Kurt Warner shouldn't see the field again.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nope. Sorry Chris. Leinart was 3 for 6 and should have been 5 for 6, if not for dropped balls, but we can tell that he won't make it. Meanwhile, Kurt crapped the bed for four pre-season games and the first regular season game, with high, sailing passes (your concern about Leinart, right 82?) but we all knew that he would be fine. How dare anyone question whether Warner was going to do well!!

Man... are we back to actually comparing Leinart to Warner?? Wow... :bang:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Man... are we back to actually comparing Leinart to Warner?? Wow... :bang:
Nope. You took the post completely out of context. I was referring to why Leinart did OK in the game but *gasp* had some of the same things happen to him that happened to Kurt last week. But somehow it doesn't apply.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nope. You took the post completely out of context. I was referring to why Leinart did OK in the game but *gasp* had some of the same things happen to him that happened to Kurt last week. But somehow it doesn't apply.

Ya know... when Leinart merely proves he can play in the NFL, let alone becomes a 2-time MVP and Super Bowl MVP, then yea - maybe the things that happen to him might apply to Warner... Until then, using Kurt and Matt in the same sentance is non-sensical as, well... I dunno... trying to make a case that a heat index with higher humidity levels doesn't feel worse than a heat index with lower humidity levels. :p

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Look on the bright side It's not as bad as the other forum there's actually Warner only lovers over there blaming the San Francisco loss on the defense.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ya know... when Leinart merely proves he can play in the NFL, let alone becomes a 2-time MVP and Super Bowl MVP, then yea - maybe the things that happen to him might apply to Warner... Until then, using Kurt and Matt in the same sentance is non-sensical as, well... I dunno... trying to make a case that a heat index with higher humidity levels doesn't feel worse than a heat index with lower humidity levels. :p

So you are saying that poor play can be excused simply because someone was an MVP? But that the same type play by someone who hasn't cannot be excused ? I don't agree with that at all.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
So you are saying that poor play can be excused simply because someone was an MVP? But that the same type play by someone who hasn't cannot be excused ? I don't agree with that at all.

My quick response to your question is - Yup... However, my point that earthsci seems to have latched onto - I think - was that Matt was throwing balls high, again. That I believe this is a consistent flaw with Matt.
Yes, Kurt had a bad game in week 1. However, the way I look at it is that Kurt has shown, time and again, what he is capable of doing - including doing something no other NFL QB has EVER done in the history of the game yesterday... Whereas the only thing Matt has shown is that he can play pretty well in preseason games, and he can hold a clipboard pretty decently too...
Kurt has earned the benefit of the doubt, whereas Matt has only earned the right to be doubted...

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
... trying to make a case that a heat index with higher humidity levels doesn't feel worse than a heat index with lower humidity levels. :p
I give you facts and you give me "nope, you're wrong, I'm right."

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My quick response to your question is - Yup... However, my point that earthsci seems to have latched onto - I think - was that Matt was throwing balls high, again. That I believe this is a consistent flaw with Matt.
Not even close. It had to do with people complaining that Leinart almost blew the game. Chris posted that the coaches were happy with Leinart and I posted sarcastically that Leinart wasn't allowed dropped balls by receivers as an excuse
Whereas the only thing Matt has shown is that he can play pretty well in preseason games, and he can hold a clipboard pretty decently too...
Who has the NFL record for most passing yards in a game as a rookie?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Not even close. It had to do with people complaining that Leinart almost blew the game. Chris posted that the coaches were happy with Leinart and I posted sarcastically that Leinart wasn't allowed dropped balls by receivers as an excuse

Got it...

Who has the NFL record for most passing yards in a game as a rookie?

Hey - he looked great in that game. Not sure that equates to being mentioned in the same breath as Kurt, but I sure hope that when the day comes for Matty to take the reigns, his record-setting performance was not a one-hit wonder...

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
For the last time, it is NOT a slam on Warner to say you think Leinart looked solid yesterday. It is NOT a slam on Leinart to say Warner should keep starting.

:notworthy

That's pretty much how I feel about it as well.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I am quite pleased indeed that Kurt came out and vindicated himself with that stellar, super-human performance. THAT brought my confidence in him back. Not having seen really any of the 'good' Kurt up until now, I was extremely worried. Now? Nah, not worried about him at all ;)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes, Kurt had a bad game in week 1. However, the way I look at it is that Kurt has shown, time and again, what he is capable of doing - including doing something no other NFL QB has EVER done in the history of the game yesterday... Whereas the only thing Matt has shown is that he can play pretty well in preseason games, and he can hold a clipboard pretty decently too... Kurt has earned the benefit of the doubt, whereas Matt has only earned the right to be doubted...

I guess you missed the Monday Night Game vs Chicago in Matt's rookie season. After the Cards blew a 23-3 lead to trail 24-23 Matt drove the team, against arguably the best defense in the NFL that year, into postion to win the game. Matt was 5 of 6 passing on that drive. Sadly Rackers missed the FG and everything went downhill from there.

So Matt has shown me he can play in the NFL on a big stage against top caliber players.

I see your point though. The odds of getting back on track do favor the guy with the MVP past unless age is becoming a factor.

After all Joe Montana has 3 SuperBowl MVP awards but we wouldn't want him starting at QB next Sunday. :D

Right now however I'm up with whatever Whisenhunt does. Any coach who can turn Alan Branch into a real NFL football player has my support 110%.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nothing against Stout, but could someone keep a list of really "stupid" threads started by various posters. Sort of a Wall of Shame. That way we could see if anyone is a serial "wrong" poster. Just the poster's name, and date and title of the thread. I'll nominate Stout for this thread. Does anyone second it??

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nothing against Stout, but could someone keep a list of really "stupid" threads started by various posters. Sort of a Wall of Shame. That way we could see if anyone is a serial "wrong" poster. Just the poster's name, and date and title of the thread. I'll nominate Stout for this thread. Does anyone second it??

Tough call. Stout should not be allowed to post for 24 hrs after a loss. ;)

I know that some posters release all their toxins from a loss on the board. The board acts like a liver to remove the poison. Without that process Stout would die. No one gets left behind, If you go we go, all for one and one for all.

Having said that I will 2nd the nomination.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would rather not lock this thread but I am moving close to it. Bumping up vent threads after a loss isn't cool.

Then piling on the poster who vented is less cool.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I will. But, frankly, Stout hyperventilating after a loss is hardly new. To his credit, however, he always has the decency of eating his crow with a smile when the time comes. :D

Cards232

Registered
Reaction score
I would rather not lock this thread but I am moving close to it. Bumping up vent threads after a loss isn't cool.

Then piling on the poster who vented is less cool.

I understand what you're saying, but out of curiosity, is it cool to dump on Cards players & fellow posters here as he has done? And after one game?This isn't a one time occurance. I think that is part of what fueled this thread.

To Stout's credit, he manned up & ate the pie unlike others who have remained in the shadows, only to undoubtedly return on the subject after the next less than stellar performance.

It gets a little frustrating on an otherwise great board. It does add (gulp) variety though, so I guess I'm torn.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Why wouldn't it be okay to express opinions on players, even if they're negative?

Agreed. The bar has been raised in Arizona and sloppy play is no longer tolerated. We expect this team to be one of the best in the NFL not an 8-8 also ran.

As Ken Whisenhunt said "I was mad at them [offensive line] maybe I should stay mad at them." If our guys play poorly we should get mad at them as well.

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Agreed. The bar has been raised in Arizona and sloppy play is no longer tolerated. We expect this team to be one of the best in the NFL not an 8-8 also ran.

As Ken Whisenhunt said "I was mad at them [offensive line] maybe I should stay mad at them." If our guys play poorly we should get mad at them as well.

Absolutely, it's our money and time going in to support these guys so if they suck I'm going to say so. Warner week 1 sucked ass, week 2 was much better but what version will we get week 3?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn