Keim's discipline ends today (Aug 21).

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Not piling on the guy AT ALL. But, words are cheap, and actions will speak louder than them. Especially in this day and age.

That being said, actions take time, so it will take time for Keim to make good on his words. I hope he does, and I think he will.

It will be interesting to see what a re-focused, and newly driven man will do for this team going forward.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He paid more than enough for driving intoxicated (and not hurting a single person, animal or blade of grass).

Time to let it go

I liked his comment "it'll help me relate" ...IMHO he's saying there's no excuse to mess up again...you either value this job or you don't and if you don't you gotta go.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry but this 2016 draft class being a total failure had turned me over on supporting Keim.

Everyone loved Denny Green because of the 2004 draft (Fitz, Dansby, Wells, Dockett), but no one seems to remember that his next two drafts were completely off the mark. Bad drafts happen because you're putting a lot of money and responsibility in the hands of extremely young adults and really anything can happen.

Having said that, have you been watching games so far this preseason? This draft class is looking pretty decent so far. I guess I'd just encourage you to keep an open mind to just how difficult it is to find, draft, and project talent in the NFL. It's hard enough to hire quality employees in the business world, I can't imagine the stress it would be at the NFL level.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Whatever. It’s done. Time for Keim to get back to work. Good things happened with signings and such while he was gone.

Hope he figured it out in the past 5 weeks.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Not piling on the guy AT ALL. But, words are cheap, and actions will speak louder than them. Especially in this day and age.

That being said, actions take time, so it will take time for Keim to make good on his words. I hope he does, and I think he will.

It will be interesting to see what a re-focused, and newly driven man will do for this team going forward.
I agree it’s going to take time to win back trust.

I will also say he was much more remorseful & showed more character than Urban Meyer did today imo. Keim spoke from his heart it seemed, many times almost shedding tears while Meyer read word for word off a prepared speech & not apologizing to the woman involved & not answering questions regarding if he agreed with his suspension. Then he appeared to angrily storm off the stage.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Dont trust much his words
He knew already the rules but he didnt care, its difficult to kick the habits

Yeah it is easy to get this impression. When asked what his #1 take was from his counceling, the way he went second person, "You're held accountable..." "When you face this kind of diversity, you have to keep your chin up." It's a subtle thing, but going second person does allow you to sidestep the question a bit. He did say he was remorseful and sorry, but he didn't actually answer the question and relate anything about his counceling or address his alcoholism.

I did like that he spoke to the team.

I love Wilks handling of it all. This guy is great.

I haven't heard the end of the press conference yet. I'm waiting to hear the inevetable super uncomfortable Kent Somers question squeezed in right at the end when hopefully the ESPN cameras are off.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard