Kurt vs. Carson (year 1 w/ Cards)

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
OK, time to stir things up a bit.

Here's a look at Kurt's average game in his first year with the Cards vs Carson's average game in his first year with the Cards...

Kurt
comp/att - 24/38
comp - 64%
yards per attempt - 7.1
Yards - 271
TD/INt ratio - 1.2 / 1
QB rating - 85

Carson
comp/att - 23/36
comp - 63%
yards per attempt - 7.4
Yards - 267
TD/INt ratio - 1.1 / 1
QB rating - 84

Doesn't get more similar than that.

OP
OP
sundevil04

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
To take it a step further, here are each of their first 16 games with the Cards

Kurt
comp/att - 350/543
comp - 64.4%
yards per attempt - 7.5
Yards - 4,090
TD - 17
Int - 14
QB rating - 86.8
Fumbles - 12

Carson
comp/att - 362/572
comp - 63.3%
yards per attempt - 7.2
Yards - 4,274
TD - 24
Int - 22
QB rating - 83.9
Fumbles - 6

Carson threw 8 more INT's over his 1st 16 games, but had 6 less fumbles.

Last edited:

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like both QB's but the difference is that Warner statistically had one of the worst seasons of his career his first year with us, while Palmer had statistically his best year (minus the INT's obviously). My point is, Warner's ceiling was SB-winning high while Carson's ceiling, if he hasn't already hit it, remains unknown. Warner's worst year statistically was similar to Carson's best year.

Last edited:

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
True. His line wasn't great, maybe not even god, but is was didn't include Sowell and Fanika

No, but it included Alex Stepanovich, Nick Leckey and Elton Brown.

Eric Edwards and Fred Wakefield at tight end.

Running backs: Marcel Shipp & J.J. Arrington.

At least in 2013, the Cardinals had an NFL quality roster.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've seen Palmers cieling IMHO… I don't care what their 1st year numbers were we had seen Warner have MVP caliber years. Palmers never even been close and never will be IMO.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We've seen Palmers cieling IMHO… I don't care what their 1st year numbers were we had seen Warner have MVP caliber years. Palmers never even been close and never will be IMO.

???

Warner had actual MVP years in St-Louis, and I'm unclear as to what caibre means. Palmer was a Pro Bowler in Cinci, and it's not a quantum leap to suggest that Palmer could greatly improve his TD to Int ratio.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
???

Warner had actual MVP years in St-Louis, and I'm unclear as to what caibre means. Palmer was a Pro Bowler in Cinci, and it's not a quantum leap to suggest that Palmer could greatly improve his TD to Int ratio.

Palmer will never play at an MVP level. NEVER! Warner had that capability and came pretty close to it back in AZ. And Palmer just may reduce his TO's but to suggest or imply that he will ever play at a "Warner like" level based on one year of stats IMO is just silly. But dreaming is free so dream on :)

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To be fair, Palmer had a good year while the whole team was still elarning the offense. Being that the team will know what they are doing I expect better next year and better could mnean big things. Palmer has never had a team with a D as good as ours. If we can make a more complete offense he will have his chance to finally get a title.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair, Palmer had a good year while the whole team was still elarning the offense. Being that the team will know what they are doing I expect better next year and better could mnean big things. Palmer has never had a team with a D as good as ours. If we can make a more complete offense he will have his chance to finally get a title.

Oh don't get me wrong if he reduces his turnovers and can play at a high level and we can maintain talent on this team I think we can compete with him. Im just saying Warner he is not and Warner he will never be.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Shows how amazing Kurt was. Even in his worst years here he still maintained a QB-rating between 86-89. Then the gloves happened. :grin:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh don't get me wrong if he reduces his turnovers and can play at a high level and we can maintain talent on this team I think we can compete with him. Im just saying Warner he is not and Warner he will never be.

Well with that, hell never be anyone but carson.

I do like Carson though. Its nice to finally have a guy fully dedicated to the position after Warner left. Not all these guys who play football when required. He attends all of the camps, spends extra time with all of the guys and shows up early to hardy every month.

I wanted him w hen he was leaving cinci but they wouldnt let him go before the season and we got Korns sorry ass instead. Glad he is here and hope BA and Keim can put together a better line, a better safety and keep the ball rolling.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Palmer will never play at an MVP level. NEVER! Warner had that capability and came pretty close to it back in AZ. And Palmer just may reduce his TO's but to suggest or imply that he will ever play at a "Warner like" level based on one year of stats IMO is just silly. But dreaming is free so dream on :)

Well, thanks for the FINAL word on this.

Reaction score
Hell, I am just glad that when Carson drops back to pass, I don't have a sudden intake of air in anticipation of disaster, any longer!

Everything else is gravy! :)

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not into comparisons. I'm happy we had a future HOF Qb Warner here. Palmer is solid, especially after the disaster we had at qb since Kurt retired.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I like both QB's but the difference is that Warner statistically had one of the worst seasons of his career his first year with us, while Palmer had statistically his best year (minus the INT's obviously). My point is, Warner's ceiling was SB-winning high while Carson's ceiling, if he hasn't already hit it, remains unknown. Warner's worst year statistically was similar to Carson's best year.

Yep! This ends the thread right here. Let's come back next year and compare the numbers again. Probably won't even be close.