pick. OR we trade that pick to move up for a guy that we really want late in the first.
2 months out and basing most of my opinions on hear-say...

The impression I get is that (unlike drafts characterized by 1, 2 or 3 franchise players at the top of the first 32 picks, there's a "plateau" of a half-dozen similarly rated players who are very good (but not great). This would suggest that it's a good year for trading down.

But I could be wrong - one or more GM's could rate the top of the draft differently than I do...or things could change between now and Draft day.

Good point regarding the hyped demand for our #33 pick. The issue there (or anywhere in the draft) is: How much does the incentive to trade up increase the value of the pick in question. If we like the terms of the proposed deal, we do it. If we don't, we stand pat.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 months out and basing most of my opinions on hear-say...

The impression I get is that (unlike drafts characterized by 1, 2 or 3 franchise players at the top of the first 32 picks, there's a "plateau" of a half-dozen similarly rated players who are very good (but not great). This would suggest that it's a good year for trading down.

But I could be wrong - one or more GM's could rate the top of the draft differently than I do...or things could change between now and Draft day.

Good point regarding the hyped demand for our #33 pick. The issue there (or anywhere in the draft) is: How much does the incentive to trade up increase the value of the pick in question. If we like the terms of the proposed deal, we do it. If we don't, we stand pat.
Teams will have a whole night and day to salivate over the player that slipped out of the first round. I also think if there is a player sitting there at 25 or 26 that we covet we could use 33 to move up.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I think everyone knows Murray is athletic and should have a good workout. I am sure teams are probably more concerned about his actual height, the size of his hands and how well he interviews.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He has officially chosen to go for football.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
As well he should!!! I’ve watched this kid since Allen High & he’s got some magic in him. He’s the best HS QB in Texas football history & that’s saying something.

While it’s a small concern imo, people writing this kid off because he’s right at 5’9” are doing themselves an injustice, the kid is phenomenal imo.

If he’s in the right system he’s going to be a difference maker as an NFL.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So Murray decides to play football.BFD.Just hope the Cards aren`t the team fooling around with him.Let someone else screw up and draft him.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
So Murray decides to play football.BFD.Just hope the Cards aren`t the team fooling around with him.Let someone else screw up and draft him.
If it’s his skill set, I think your way off base. He’s built for the Air Raid & a fast pace, spread em out offense like OU’s. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Big Red has him high on their radar because of Rosen, but crazier things have happened. I still question if Rosen can be a great QB (or fits) in Kliffs offensive system.

If it’s his 5’9” size I understand the concern. But...the game is changing & so is its personnel. That miget & candy arm Baker the Touchdown Maker wasn’t good enough either lol

cardcrazy

Registered
Reaction score
This Murray kid is the real deal and has ties to KK. Word is they stay in touch.
The writings on the wall too, KK recruited him out of high school and stated late last year that he would draft #1 overall if given the chance. It’s even possible that Murrays been talking to Kingsbury all along and has helped him make up his mind. I just wonder if KK has free reign to make this decision or does Keim/Bidwill want to keep Rosen? Question is do they have the balls?
I say do it! ...Take a chance and shock the league! We definitely have nothing to lose cuz I’ve seen enough of Rosen to know he’s nothing special and is a work in progress.

DRM08

Veteran
Reaction score
If it’s his skill set, I think your way off base. He’s built for the Air Raid & a fast pace, spread em out offense like OU’s. I don’t think there’s a chance in hell Big Red has him high on their radar because of Rosen, but crazier things have happened. I still question if Rosen can be a great QB (or fits) in Kliffs offensive system.

If it’s his 5’9” size I understand the concern. But...the game is changing & so is its personnel. That miget & candy arm Baker the Touchdown Maker wasn’t good enough either lol

Baker is about 4 inches (maybe 5 inches) taller than Kyler. Plus it seems like Kyler relies a lot on his legs to run downfield, whereas Baker would use his legs mostly to extend plays for a throw downfield. Kyler is incredibly fast and I have never seen anyone get a good hit on him, but the NFL is a different level of speed/strength.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

Lol at that last line.. good one sir.