Kurt Warner shouldn't see the field again.

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Try spending 15 minutes on an Eagles message board maybe we wouldn't be so sensitive. Furthermore I don't understand the half-game comments Kurt and the starting offense looked lousy most of the preseason. And what made it worse for me is our own experts in the organization kept telling us it's just the preseason, it's just a vanilla offense, it will get better as soon as the games start and If we beat San Francisco in the opener no one's going to care about the preseason and on and on. And then our offense and Kurt comes out and looks worse than they did all preseason I think it was justified in being upset over it. Plus IMO If Kurt is the leader of this offense when they're doing well he is when there playing poorly and It's more than justified to question the leader.

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try spending 15 minutes on an Eagles message board maybe we wouldn't be so sensitive.
Why would we want this board to be MORE like an Eagles' board? I realize most sports message boards are full of clowns that like to spew onbscenities and hate, but that doesn't mean we need to change our model. It's because everyplace else is like that and ASFN is not that makes this site so great.

:mulli:

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why would we want this board to be MORE like an Eagles' board? I realize most sports message boards are full of clowns that like to spew onbscenities and hate, but that doesn't mean we need to change our model. It's because everyplace else is like that and ASFN is not that makes this site so great.

:mulli:

I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion from what I said. My point was there's a lot of places a lot worse than here people should appreciate it and not be so sensitive. :D

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yeah, relax and just go with it, man, right? How many times? THIS bad? None that I can remember. He's worse than I would be out there, and I haven't seen much to show he even has a glimmer of being better. I can stand back and throw the ball away when nobody's open, for crying out loud. Apparently all Greybeard can do anymore is throw interceptions and take stupid sacks. Yes, I am VERY angry, and I will NOT relax. This is UNACCEPTABLE, and fans shouldn't sit around and accept this crap with stoic meekness.

Wow. You need to find a different hobby.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
http://www.eastvalleytribune.com/story/144665

It’s amazing how quickly Warner’s star has faded. This was the title thread on one message board last Sunday night: Kurt Warner Shouldn’t See The Field Again.
And in other news: Man throws out microwave for taking too long to cook popcorn.

I'm famous...muhahahahaha! Oh wait..... :)

Hey, I don't mind the thread being bumped at all; just remember that it wasn't even in the vent period, but I believe posted at the HALF of the first game. And it wasn't a stupid opinion, but a wrong one. It isn't stupid to mark the decline of an old warhorse when, for the past month-and-a-half, he's shown nothing but decline. I was proven wrong, but I think it's stupid to call someone stupid for it ;) j/k

Josh, I pour my heart out for this team, and in that game, I probably could have played as well as Warner was...after all, crappy is still better than the worst, right? No, of course I couldn't have done as well, but it was an accurate sentiment about how Warner was playing that day.

Everyone can ask Phillycard...I go NUTS about this team. I'm bouncing off the walls for joy when we're doing well and scream at the TV when we aren't. I can't play sports any more, so I pour my competetiveness into this and other outlets. So, yeah, I'm going to react when I see that crap, for crap it was. I don't mind folks reminding about it when I overreact. Heck, I think Crazycanuck would die of shock if I DIDN'T post something like that during a bad loss...and I wouldn't want to disappoint him!

The one thing that's made me smile the most about this site today? Reading this thread. We have a few folks on different sides of an issue (I've become an issue; kewl lol), and are they tearing out each other's internet throats? Nope. They're having a nice, respectful argument that didn't even get a questionable thread locked. Kudos to you all :thumbup:

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
can you be stoic and meek at the same time?

Okay, this is the only thing that can get me going right now. You're calling out MY vocabulary? Grrrrrrrrr!! :D

Stoic--of or pertaining to the school of philosophy founded by Zeno, who taught that people should be free from passion, unmoved by joy or grief, and submit without complaint to unavoidable necessity.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/stoic

Meek--1. humbly patient or docile, as under provocation from others.
2. overly submissive or compliant; spiritless; tame.
3. Obsolete. gentle; kind.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/+meek

NEVER call out the Shakespeare geek's vocabulary! I'll shove a dictionary up your lexicon! (okay, so much for vocabulary...that was a loudy dirty analogy :D )

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I'm not sure how you came to that conclusion from what I said. My point was there's a lot of places a lot worse than here people should appreciate it and not be so sensitive. :D

All I know is the infighting on the main CARDINALS board is embarrassing.Especially after week one.You were no angel Saxon.The mods have thier favorites and there are a lot of trolls on there who never get banned.I get no warning for what I said just something that says you said something rude.Period.

