Kyler Murray does not care about Kingsbury's job

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
There is not 1 person on this entire website standing on a chair banging their chest for Kliff. Zero.
There are people like me who say Kliff's offense would work if he had a QB who could execute it, but Murray isn't, so Kliff probably has to go.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
BS lots of posters saying Kyler is why KKs offense isn’t successful which is pure garbage! If anything K1 and Hopkins are the only reason KK still has a job and got an extension… His wildly successful career before he was here sure the hell isn’t!
Take not supported by actual tape.

You can find dozens and dozens of instances of Murray missing wide open big plays.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

You can find dozens and dozens of instances of Murray missing wide open big plays.
Yep and you could do that for every QB in the league, hindsight is easy after plays are over, under live fire every QB misses guys breaking open this is not some rare occurrence.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know how anyone is really defending either Kyler or Kliff right now. It’s a chicken or the egghead argument for me at this point.
This. Nobody is trult happy with either one. Yet, these discussions keep spinning in circles with no rational conclusion in sight.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Same with every qb in the league, there simply isn’t enough time to scan the field. This heel turn is real funny.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
Very easy to be all smiles when they have faced no adversity or losses! We’ll see how it goes once he has a few terrible games happens to the best of them. Sports very fickle when stuff goes bad it can go bad in a hurry.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Very easy to be all smiles when they have faced no adversity or losses! We’ll see how it goes once he has a few terrible games happens to the best of them. Sports very fickle when stuff goes bad it can go bad in a hurry.

They snuck into the playoffs last year after starting 3-6 and got handled first round. Hurts (and Eagles even) had as much or more criticism as any other QB right now going in the past two seasons.

To say haven't handled adversity isn't quite fair. They have earned it thus far.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I have NO problem criticizing Kyler Murray when he plays bad (regardless of my screen name). I was a huge Kurt Warner fan and had no problem criticizing him when he played bad. But, if You're a big believer in Steve Keim then we disagree.
Oh, I loathe Keim. I was just poking a bit of fun.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Same with every qb in the league, there simply isn’t enough time to scan the field. This heel turn is real funny.
Oh, so we should then ignore Kyler's awful play because all QBs miss open plays sometimes?

I'm sure Josh Allen misses some open plays. He is more than forgiven because he continuously makes big plays, plays well game in, game out, and has done very well this season. KM...not so much.

When you're playing poorly, you will (rightly) be criticized for missing big plays.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep and you could do that for every QB in the league, hindsight is easy after plays are over, under live fire every QB misses guys breaking open this is not some rare occurrence.

You couldn't do it for every QB in the league. Not to the extent you can with Kyler.

Every QB misses some. Kyler is missing most.

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Kyler is an exciting player but part of that is because I’ve learned not to have expectations.

I’d be curious to see Kliff with a more reliable QB but I wouldn’t bet on the results.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He has one losing season in 3 and that was with a rookie QB and poor roster. Not many Cards HCs we can say that about.

Lets at least give him the season.
It’s been statistically proven.. over 80% of the teams that select a QB number 1 overall make the playoffs within 3 years. This isn’t Kliffys doing.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
i think criticizing Kliff for the strategic elements of being a head coach is valid: game mgmt, the standards he sets for the team, the timing and use of certain plays, etc.

but also recognize that his offensive scheme is getting people open regularly and Kyler is missing reads and throws --

lets face it: when they were 7-0 there were lots of penalties, burning TOs because the play clock was running down, etc -- but it didn't matter because the offense was super efficient and covering all that stuff up.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler is an exciting player but part of that is because I’ve learned not to have expectations.

I’d be curious to see Kliff with a more reliable QB but I wouldn’t bet on the results.
And I’d love to see Kyler with a more reliable creative playcaller - McVay, Shanny, Reid, Soriani (Philly guy), Staley, Dolphins coach, Daboll, heck anyone else in the league frankly

Western Font

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
And I’d love to see Kyler with a more reliable creative playcaller - McVay, Shanny, Reid, Soriani (Philly guy), Staley, Dolphins coach, Daboll, heck anyone else in the league frankly
Me too. In case my post came off as Kliff > Kyler, I actually meant it to be more of a shrug about both.

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Everyone knew coming in Kliff was on the hot seat. If that's the case and you're trying to save your coach's job, you don't publicly berate them during a timeout on a nationally televised game

Hopkins even tried to cool Murray out. Hopkins hasn't played all year though, Kyler basically looked at Hopkins and said "you don't even know"

It's clear Kyler Murray is tired of losing. And it's also clear he's tired of Kliff Kingsbury

Attachments

• mountain.jpg
    mountain.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 4

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You couldn't do it for every QB in the league. Not to the extent you can with Kyler.

Every QB misses some. Kyler is missing most.
Yeah not sure you can make this statement unless you’ve watched every single play of the season from a birdseye view. This is hyperbole at its internet worst.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah not sure you can make this statement unless you’ve watched every single play of the season from a birdseye view. This is hyperbole at its internet worst.
Yeah, way over the top.

Kyler is 18th in completion % at 65.5 (was mildly surprised to see Mahomes at 16, 65.9%) and we are 9th in sacks allowed with 16. I am using these two stats to make a small point because they would often be due to missing open guys.

Obviously, those are not what you want. Not winning numbers. But this "he is worst" takes aren't true.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave