Karlos Dansby cut....

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Sign him. Yeah he is strange and says weird crap, who freaking cares because he makes our defense so much better even at his age... his antics are comic relief and our defense being good is great :)

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If his level of play is anywhere close to where it was with us 2 years ago then he'd be a great addition again.

Minter would probably demand a trade... I can't see him taking that demotion well at all.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If his level of play is anywhere close to where it was with us 2 years ago then he'd be a great addition again.

Minter would probably demand a trade... I can't see him taking that demotion well at all.

Minter would not demand a trade because this defense is all about rotating players with hybrid uses in different schemes in different plays :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Minter will be a FA in 2017...he wouldn't demand a trade, but he probably wouldn't re-sign either.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes please. This guy ALWAYS plays his heart out for this team. One of the few players that leave that I truly miss.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Would love to see him back, but at a low cost obviously. Can't hurt to have him on the roster!

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Can't fault him for cashing in as a free agent. Very few players in this league are able to achieve 2 big paydays. Now that he is financially set it's all about the ring. Looking at his Cleveland stats, he is still a playmaker. Would love to see him handle passing down duties since Minter looks like a fish out of water in coverage. Drafting a speedy ILB remains a priority though.

NashDishesDimes

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If im dansby im thinking, if i dont go to the Cardinals and they win a chip this year, i would be bitter for life. No competitor can live with that. Hell be back..

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Does Keim & Arians want him back?:shrug:

The only way I see BASK bringing Dansby in is on the cheap. He is 34 and not getting any younger. He will be 35 come November. There is no way they would offer him more than a 2 year contract. His base salary for 2016 was suppose to be $5M. Not sure SK would be offering him that much. However that said it seems he left on good terms based on this article in SI back in March 2014

Whatever the disconnect was with the Cardinals, their offer certainly didn't seem to reflect head coach Bruce Arians' positive thoughts about the veteran.

"Oh there's no doubt," Arians said late last month. "We offered Karlos a contract the day after the season. We're still in the negotiation process. But yeah, he's a major priority because of what he brought to the table for us as a leader. We definitely would love to have him back."

Dansby, for his part, was more than amenable to a return.

"I definitely want to dominate in a winning program, definitely want to be in a winning situation at this point in my career," he said in early February. "I'm having fun, man, I'm just getting started. I've got some things up my sleeve I'm going to be doing this offseason to really solidify myself as the best linebacker in the league, period. I let it slip through my fingers last season, I won't let it happen again."

The Browns are hardly a winning program -- they've had just two non-losing seasons since their return to the NFL in 1999 -- but they had the appreciation and the cap space for Dansby, while the Cardinals decided that, for whatever reason, they did not.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Seem like a perfect fit (again) 1 or 2 year deal. This is our SB run.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I'd say at his age he isn't going to be getting a lot of high priced offers. Not that I watched much Browns football but I imagine he still has a year or 2 of solid play in the tank, especially in a rotational position.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Why the crap did they cut Dansby? The dude was still a stud last year.