Kelly Oubre...

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Sure, I'll bite. If she wanted to become your girlfriend, what other hurdles would there be? Is there a Johnson you'd have to stretch, for example?
Maybe.
And I'd need to acquire better looks, an extremely large sum of money, fame, confidence and a time machine that would make me 25 years younger.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Sure, I'll bite. If she wanted to become your girlfriend, what other hurdles would there be? Is there a Johnson you'd have to stretch, for example?
I don't know about him, but I know my wife would say, "Do you want her to be your girlfriend?" The tone and facial expression, even I would know the "right" answer to that!

BTW, my wife knows how to use power tools!

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Would be great considering Bridges being two years away from a high caliber starter.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Nah. We will offer him enough that taking that risk would be foolish. It is not like he does not want to be here.
Plus Phoenix, you can fly out of here to anywhere for a "secondary" NBA market. That has to have some appeal for a guy who is starting a fashion brand. Unless it's like 5 mil more per year, why not play where you are happy? He can put up stats here for that next contract. I have seen guys go to other markets, not mesh and not get the stats they thought, then take a beating on the next contract.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Would be great considering Bridges being two years away from a high caliber starter.
That has a Joe Johnson’ish feel to me. If I’m the Suns I don’t play with fire here at all. I understand the point of the article would be for Oubre to bet on himself but if I’m the Suns I try to wrap this up if there is a number that makes sense to do so. If Oubre turns that down and signs a qualifier than I guess that’s his choice but I would hope the Suns would try to work out a deal. Oubre was on an upward trajectory and if he continues that he’ll get a big number with the lack of star power in nexts years FA class.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That has a Joe Johnson’ish feel to me. If I’m the Suns I don’t play with fire here at all. I understand the point of the article would be for Oubre to bet on himself but if I’m the Suns I try to wrap this up if there is a number that makes sense to do so. If Oubre turns that down and signs a qualifier than I guess that’s his choice but I would hope the Suns would try to work out a deal. Oubre was on an upward trajectory and if he continues that he’ll get a big number with the lack of star power in nexts years FA class.

said the exact same thing earlier.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Nah. We will offer him enough that taking that risk would be foolish. It is not like he does not want to be here.

We still haven’t heard any rumblings of the Suns offer is and his QO is still more than he’s made in 4 years combined. I could see both arguments but he seems confident enough to bet on himself.
https://www.spotrac.com/nba/free-agents/2020/

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Back when his max contract was 8m a year. I miss those days.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
said the exact same thing earlier.
Great minds, brother...

A few of my buddies and I were just talking about the whole JJ fiasco last week. Opened up a lot of old wounds that apparently hadn’t scarred over in 15 years.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I like the Joe Johnson comparison as well. Oubre doesn't need to prove anything more. I have seen enough.

Pay the man.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Oubre had ridiculous demands in extension talks last year with the Wizards.

Nobody should be surprised that this takes a time, Oubre thinks he is worth more than what the market thinks he is worth.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like the Joe Johnson comparison as well. Oubre doesn't need to prove anything more. I have seen enough.

Pay the man.

exactly. getting him signed to a long-term contract right now is what good, smart, forward thinking teams do to ultimately keep their cap manageable. The guy is at least an okay 3rd banana as is, has the potential to be a good 3rd banana and even bigger potential to be a GREAT 4th banana.

Make the move with an eye towards TOMORROW, not just solely based on today. Keep your players, your CORE players happy. Build trust within an organization that to this point, deserves none.

Just get it done.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
exactly. getting him signed to a long-term contract right now is what good, smart, forward thinking teams do to ultimately keep their cap manageable. The guy is at least an okay 3rd banana as is, has the potential to be a good 3rd banana and even bigger potential to be a GREAT 4th banana.

Make the move with an eye towards TOMORROW, not just solely based on today. Keep your players, your CORE players happy. Build trust within an organization that to this point, deserves none.

Just get it done.
I am assuming something gets done. If it was turning negative, I would think it would be in the news already. Suns negativity hits the national media very quickly.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just get it done.

Especially since the passed on D'Angelo Russell not that I was a fan of the signing. The Suns need to solidify their team going forward. I think Oubre can be a third pillar.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am assuming something gets done. If it was turning negative, I would think it would be in the news already. Suns negativity hits the national media very quickly.

this is true.

I wish Kawhi would just make up his damn mind already if that's the hold-up.

But even if Kawhi doesn't go to the Lakers, does Oubre really make sense there? They've already got LeBron/Kuzma at the 3/4 and are in desperate need of guards or another big if Davis doesn't want to play C.

The Clippers tho... that team needs to do SOMETHING with their cap space. They could throw a blow you out of the water offer for Oubre if they strike out on literally everyone.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
this is true.

I wish Kawhi would just make up his damn mind already if that's the hold-up.

But even if Kawhi doesn't go to the Lakers, does Oubre really make sense there? They've already got LeBron/Kuzma at the 3/4 and are in desperate need of guards or another big if Davis doesn't want to play C.

The Clippers tho... that team needs to do SOMETHING with their cap space. They could throw a blow you out of the water offer for Oubre if they strike out on literally everyone.
I think Kawhi eventually goes to the Clippers. Toronto would be my guess, the Lakers third. He seems to be a guy who likes to just focus on basketball. He does not like all of the outside distractions and attention.

If that is the case, Toronto is the best fit, but the Clippers are better than the Lakers.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
feel like the Lakers end up going Boogie and some kind of guard out there if they strike out on Kawhi.

Maybe also bring in Iggy if he's waived by Memphis.

But what guards are even still out there for the Lakers to take a shot at? Maybe a solid offer to Tyus Jones? Trade for Jeff Teague?

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
Speaking of this, I am watching a free agent special on NBA TV right now and they were on the topic of DLo. They were talking about teams that missed out on him and mentioned the Wolves and Suns, while mentioning that stupid article that was written that we didn’t pursue him because of his negative influence on Booker. Yikes.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of this, I am watching a free agent special on NBA TV right now and they were on the topic of DLo. They were talking about teams that missed out on him and mentioned the Wolves and Suns, while mentioning that stupid article that was written that we didn’t pursue him because of his negative influence on Booker. Yikes.

they also just questioned how much money we paid Rubio, who's opportunities were drying up fast and didn't really believe he was worth 17 million per year. Talked about how we might have had to pay that much because of basically a "Suns tax"... meaning we had to overpay to get anyone to get here.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
they also just questioned how much money we paid Rubio, who's opportunities were drying up fast and didn't really believe he was worth 17 million per year. Talked about how we might have had to pay that much because of basically a "Suns tax"... meaning we had to overpay to get anyone to get here.
Oh man. It will feel so good when this team turns it on and start beating the backsides of teams around the league. We saw glimpses last year--against the Warriors and Bucks. Booker is already at star status, Ayton can get there, Rubio can help make that happen. Oubre will be a nice third piece and Mikal will be a very solid player. Please let this happen. I want to see all those media types eat their words.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson