Karlos Dansby cut....

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
From jurecki: Dansby told me yesterday the Cardinals haven't reached out, and mentioned that the Seahawks have shown some interest. @bigredrageASFN

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
I honestly think they are done in FA unless they clear more cap room. The space they have left is probably slotted for draft pool.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I honestly think they are done in FA unless they clear more cap room. The space they have left is probably slotted for draft pool.
Still have some wiggle room once Campbell gets an agent and does extension

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Gambo is trying really hard to be Mike Jurecki. It's just not going to work.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Still have some wiggle room once Campbell gets an agent and does extension

Which begs the question why is he delaying this process. It shouldn't take this long to find a new agent. There is no excuse for it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Which begs the question why is he delaying this process. It shouldn't take this long to find a new agent. There is no excuse for it.

maybe because he knows his play slipped?? or he likes the idea of $15mil?

I agree though,...two months into the off season already,...he aint really looking obviously

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

according to him and the team: http://blog.azcardinals.com/2016/03/17/agent-issue-puts-campbell-contract-on-hold/

Campbell’s agent had been Ben Dogra. Dogra, after an investigation, was in January suspended by the NFLPA for three years. Dogra can represent players while he appeals, but Campbell believes it makes sense to make a switch so nothing could mess up upcoming negotiations. Campbell has been meeting with agents and thinks he is close to a decision. The Cardinals have asked Campbell who his agent is — he just doesn’t have an answer quite yet.
“Once I figure out what I want to do and tell (the team) things will probably move along,” Campbell said. “I haven’t really given them the chance, which kind of sucks. I feel bad. But it’s the way things have fallen together.”

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm well aware it still doesn't take this long to pick an agent nor should it.….He's dragging his feet for some reason….He's been in the NFL a long time and knows what agents are out there and which ones are good and which ones aren't word-of-mouth goes a long way… Should not take this long.

I think you'd think long and hard before selecting the guy who was going to negotiate how much money you were going to make when your employer wanted to give you a multimillion dollar paycut - and how much of a % they were going to take, and whether or not you were their #1 priority.

It's a pretty big thing. I would probably take close to a year to make this decision if I were in his shoes. (Not saying he should, but I'd just be really, really precautious.)

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He could be looking at different options. One guy he might be interested in, might be giving him the hard sell to not renegotiate, while another guy might be saying to renegotiate.

The guy who says not to, might be saying he can bring more money to CC, but also might be asking for more money to be his agent.

The guy who says to renegotiate, might be saying he can do things right, and keep all sides happy, bring him another payday, get to stay here, and take less money.

Who knows overall, but there's probably lots of factors involved we simply have no clue about. Hell he could be trying to get a couple into a bidding war to provide their services to him.

Maybe even a situation where he gets a cheaper rate for only representing him starting with the deal. Who knows.

Hopefully it's figured out soon, and with someone who can make it work to keep CC here.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
He could be looking at different options. One guy he might be interested in, might be giving him the hard sell to not renegotiate, while another guy might be saying to renegotiate.

The guy who says not to, might be saying he can bring more money to CC, but also might be asking for more money to be his agent.

The guy who says to renegotiate, might be saying he can do things right, and keep all sides happy, bring him another payday, get to stay here, and take less money.

Who knows overall, but there's probably lots of factors involved we simply have no clue about. Hell he could be trying to get a couple into a bidding war to provide their services to him.

Maybe even a situation where he gets a cheaper rate for only representing him starting with the deal. Who knows.

Hopefully it's figured out soon, and with someone who can make it work to keep CC here.

thought I recently saw something that said agent rates are set by the nflpa at 3%.........and they just shot down a proposal to drop it to 2%.......... if true...then there really is no negotiating rates,...just ability

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
3% max...set by nfl

Commission Limits

An agent’s commission varies, based on the sport he represents. Generally, a sports agent earns between 4 and 10 percent of an athlete’s playing contract, though some leagues place limits on what percentage an agent can charge in commission. For example, the National Football League states that an agent can't receive more than 3 percent of player salaries. The National Basketball Association places the limit at 3 percent too. Major League Baseball and the National Hockey League don't have any limits on agent commissions, however.

http://work.chron.com/average-sports-agents-commission-21083.html

so,..in order to make more money for his guy an agent will have to get his guy outside work...nike, adidas, joe bob ford, etc....where he is not limited in what commission he can charge

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Dansby is only concerned with Dansby. The Cards won't be the highest payer so forget about his silly talk of wanting a ring. He doesn't deserve a ring.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Dansby is only concerned with Dansby. The Cards won't be the highest payer so forget about his silly talk of wanting a ring. He doesn't deserve a ring.

So that seems a bit harsh to me. Los is all about the $'s but I always got the impression he was a good leader and his teammates liked and respected him. IMO Los has as much right to win a ring as just about any other NFL player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard