Kyler is a fraud.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler has gotten by on sheer athleticism against inferior talent. In high school and college he would face teams that had 2 or 3 great players. In the NFL the worst player on the field is probably 3 times better than he use to play against.

So here’s the problem. He still believes he can do the same things here as he did in college. He still believes he can complete every pass regardless if it’s a 2% chance of completion. He can’t.Nobody can.

Until he learns an 8 yard completion is better than an almost spectacular attempted incompletion we will get exactly what we are getting from him.

Until he can find the open second read Wr We will see mediocrity in crunch time.

Until Kingsbury himself understand this and demands this from Murray we will fail. Until Kingsbury understands match ups I.e. empty backfield and plays that call for our o-line to hold for 5-6 seconds we will see 10 yard loss sacks. Especially against a team that is beating your o-linemen like a drum.

This is a two prong problem.

yagetonemoreyear

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I gave you that list to show you where Murray ranked as a passer this year. 8th in NFL, ahead of guys like Josh Allen, Mahomes and Herbert, and probably playing against better defenses overall than guys like Prescott and Burrow.

But you're typing like K1 completed less than 50% of his passes this year. If you don't believe that Dhop made a significant difference fine, we'll just agree to disagree.
Depending on your stats you use, he is far from 8th...

Take the raw data and figure the numbers for the first 9 games, then do it for the last 8 games.
I guarantee he doesn't even get as high as 15-18 in the last 8, probably in the mid-late 20s.
Any good overall position he has is just a stellar start cushioning a horrible end.
Other teams have figured him out, he got hurt and is now totally gun-shy and he
appears to have given up.

And this guy is going to lead the Cardinals to victory ?
This team is at least 5 years from success.
They first have to dump Keim and Kingsbury (which won't happen until they fail, and they will, next year.)
Then they need to get rid of Murray (which won't happen until he fails, and he will, next year.)
Then they have 4 years to find a GM and decent coach.
And those guys will have to find a QB.

It will actually take much longer because I predict we will be picking 1st in the draft BEFORE the 5 years are up.
And if they pick the wrong QB, repeat above for the next 5 years after that.

Raiders looking more lovely all the time.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Take the raw data and figure the numbers for the first 9 games, then do it for the last 8 games.
I guarantee he doesn't even get as high as 15-18 in the last 8, probably in the mid-late 20s.
Any good overall position he has is just a stellar start cushioning a horrible end.

They first have to dump Keim and Kingsbury (which won't happen until they fail, and they will, next year.)
Then they need to get rid of Murray (which won't happen until he fails, and he will, next year.)

It will actually take much longer because I predict we will be picking 1st in the draft BEFORE the 5 years are up.

Wow, Stout compare to you is the president of the kool-aider

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Industrial dark side

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Keim:

"and one more thing. Don't drop or shake your head in disappointment. It pisses off the mindreaders out there."
Have you never been in a room with someone who is supposed to be a "leader" and looked at their body language or facial expressions, only to see someone who looks either defeated or like they think everyone around them is incompetent? It's deflating.

For all of the lack of success Matthew Stafford has had in the playoffs and with people around him, you can see him putting his body on the line, rarely pouting, always strapping up his helmet and getting back out there. The same goes for most of the other successful QBs in the league.

Pretending like body language doesn't matter to a roster of 53+ people is... odd.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have you never been in a room with someone who is supposed to be a "leader" and looked at their body language or facial expressions, only to see someone who looks either defeated or like they think everyone around them is incompetent? It's deflating.

For all of the lack of success Matthew Stafford has had in the playoffs and with people around him, you can see him putting his body on the line, rarely pouting, always strapping up his helmet and getting back out there. The same goes for most of the other successful QBs in the league.

Pretending like body language doesn't matter to a roster of 53+ people is... odd.

I don't 'pretend' to know how the team reacts to KM, and like you have spent not a nanosecond in the Cards dressing 'room'. As a lurker on this board, I recall a Walter Mitchell who had mastered body language and mindreading, are you taking up the mantel?

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don't 'pretend' to know how the team reacts to KM, and like you have spent not a nanosecond in the Cards dressing 'room'. As a lurker on this board, I recall a Walter Mitchell who had mastered body language and mindreading, are you taking up the mantel?
Mitch would make up fanciful scenarios and present them as fact. We're simply making inferences from stuff we can plainly see... like a QB who didn't even bother to get up and go check on a teammate that both benches had cleared for. Or the sad sack shuffle we saw the majority of the end of the season.