I'm just so thankfull they stay over there and we can have a civil,mostly conversational type communications with each other without using the,I wish I could put you in a cannon and shoot you into outer space posts.One of which you enjoyed.I still read the other board a little.

You just never get the inside information you get over here.Plus we enjoy a laugh over here with grown up humor and levity that is always going on.Its a place to relax and not get your blood pressure up.No stalkers either.Who could ask for more.

There is real hatred on the other board.Pure and simple hatred.Fan on fan.All due to one topic.The mods let certain people go with it and others they ban.For lesser acts.Just like "The Kid" has said himself many times posting over here.These are his words and not mine.I just totally agree with him.I did'nt know it was a husband and wife team as he pointed out to me that run that show over there.

The head women made a couple posts threatening that the board would be shut down permanently if some of the stuff kept up.I can very easily find that post if you need it.Thats some pretty serious stuff to get to that level of fan on fan basis.

PRAISE GOD this board will still be here.Keep reminding me to make a major donation to this wonderfull place.:D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay, this is the only thing that can get me going right now. You're calling out MY vocabulary? Grrrrrrrrr!! :D

Stoic--of or pertaining to the school of philosophy founded by Zeno, who taught that people should be free from passion, unmoved by joy or grief, and submit without complaint to unavoidable necessity.

NEVER call out the Shakespeare geek's vocabulary! I'll shove a dictionary up your lexicon! (okay, so much for vocabulary...that was a loudy dirty analogy :D )
I guess I just associate stoicism with quiet strength and meekness with timidness. While the dictionary definitions may not be contradictory, I think most people's impression of them are at odds. I don't think I'm alone in that.

Anyway, a Shakespeare geek should know how to reach an audience with meaning, not knock one upside the head with a dictionary! ;)

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I guess I just associate stoicism with quiet strength and meekness with timidness. While the dictionary definitions may not be contradictory, I think most people's impression of them are at odds. I don't think I'm alone in that.

Anyway, a Shakespeare geek should know how to reach an audience with meaning, not knock one upside the head with a dictionary! ;)

But I'm not patient or meek :D

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
All I know is the infighting on the main CARDINALS board is embarrassing.Especially after week one.You were no angel Saxon.The mods have thier favorites and there are a lot of trolls on there who never get banned.I get no warning for what I said just something that says you said something rude.Period.

I'm just so thankfull they stay over there and we can have a civil,mostly conversational type communications with each other without using the,I wish I could put you in a cannon and shoot you into outer space posts.One of which you enjoyed.I still read the other board a little.

You just never get the inside information you get over here.Plus we enjoy a laugh over here with grown up humor and levity that is always going on.Its a place to relax and not get your blood pressure up.No stalkers either.Who could ask for more.

There is real hatred on the other board.Pure and simple hatred.Fan on fan.All due to one topic.The mods let certain people go with it and others they ban.For lesser acts.Just like "The Kid" has said himself many times posting over here.These are his words and not mine.I just totally agree with him.I did'nt know it was a husband and wife team as he pointed out to me that run that show over there.

The head women made a couple posts threatening that the board would be shut down permanently if some of the stuff kept up.I can very easily find that post if you need it.Thats some pretty serious stuff to get to that level of fan on fan basis.

PRAISE GOD this board will still be here.Keep reminding me to make a major donation to this wonderfull place.:D

If you only knew the truth maybe someday I will fill you in. :D Anyways I enjoy my time on all three Cardinal boards I frequent and don't bring one to the other. I use the exact same name and the exact same avatar I’m not out to hide anything. I don't know if you've noticed but I gave you a million ASFN dollars and said hello via a private I have no intentions of bringing any disagreement we may have had over there to this board no one here wants to hear it. I personally enjoy this board for its demeanor as well as I enjoy the other one for its demeanor. When in Rome do as the Romans do or something like that...............:D

Last edited:

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If you only knew the truth maybe someday I will fill you in. :D Anyways I enjoy my time on all three Cardinal boards I frequent and don't bring one to the other. I use the exact same name and the exact same avatar I’m not out to hide anything. I don't know if you've noticed but I gave you a million ASFN dollars and said hello via a private I have no intentions of bringing any disagreement we may have had over there to this board no one here wants to hear it. I personally enjoy this board for its demeanor as well as I enjoy the other one for its demeanor. When in Rome do as the Romans do or something like that...............:D

I got time and I can handle the truth.I have a lot that might shock you too.I'm sure.Only a few folks know on that board and I've let one know on this board so far.How much more truth do you need than my real name Doug?

I used about 3 different avatars on the other board but the one I have now is the one I was using on the main board also.I assure you there is a major reason for annonimity and once you find out one day you will have totally agreed with me on it.

I bring nothing but the same person I was and am to this board as I was on the other.I had stalkers over there.The mods would'nt help me with them.Theres an 80 year old women who spouts pure hatred for Kurt Warner over there since the very day he came in and McClowns job was given to Kurt as she is always pointing out.I know it ruined McCowns HOF career.Why not blame chilidog instead of Kurt?

I did'nt notice the money.Thats almost gonna give me a heart attack.I also answered your private message with a very,very nice and civil long post.I never said one bad word to you.I'm willing to forgive anyone anytime,anywhere.I don't hold grudges except on the 9ers.

I agree with you totally about the different demeanor here and I LOVE IT! Why would I ever go back to stalkers and pure hatred among supposed fans of the same team?I'm too old for that and I'm due shortly for brain surgery that could be pretty serious.Its my pituitary out of major whack.They go through the roof of your mouth to get to it.I may need Chemo after or many other things.I also have to get my spinal cord implant removed before I can have the MRI they need for a better picture also.So things could be better healthwise.

I know GOD has me in his hand.When its my time,its my time.I just don't need anyone hating on me for rooting for the CARDINALS and that means all 53 of them.

GOD bless you for the money.What do I do with it?I promise you I'm old enough to keep any secret you've got.Plus I'll let you in on mine.Then you will understand a heck of a lot more.These days we just can't go around letting everyone know our business.You know that.PEACE SAXON.When you try you can be a very talented poster.I've read some of it.I played football too long to be a debate team poster.We have tons of them here and I love to learn from them.They are so funny too.

Old dogs CAN learn new tricks.We both want the same things on the places we post.I now only post here.I can read the other board(if I'm bored)But I get enough here.This week I might even visit the colts board.It will be a first.I want THIS game badly.Hope we can talk privately.:DGOD BLESS YOU!You never mentioned in your message anything about $$ and what we do with it.

Last edited:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

A stoic may be meek, but all stoics were not meek: Example - Marcus Aurelius

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Everyone can ask Phillycard...I go NUTS about this team. I'm bouncing off the walls for joy when we're doing well and scream at the TV when we aren't.

LOL I used to be like that too. My wife and kids wouldn't stay in the house when the Cards were playing. Imagine what it was like for them when the Cards were losing 11 games every season. I was banned from 4 different Austin sports bars at one time, but only on Sundays. Once the new stadium opened something changed. I still yell at the guys for doing stupid stuff but nothing like it was during the SDS or Busch Stadium days.

I'm not convinced about Warner yet. Its one thing to dink and dunk at 90% against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. (Imagine what Warner could do against our bunch. :shock:) Lets see what he does against a top 10 pass defense Sunday night before we start talking about him having a map to the fountain of youth.

I'd also like to see him have at least one decent road game against a team from the East above the Mason-Dixon line. He was more than below average last year in Washington(16-30-1INT, New York(7 turnovers),Foxboro(6-18 for 30 yards) and Philadelphia(21-39-3INTs).

Of course Fitzgerald playing like a 3rd receiver isn't helping him any. Try to get some separation for a change Larry. Give your QBs somewhere to throw the ball other than 5' over your head.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
LOL I used to be like that too. My wife and kids wouldn't stay in the house when the Cards were playing. Imagine what it was like for them when the Cards were losing 11 games every season. I was banned from 4 different Austin sports bars at one time, but only on Sundays. Once the new stadium opened something changed. I still yell at the guys for doing stupid stuff but nothing like it was during the SDS or Busch Stadium days.

I'm not convinced about Warner yet. Its one thing to dink and dunk at 90% against one of the worst pass defenses in the NFL. (Imagine what Warner could do against our bunch. :shock:) Lets see what he does against a top 10 pass defense Sunday night before we start talking about him having a map to the fountain of youth.

I'd also like to see him have at least one decent road game against a team from the East above the Mason-Dixon line. He was more than below average last year in Washington(16-30-1INT, New York(7 turnovers),Foxboro(6-18 for 30 yards) and Philadelphia(21-39-3INTs).

Of course Fitzgerald playing like a 3rd receiver isn't helping him any. Try to get some separation for a change Larry. Give your QBs somewhere to throw the ball other than 5' over your head.

Did'nt Pittsburgh have the #1 pass defense in the league last year before the Superbowl? I think the total yardage was 377 and we almost pulled it off but for a miracle(once in a lifetime)pass&catch.Plus a couple guys just miss bringing Ben down near his endzone a couple times on that drive.

I think this game goes to the last team with the ball.I really do.I would'nt even waste any personal angst till the fourth quarter.One or the other team will come from behind and its going down to the wire.I'm believing the few attempts Beanie gets he'll make the most of them if Brackins is out and we know Sanders will be.How well we run in the crucial time will settle this one.Unless turnovers&penalties ruin the game.We may get overhyped for this one.Would'nt be the first time.

Or our timed blitzes that have been called offsides for two weeks may be perfectly timed this week and Manning may get his white uniform dirty.Did we use up all our breaks last week?I still think it goes to the wire.Do we know how to play any other way?Get you pacemaker checked out and refill your meds.:D

P.S. When the game was over Big B and Kurt took a quick approved ride to St. Augustine.A short ways away from Jacksonville and went and filled a jug up at "The Fountain of Youth" founded by Ponce de' Leon.So we're set to go on that one.38 means nothing.

Last edited:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Did'nt Pittsburgh have the #1 pass defense in the league last year before the Superbowl? I think the total yardage was 377 and we almost pulled it off but for a miracle(once in a lifetime)pass&catch.Plus a couple guys just miss bringing Ben down near his endzone a couple times on that drive.

Warner was only 37 and hadn't had hip surgery last February.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I believe Warner should be blindfolded

Warner should never see the field again, he is so accurate that he should be blindfold so he can never see the field so at least the defense will have a fair chance of stopping him :D

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Warner was only 37 and hadn't had hip surgery last February.

Is it time to buy Kurt one of those buttons to wear around his neck that he can push and say "I've fallen and can't get up"?

I did'nt know we were to be worried another day about that hip arthroscopic surgery that Kurt had done by the same surgeon who did the same procedure on A-Rod a month earlier.They both seem to be doing fine by the way the Yankees are doing and I think Warner would be listed as favorable each week he plays with that hip in the injury category right?

If Kurt was injured the CARDINALS would'nt risk a fine by not listing him on the injury list each week right?I'm more worried about his shoulder than his hip anymore.He said he is more flexible and has more range of movement before he had the surgery.The first week of pre-season on the nationally televised game Kurt told the announcers before the game his hip only hurt when he was standing still.

How many weeks is it since then?5+? How long before we can clear Kurt Warner of any hip issues for the season in the posting fans eyes?:)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Is it time to buy Kurt one of those buttons to wear around his neck that he can push and say "I've fallen and can't get up"?

I did'nt know we were to be worried another day about that hip arthroscopic surgery that Kurt had done by the same surgeon who did the same procedure on A-Rod a month earlier.They both seem to be doing fine by the way the Yankees are doing and I think Warner would be listed as favorable each week he plays with that hip in the injury category right?

If Kurt was injured the CARDINALS would'nt risk a fine by not listing him on the injury list each week right?I'm more worried about his shoulder than his hip anymore.He said he is more flexible and has more range of movement before he had the surgery.The first week of pre-season on the nationally televised game Kurt told the announcers before the game his hip only hurt when he was standing still.

How many weeks is it since then?5+? How long before we can clear Kurt Warner of any hip issues for the season in the posting fans eyes?:)

All that needs to be happening is a loss of a step or an inch or two on his follow through. Not enough to be on an injury report. Look at all the injuries we find out about after the season. Nagging injuries that guys play through that you never hear about until March or April.

As for A-Rod,300lb guys don't tackle him as he's rounding first base.