Kelly Oubre...

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Joe Johnson comparison as well. Oubre doesn't need to prove anything more. I have seen enough.

Pay the man.

I wouldn't go that far. Especially, if he had similar demands that he had with the Wizards. I am all for though the Suns doing everything they can to find that magic number verses screwing around JJ style and losing a solid player that could contribute for a long time.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
they also just questioned how much money we paid Rubio, who's opportunities were drying up fast and didn't really believe he was worth 17 million per year. Talked about how we might have had to pay that much because of basically a "Suns tax"... meaning we had to overpay to get anyone to get here.
Figures. They’ll never be able to do anything right until they start winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Well, they are not wrong. Players don't want to go to crappy teams, so you have to pay the second-tier players more. That makes perfect sense.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Oh man. It will feel so good when this team turns it on and start beating the backsides of teams around the league. We saw glimpses last year--against the Warriors and Bucks. Booker is already at star status, Ayton can get there, Rubio can help make that happen. Oubre will be a nice third piece and Mikal will be a very solid player. Please let this happen. I want to see all those media types eat their words.

Will never happen as long as Sarver owns the team..

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Figures. They’ll never be able to do anything right until they start winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorta

They were wining and that didn't stop Sarver from destroying the franchise.

As a matter of fact they were the second winningest franchise in league history when he took over.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Amin Elhassen says the longer it goes, the better for the Suns. His only caveat is LA if Kawhi doesn't go there. Bobby Marks said Clippers won't overpay for a player. Even Oubre.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There is always a team out there willing to overpay. The longer this goes on? UGH!

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man the clippers got a way team friendly deal from Lou Williams.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Amin Elhassen says the longer it goes, the better for the Suns. His only caveat is LA if Kawhi doesn't go there. Bobby Marks said Clippers won't overpay for a player. Even Oubre.
That’s what I’ve been saying the whole time. Lakers bigger chance of dumb overpay for Oubre than clippers who have been smart with virtually every move they’ve made under balmer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
There is always a team out there willing to overpay. The longer this goes on? UGH!
But not a lot of teams with space to do so any longer. And not many teams with space to help other teams facilitate making space. If I recall correctly only 4 teams with $10M+ in space:

Lakers
Clippers
????
Mavs

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
But not a lot of teams with space to do so any longer. And not many teams with space to help other teams facilitate making space. If I recall correctly only 4 teams with $10M+ in space:

Lakers
Clippers
????
Mavs

The Hawks, but they don't have that much space... like $14 mil or so.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

No - the Clippers are literally the only team we have to worry about.

The Lakers have 4 players, they are not going to overpay Oubre with a whole team to fill out.

But I am wondering why he has not just agreed to a deal if the Clippers have shown no interest.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't go that far. Especially, if he had similar demands that he had with the Wizards. I am all for though the Suns doing everything they can to find that magic number verses screwing around JJ style and losing a solid player that could contribute for a long time.

We agree the Suns should find a number with Oubre.

If they did not intend to pay him they should have gone after a player like Randle so they had another piece to build around.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No - the Clippers are literally the only team we have to worry about.

The Lakers have 4 players, they are not going to overpay Oubre with a whole team to fill out.

But I am wondering why he has not just agreed to a deal if the Clippers have shown no interest.

Because there is no point in agreeing to a deal with them right now. That gives the Suns time to match. No deals can be signed until July 6th and no team that has an agreement with a restricted free agent will want them to show their hand before the 6th because that just ties up that cap space longer.

Even if Oubre agreed to sign the Clippers offer sheet they'd have to wait until the 6th to sign it and then the Suns have 2 days to match, at which point that money is tied up.

It would be in the Suns best interest to play it loose until then also, let the Clippers think they'll sign him so they keep that money committed to Oubre if they had a deal now and then at the last minute match it. That basically screws the Clippers for longer since that money will be spoken for longer than the regular 2 days a team has to match.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they have a deal worked out already. Surely there would have been a single rumor about Oubre and another team if there was any chance a deal wasn't getting worked out. Right?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am pretty sure they have a deal worked out already. Surely there would have been a single rumor about Oubre and another team if there was any chance a deal wasn't getting worked out. Right?
Just a gut feeling is we get an announcement after Kawhi finally figures out what he's doing. Possibly someone told Oubre's agent they may still have room for him on a roster if they don't get Kawhi.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

Seems that way. He's not a top target, but he's good enough to garner some interest.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seems obvious the Suns have laid their offer out and the Oubre camp is waiting to see if they get a better offer after Kawhi lands.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
At this juncture if any of the clips, hawks, or mavs make Oubre a big offer I match. If it’s the lakers I might do a double take if it’s really large. My reasoning? I have a bit more respect for the clippers, hawks, and mavs front offices and if they think the offer is value (even if high) I’d bite. The lakers are a clown show, so if they made a ridiculous offer I might be inclined to say ah that sucks but I’m not going to be Pelinka dumb.

OP
OP
82CardsGrad

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
At this juncture if any of the clips, hawks, or mavs make Oubre a big offer I match. If it’s the lakers I might do a double take if it’s really large. My reasoning? I have a bit more respect for the clippers, hawks, and mavs front offices and if they think the offer is value (even if high) I’d bite. The lakers are a clown show, so if they made a ridiculous offer I might be inclined to say ah that sucks but I’m not going to be Pelinka dumb.

Do the Lakers have room to make a bigtime offer to Oubre???

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Just remembered offer sheets to RFA’s need to be at least 3 years guaranteed. That rules out the Clippers and Lakers. I’m starting to expect him to sign the QO and hit FA next year.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just remembered offer sheets to RFA’s need to be at least 3 years guaranteed. That rules out the Clippers and Lakers. I’m starting to expect him to sign the QO and hit FA next year.
There is no indication things are there. The Suns are going to offer him a decent deal. They might be arguing over a player option or something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave