KTAR: "He doesn't listen to Fitz."

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I can't see anything really. That said, this is a rough thing to speculate on. You hate to think someone as talented as Murray wouldn't do everything in his power to be great, but I also know that many young and talented athletes don't know how much harder you have to work at the professional level. One of the things I learned from Polamalu.

Yep... I have similar concerns about Kirk...

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just heard on KTAR from one of the hosts "Kyler doesn't listen to Fitzgerald."

Take it for what it is. There is no proof, just a statement made.

I will say that if this is true, then Kyler Murray has a lot of growing up to do. He is getting a little too Jay Cutler in my opinion. He certainly does not know everything, does not know everything and has a lot to work on when it comes to fundamentals.

If this kid thinks he knows it all and will not listen. Then I doubt he is very coachable. That is a problem.

Not gonna work here in the NFL, and it would not work in MLB as well.

Very concerning. Especially from someone who is used to winning and seems to not be able to handle adversity, something Fitzgerald could REALLY help him with....handling adversity.

With all the warts being shown it will be interesting to see how things are going to be handled going forward.
Hard for me to even consider it with the only evidence being a radio host claiming it

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe fitz was talking about how regular his bowel movements are and that's what murray didn't listen to

If fitz doesn't retire after this season, I'd say you have your answer.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hard for me to even consider it with the only evidence being a radio host claiming it

But the radio host is hearing it from somewhere. Obviously context is missing but Gambo, to my knowledge doesn't simply make up stuff out of thin air. He may not be right but he is hearing that from somewhere

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Are you kidding? I just heard it live too and couldn’t believe it. This station blows so much red smoke up your butt and makes so many excuses for KM it’s crazy. So to hear Gambo say that makes me wonder...KMs body language sure makes it easy to put 2 + 2 together.

This the same Gambo that said Luca Doncic had attitude problems and his teammates didn’t like him in Europe?

same guy?

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the radio host is hearing it from somewhere. Obviously context is missing but Gambo, to my knowledge doesn't simply make up stuff out of thin air. He may not be right but he is hearing that from somewhere

:shrug:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless Fitz came out and said it or someone in the know says it I don't give it much weight.

There are only a few people in the media I give much weight to what they say and most of them are in the national media.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

he’s not exactly mr reliable. He’s used to be an insider but you can tell the last few years his access to both the Cardinals and Suns has been reduced dramatically.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think Murray gives credibility to these statements by having limited in-game interactions on the bench. Right now he seems to look downcast and strolls around mumbling to himself. It’s lucky it’s not the old days or after the game when he came back from the shower his clothes would be shredded. He needs to understand he has great athletic ability but he needs to become more of a leader. I don’t mean he has to be a rah, rah guy some leaders do so by example. But looking like your feeling sorry for yourself is not the example that leads.

No matter how much talent they put around him, they’ll go nowhere without a leader. That’s how football is structured. He needs to act like a winner to become a winner. I feel for Hopkins. He can take over a game if Murray just lets him. He busts his butt to get open and Murray is looking the other way. I agree with those who say you throw to him until they stop him.

Some of this is coaching. I can’t say it often enough; they need hot reads and those should be Fitz or Hopkins. This business of Murray having no safety throw is absurd.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe fitz was talking about how regular his bowel movements are and that's what murray didn't listen to

If fitz doesn't retire after this season, I'd say you have your answer.

Fitz is back next season.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
he’s not exactly mr reliable. He’s used to be an insider but you can tell the last few years his access to both the Cardinals and Suns has been reduced dramatically.

All I'm saying is there is no indication Gambo makes stuff up. He is absolutely wrong at times but I still think somebody said something to him to indicate this is happening. Again, context is critical but if your heard Gambo say it (I did), he said it with absolute certainty and used no qualifying language.

At a minimum, there is enough information we have seen as fans to make it seem like this could be true on some level.

Red on White

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Being new to the sport, I was amazed by how much media Murray did last season. He steps in the door and is trying to find his feet as a player but is expected to be the face of the organisation by virtue of the position he plays and the number he was drafted. Seems to be the case inside the team as well. QB is expected to run the show.

Creates a paradox where the least experienced player on the roster has the most responsibility and is required to show the most leadership.

Pair that with a rookie HC as well...?

I've found that people who lack confidence or are unsure of themselves are less likely to seek help and take advice on board. They try to project that they are in charge. It is a facade. Almost defensive.

Brand new QB with a brand new HC. KK would have the same doubts in himself as Kyler.

I know nothing about plays or tactics but we seem a team screaming out for a proven HC who has been around the traps. Who understands what it's like to usher in a young QB and gradually handover responsibilities to them as their confidence grows. Who has empathy for their situation but also a proven ability to develop players.

How deep is the trust between Kyler and KK?

I wonder if the image KM carries now is a veneer for someone who deep down doesn't yet have faith that they know what they're doing?

In my experience the least confident individuals are the least likely to take on board advice and feedback or source other's opinions. They have a real self defence mechanism. See asking for assistance to be a sign of weakness. Feel they are being judged.

So bunker down, refuse to listen to others.

The ones who have genuine knowledge and are adept in their role are more than happy to canvas the opinions of others and take advice on board. They know this is where improvement comes from. They are secure enough in their mind that they don't see advice as a threat or as implied criticism.

They don't feel they have to 'prove' anything to anyone.

The ones plagued by self doubt are constantly trying to prove their knowledge and superiority.

Kyler's ups and downs are pretty natural for a 1st/2nd year player in my eyes (in any sport). All new players will carry doubts initially until they've 'done it.' But I'm seeing a talented young player weighted down by expectations and stalling a fraction rather than one learning from his experiences in a supportive, shrewd coaching environment.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True or not, KM has a ton of growing up/maturing to do...
You draft a mobile, athletic guy who's to be the linchpin of a modern offense. Then you hire a HC known for his creativity.

And then you let 'er rip. several things can then happen: 1) the QB instantly turns out to be Superman, 2) The QB turns out to be an instant bust. 3) It takes 3 or 4 seasons for the QB to learn his craft and 4) the QB starts out like a house-a-fire but stalls out after his first or second season and either 5) figures things out and becomes a superstar or 6) continues to follow a downward trajectory.

Right now the fear is that KM will open Door #6. But any projected outcome is possible. Lots of static from the peanut gallery from fans and pundits who think they know, but are only guessing.

As for KK - The players under him have got to improve and his play calling needs to sparkle and he must be adept to adjusting to opponents' moves. I don't see this happening of late, and our play calling seems more than a litle uncreative and may I dare say static?

Cards are staring at us from a 10-foot manhole. Issue has to be: What moves (if any) should MB make to dig our way out of the hole.

We can fire the coach or keep the coach, and both approaches might be right...or wrong. The important thing is that we not be overaggressive or underaggressive but "get it right."

(Hint - Despite playing really, really bad, we've usually remained within scoring position in most games. Do we need a complete overhaul? Or would a few key additions do the trick)?

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

All I am saying is it has been my experience Gambo just doesn't make stuff up. He may be wrong from time to time and we definitely need context but I believe someone or someones said something to him.

I think there is some evidence we have seen with our eyes that might support this statement. Additionally, I heard him say it (cross talk with Vince and Bickley) and he said it with absolute certainty with no qualifying statements.

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That fact that Kyler doesn't look like the most effective communicator makes this at least believable.

Really cause Hopkins says he loves the way Kyler approaches him about on the field stuff. So I’ll take what DeAndre Hopkins has to say over what guys think it looks like watching on TV

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
All I am saying is it has been my experience Gambo just doesn't make stuff up. He may be wrong from time to time and we definitely need context but I believe someone or someones said something to him.

I think there is some evidence we have seen with our eyes that might support this statement. Additionally, I heard him say it (cross talk with Vince and Bickley) and he said it with absolute certainty with no qualifying statements.

yeah I’ve listened to that guy forever and I stopped taking him serious when he tried to tell me how Rocky Marciano would beat Lennox Lewis in an all time fight.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Really cause Hopkins says he loves the way Kyler approaches him about on the field stuff. So I’ll take what DeAndre Hopkins has to say over what guys think it looks like watching on TV
Ok guy. Two guys like yelling at each other...must be pergect.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard