Kyler is a fraud.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a game that was already decided with a teammate who could be down paralyzed on the field? Come on…
I hear ya, but it was clear from nearly the very beginning that he was moving his extremities.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. Please tell us where on the following list are the QBs that you're referring to specifically:

Huh? You want me to go through rosters year by year to show you where they have lost players, replaced players and managed to still spread the ball around and put-up good numbers? You can't be serious with this. You live in another world if you think HOF QB's are dependent on ONE GUY. It's a B.S. excuse.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Yeah I think your 90% is wishful thinking. And no good QB should become a shell of himself merely by losing his top weapon. And it’s interesting how the narrative around here changed from “AJ is a still a terrific #2” and “800 yards is great for a #2” to now “he stinks” and “he’s the reason why kyler is failing.” If I was one of those posters that likes to attack other posters I’d be creating a thread calling people out to eat crow about a bunch things about which they were attacking posters earlier in the season. But I’m not, because I didn’t like it then and I wouldn’t do it now.

A shell of himself? Was the CHI game where he posted a 136.9 passer rating without DHop not up to his previous standards?

Look, I'm not saying he was good enough in the 1-5 stretch. I'm saying he bears some of the blame. But it's not all K1's fault, and he's not a lost cause by any stretch of the imagination. Can we agree on the this last part please?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Huh? You want me to go through rosters year by year to show you where they have lost players, replaced players and managed to still spread the ball around and put-up good numbers? You can't be serious with this. You live in another world if you think HOF QB's are dependent on ONE GUY. It's a B.S. excuse.

I gave you that list to show you where Murray ranked as a passer this year. 8th in NFL, ahead of guys like Josh Allen, Mahomes and Herbert, and probably playing against better defenses overall than guys like Prescott and Burrow.

But you're typing like K1 completed less than 50% of his passes this year. If you don't believe that Dhop made a significant difference fine, we'll just agree to disagree.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gave you that list to show you where Murray ranked as a passer this year. 8th in NFL, ahead of guys like Josh Allen, Mahomes and Herbert, and probably playing against better defenses overall than guys like Prescott and Burrow.

But you're typing like K1 completed less than 50% of his passes this year. If you don't believe that Dhop made a significant difference fine, we'll just agree to disagree.
No I am not. I am typing like Kyler failed to deliver down the stretch two seasons running. I am typing like he isn't playing up to his potential. I am typing like he couldn't have laid a bigger egg in the playoffs. I am typing like he is a 3rd year QB who still hasn't proved anything other than on occasional big play and a team that still hasn't really accomplished anything in his 3 years here. You want to argue he should get one more year I won't begrudge you that. I think he is falling in line with other QB's who could run and give you a great play but never really got anywhere in this league. The shoe looks like it fits. Saying Dhop or the coaches is to blame for Kyler's play is an excuse. Not saying they are not factor but plenty of the blame is on Kyler.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
No I am not. I am typing like Kyler failed to deliver down the stretch two seasons running. I am typing like he isn't playing up to his potential. I am typing like he couldn't have laid a bigger egg in the playoffs. I am typing like he is a 3rd year QB who still hasn't proved anything other than on occasional big play and a team that still hasn't really accomplished anything in his 3 years here. You want to argue he should get one more year I won't begrudge you that. I think he is falling in line with other QB's who could run and give you a great play but never really got anywhere in this league. The shoe looks like it fits. Saying Dhop or the coaches is to blame for Kyler's play is an excuse. Not saying they are not factor but plenty of the blame is on Kyler.

Fine. I only wanted to show you some evidence that maybe he's not as bad as you think he is, and that might cheer you up a little. Brighten your perspective. But if you're sure he's irredeemable, fine. I'm tired of debating it. Murray's play on the field next season will have to speak for itself.

Last edited:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fine. I only wanted to show you some evidence that maybe he's not as bad as you think he is, and that might cheer you up a little. Brighten you perspective. But if you're sure he's irredeemable, fine. I'm tired of debating it. Murray's play on the field next season will have to speak for itself.
I only care about results on the field. That's it. The goal is playoff wins and a Superbowl. I have been patient for 3 years. Never been a Kyler basher. I am only calling it like I see it in year 3 and what he did in this playoffs. Like I said, people want to give him another year that's understandable. I am OK with moving on from him now but if we give him another year I won't jump off a cliff. I just won't be surprised if we are having the same conversation next year. I hope I am really wrong and he takes off next year because I loved the pick when the Cards selected him.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I hear ya, but it was clear from nearly the very beginning that he was moving his extremities.
Irrelevant. They are the team leaders as QBs (Kyler more so as starter) and should really be the first ones standing there not the only ones sitting as far away as possible. That was one of those moments that even in a butt whipping could have actually built on something heading into the next season.

I understand you generally agree with what’s an saying but I have simply become weary of even the slightest attempt to deflect blame/criticism of Kyler

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
Yes. Yes, that is EXACTLY what you do. You don't just let the QB say "Eff you, I'm doing what I want." And if benching him hurts KM's poor wittle ego, then he's not the guy anyway. I surely hope Wolf is wrong on that one. But then, if he is, that means KK isn't trying to put him under center more, which is worrisome all on its own.
I could tell early on in that game it wasnt Murrays night and that Kliff should have put in Colt as a steady hand going into the second half. In a one and done playoff game you cant be worried about someone's feelings when your season is on the line.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A shell of himself? Was the CHI game where he posted a 136.9 passer rating without DHop not up to his previous standards?

Look, I'm not saying he was good enough in the 1-5 stretch. I'm saying he bears some of the blame. But it's not all K1's fault, and he's not a lost cause by any stretch of the imagination. Can we agree on the this last part please?
He threw a whopping 15 passes in the Chicago game for 137 yards and 2 TDs.

And what about his passer rating in the next game, with Hop healthy until the last play where Kyler played one of his worst games of the season against the Rams?

And where is this #8 passer thing coming from? He was 12th in passing TDs and 14th in passing yards. One stat where he was #8 doesn’t tell the full story. Just like throwing out a passer rating for the bears game where he barely threw the ball.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Irrelevant. They are the team leaders as QBs (Kyler more so as starter) and should really be the first ones standing there not the only ones sitting as far away as possible. That was one of those moments that even in a butt whipping could have actually built on something heading into the next season.

I understand you generally agree with what’s an saying but I have simply become weary of even the slightest attempt to deflect blame/criticism of Kyler
It is only relevant because he said that this was a concern. It wasn't.

Should Kyler have gone over, of course. Was he paralyzed, he wasn't. That is the only thing I was pointing out.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It's common knowledge that his throwing shoulder was injured during the last part of the 2020 season. I'm sure you know that as well as I do counselor.

Can I maybe save us some bandwidth and stipulate that K1 needs to be better under adversity, and in high-pressure situations? He's only 23. He can still grow as a person. As a leader.
So stipulated.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

An obvious outlier is the worst argument you can make in support of kylers back end of the season.

And I’ve pretty clearly stated I don’t think there’s a single culprit for our decline. It took a village to burn the village down here. But neither am I going to defend anyone who contributed this mess.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It is only relevant because he said that this was a concern. It wasn't.

Should Kyler have gone over, of course. Was he paralyzed, he wasn't. That is the only thing I was pointing out.
I’m not being argumentative here, but I’ve only seen a still posted. Do we know the QBs didn’t go over and check on Budda at some point before or after that still?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Kyler but he sure did choke in a miserable fashion in that playoff game. when hop was on the field, he was MVP caliber. Since hop left, he was below average.

The first half of the season Kyler I would never get rid of.

I do think he needs a coach who will actually come down on him. He loafs in training camp and has very egotistical body language during games. It needs to change.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like Kyler but he sure did choke in a miserable fashion in that playoff game. when hop was on the field, he was MVP caliber. Since hop left, he was below average.

The first half of the season Kyler I would never get rid of.

I do think he needs a coach who will actually come down on him. He loafs in training camp and has very egotistical body language during games. It needs to change.

Keim: "And here's something else we want you to do this offseason. Kyler, you have to change how you walk. You may think it shows confidence but there are fans who think it looks egotistical."

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m not being argumentative here, but I’ve only seen a still posted. Do we know the QBs didn’t go over and check on Budda at some point before or after that still?
I don't know. Like you said earlier, it definitely changes things that it was both Kyler and McCoy. My guess is that they were trying to keep them in the game mentally. I would love some sort of confirmation...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim: "And here's something else we want you to do this offseason. Kyler, you have to change how you walk. You may think it shows confidence but there are fans who think it looks egotistical."
If you think it's how he walks, you aren't watching. Every time something goes wrong, he clearly thinks others are holding him back. It's painfully obvious.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keim:

"and one more thing. Don't drop or shake your head in disappointment. It pisses off the mindreaders out there."
If keim is doing it, that's a problem too.

I know it's hard to tell from Quebec but I went to actual training camps with past qbs and the current qb. This dudes ego is holding him back.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
An obvious outlier is the worst argument you can make in support of kylers back end of the season.

And I’ve pretty clearly stated I don’t think there’s a single culprit for our decline. It took a village to burn the village down here. But neither am I going to defend anyone who contributed this mess.
I agree in a sense, but Kyler is the guy and I see so many missed opportunities.

Even on the pick six, Rondale was open. It might not be a first, but it's not points for the other team. Watch any film study on Kyler on YouTube and you'll see many examples of Kyler missing fairly easy reads, or at least easy reads for a good NFL QB.

If Murray plays better, the late season swoon is probably still there to an extent, but the Cardinals likely win at least one more game. And one win was the difference in the NFC West crown.

@Chopper0080 did say something about Murray predraft that has at least been proven to be most likely true: he is a guy who has gotten by with raw talent and doesn't know what it looks like to work at his craft and hasn't really faced adversity.

We are seeing this. He doesn't handle tough moments well at all and hopefully he learns from this and sees that he can't just do the minimum and be the best player on the field.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
@Ouchie-Z-Clown, It is entirely possible they did go over. I would argue that while the whole team is there, regardless of Budda moving some, they should have been there with their teammates until he was wheeled off the field.

I think in the still shot there isn’t even a single coach that isn’t over there except coach green hat?

Metcalf Rules

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If a player refuses to go under center that’s a coaching issue. How many nfl players refuse to do an assignment? I’m going to guess it’s rare. And even more rare for the most successful at their position. Coach bro is just likely too bro.
KK comes off to me as wanting to be their peer and not necessarily the head coach, let alone a leader. I wish he was more like Mike Vrabel.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I agree in a sense, but Kyler is the guy and I see so many missed opportunities.

Even on the pick six, Rondale was open. It might not be a first, but it's not points for the other team. Watch any film study on Kyler on YouTube and you'll see many examples of Kyler missing fairly easy reads, or at least easy reads for a good NFL QB.

If Murray plays better, the late season swoon is probably still there to an extent, but the Cardinals likely win at least one more game. And one win was the difference in the NFC West crown.

@Chopper0080 did say something about Murray predraft that has at least been proven to be most likely true: he is a guy who has gotten by with raw talent and doesn't know what it looks like to work at his craft and hasn't really faced adversity.

We are seeing this. He doesn't handle tough moments well at all and hopefully he learns from this and sees that he can't just do the minimum and be the best player on the field.
Smart guy. lol