But, I forgot. You're the guy who thinks we can't have the slightest negative opinion unless we're on the team itself.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I do think this is a bit overblown. Watch the mic'ed up video of Murray and what he says looks very different than his demeanor.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Mitch would make up fanciful scenarios and present them as fact. We're simply making inferences from stuff we can plainly see... like a QB who didn't even bother to get up and go check on a teammate that both benches had cleared for. Or the sad sack shuffle we saw the majority of the end of the season.

But, I forgot. You're the guy who thinks we can't have the slightest negative opinion unless we're on the team itself.
But that's just it...you are making inferences.

Nonverbal isn't the only form of communication. And the way TV works they zoom in on Murray...the team isn't standing around watching Murray like we are.

I think it's a thing, but not on the level the chicken littles on this board make it out to be. We aren't hearing from anonymous players that they don't believe in Murray or none of that.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Opinions are like (fill in the blank) everyone has one, but I prefer informed ones.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
OK, there’s no denying this version of Murray can’t win. The question is can he be salvaged? Clearly not by Kingsbury. It starts with assessing where Murray’s head is. If he believes he’s a star, then cut the losses and trade him. If he thinks he needs to change, I believe his innate running ability, his arm strength and his overall athleticism are rare. I don’t quit if there’s a path to success. You can’t win without a QB, so you don’t give up easily.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I’m bad at negotiating, but I was wondering what would happen if Keim got on the phone with Kyler’s agent to check his temp on an extension and he said, “Actually we’re not open to an extension right now”?

yagetonemoreyear

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

absolutely correct.
in skydiving EVERYONE is, or more accurately, becomes, an Alpha (even if they don't start as one, i have watched the transition in others, and of course never noticed mine... i guaran-dam-tee i was not an alpha when i started)
But, you have alphas letting others lead (like rabble rousers on a football team, they know when to let someone go off)

and when you have someone who screwed the pooch for EVERYBODY, they either fess up or they get ignored as time goes by, because.. EVERY ONE SAW YOU DO IT .
On a world record attempt at 64 people connected in the sky (this is old, 1981, the current record is 400 .. yes 400) we completed on the 4th try. NOBODY was thrown off due to the three earlier failures... after the 3rd attempt, this one guy, one of the most famous and accomplished guys around took HIMSELF off the load... it would be like Kupp benching himself for the Rams... same idea.. and you NEVER pout or look bitchy after things YOU had a part in didn't go right ... or you would be moving drop zones the next day

My point in ALL this is, I never saw Kyler actually say, and look like he meant it, that he just didn't have it. Just him. ... I have seen hundreds of mea culpas from people in skydiving that wrecked a dive (and yes, sometimes it was MY mea culpa) but I have NEVER seen Kyler admit he wasn't prepared and should have worked harder BEFORE the game... not once...

another point here is (and I have in the past walked around a drop zone and apologized to EVERY single person that had landed from a load I screwed up) Kyler, while sounding like he is taking it, he isn't, not really, he is just including himself in the totality... a larger QB might survive that if he owned up and owned his foibles.

I have loathed and despised QBs (Brady and Elway in particular) that ALWAYS (at least early in their career and we know how first impressions linger) bitched to refs, pointed fingers at their own guys and yelled and hollered at them, even when replay clearly showed THEY, the QBs, were at fault. Why I HATE Brady and Elway and love, for instance, Kurt Warner.

And the last fiasco, I saw Kyler pointing and yelling.. don't care Kyler, that is NOT how you lead ... and in skydiving, the next load, you would have NOBODY there, they would just vote with their feet and jump with someone else.

Grow up, Kyler and watch some film, study, you may find it enjoyable since you seem to have never wasted time on that before.

The6

All Star
Reaction score
I’m bad at negotiating, but I was wondering what would happen if Keim got on the phone with Kyler’s agent to check his temp on an extension and he said, “Actually we’re not open to an extension right now”?

See ya

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kyler Murray's numbers have improved every year. His final impression on this season will be at the Pro Bowl where he'll view himself as on a par with Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady. He has succeeded in the NFL on innate ability.

I'd say he is already beyond the point where you can mold him.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
If he is unwilling or unable to do the film study and the practice time to improve then yes He would have to considered a failure not a fraud because the physical ability is definitely there

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose