KTAR: "He doesn't listen to Fitz."

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Just heard on KTAR from one of the hosts "Kyler doesn't listen to Fitzgerald."

Take it for what it is. There is no proof, just a statement made.

I will say that if this is true, then Kyler Murray has a lot of growing up to do. He is getting a little too Jay Cutler in my opinion. He certainly does not know everything, does not know everything and has a lot to work on when it comes to fundamentals.

If this kid thinks he knows it all and will not listen. Then I doubt he is very coachable. That is a problem.

Not gonna work here in the NFL, and it would not work in MLB as well.

Very concerning. Especially from someone who is used to winning and seems to not be able to handle adversity, something Fitzgerald could REALLY help him with....handling adversity.

With all the warts being shown it will be interesting to see how things are going to be handled going forward.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

I will say that if this is true, then Kyler Murray has a lot of growing up to do. He is getting a little too Jay Cutler in my opinion. He certainly does not know everything, does not know everything and has a lot to work on when it comes to fundamentals.

If this kid thinks he knows it all and will not listen. Then I doubt he is very coachable. That is a problem.

Very concerning. Especially from someone who is used to winning and seems to not be able to handle adversity, something Fitzgerald could REALLY help him with....handling adversity.

With all the warts being shown it will be interesting to see how things are going to be handled going forward.
Interesting to see how this progresses moving forward.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

True or not, KM has a ton of growing up/maturing to do...

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
I need a job where I can talk out of by butt and have people run around and spread it for me
Are you kidding? I just heard it live too and couldn’t believe it. This station blows so much red smoke up your butt and makes so many excuses for KM it’s crazy. So to hear Gambo say that makes me wonder...KMs body language sure makes it easy to put 2 + 2 together.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Kyler wouldn't be the first young athlete to rolls his eyes at a washed veteran regardless of how good he used to be.
He said that after a win. Everything’s rosy then. Bet he wouldn’t say that now.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Kyler imploding after being the talk of the league would be a complete Cardinals thing. Hopefully his career does not take the RGIII route. I don't think he would stick to football it gets really bad. That is the thing about having options.

Point of note, I am saying this would suck, not that I think it happens.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
My only issue with Kyler is he isn't progressing through his reads and when throws is not accurate. Doesn't like to step up in the pocket and runs backwards when bailing. Whether Murray gets Larry's counsel or not does NOT bother me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
Depends on what he's not listening to him about. Was that elaborated?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kyler imploding after being the talk of the league would be a complete Cardinals thing. Hopefully his career does not take the RGIII route. I don't think he would stick to football it gets really bad. That is the thing about having options.

Point of note, I am saying this would suck, not that I think it happens.

it would just so be the Cardinals way.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
Depends on what he's not listening to him about. Was that elaborated?
It was made in the context of Larry being a team leader and the Cards missing his on field leadership. It was being said that KM has poor body language and Hopkins was rolling his eyes on the field. The thought was Fitz’s leadership prevents some of that nonsense.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
My only issue with Kyler is he isn't progressing through his reads and when throws is not accurate. Doesn't like to step up in the pocket and runs backwards when bailing. Whether Murray gets Larry's counsel or not does NOT bother me.

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk
Yeah, but if you aren't listening to a hall of fame player, it is believable that you aren't listening to other people as well.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
All kidding aside... While Kyler has reduced his sack-rate from last season, what else can we point to that would indicate he is listening, and therefore developing?
I can't see anything really. That said, this is a rough thing to speculate on. You hate to think someone as talented as Murray wouldn't do everything in his power to be great, but I also know that many young and talented athletes don't know how much harder you have to work at the professional level. One of the things I learned from Polamalu.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's unfortunate it's out there because IMO even if Fitz comes out and says that's not true, lots of people won't believe him they will think he's covering for Kyler.

You can see the issues with D Hop and Kyler I mentioned it a few times now, I was hoping fitz coming back would help there. If he really doesn't listen to Fitz that sucks. It doesn't match what he says about Fitz, or what Fitz has said about him but who knows

From an Oct 29 interview with Kyler

What's your relationship with Fitz like? I'm imagining you coming in as a young leader on this team, and he's a legend. Was there ever any tension there?

Never any tension. Obviously, receiver-quarterback relationship, when things aren't ... Say we miss a route, or I miss a throw or stuff like that — he'll never drop the ball. It's always my fault. Let's put it that way. But he's like a big brother to me.

cardjunkie

Veteran
Reaction score
It was made in the context of Larry being a team leader and the Cards missing his on field leadership. It was being said that KM has poor body language and Hopkins was rolling his eyes on the field. The thought was Fitz’s leadership prevents some of that nonsense.

Both KM and DHop looked like someone took their candy. I see this when Fitz is here too though.