Karlos Dansby cut....

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Why the crap did they cut Dansby? The dude was still a stud last year.

New moneyball regime. Signed a guy for cheaper. Trying to bottom out. Thinks they have Haslam's unconditional support for YEARS (instead of a year).

They are tearing apart the best pieces of a 3 win team. They might be Lions 0-16 bad next season. Probably not because that's really hard to do, but it sure looks like they are trying for that.

I get the Bowe cut, he was done his last couple years in KC before even coming to Cle.

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I agree that we would make this defense better. However, we have paid him plenty of money over the years. If it truly is his time to "go chase a ring" as he said, then he can come and do a hometown deal with us on the cheap.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think he'd come back here on a 1 year vet min deal to get the chance at the ring. He was just stating how much he hated losing. We'll see if he walks his talk

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Honestly think Karlos is the final piece.

If we can win a SB with this team, we never will.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There's no hard feelings with us and Karlos at this point. Keim basically told him to take the money while he could, and he said he wanted to stay but couldn't turn down the guarantee.

Bring him in.

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I agree that we would make this defense better. However, we have paid him plenty of money over the years. If it truly is his time to "go chase a ring" as he said, then he can come and do a hometown deal with us on the cheap.

Leopards don't change their spots. He says he wants a ring but he is already angling on who might pay him.

He said - "I'm sure the Bengals are licking their chops right now."

Writer said - "The inference is that Dansby expects to close out his illustrious career with a linebacker-needy contender, such as Hue Jackson's former club in Cincinnati."

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just convince him to come back for a year. After another season with us, maybe the Browns will give him another big payday

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if the Cards sign him. They may talk with him, but I bet that he is still looking to get paid so the Cards may not be able to pay him.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd be surprised if the Cards sign him. They may talk with him, but I bet that he is still looking to get paid so the Cards may not be able to pay him.

It sounds like it. The quotes I've read that go beyond what's been posted lead me to believe he is opening up his bidding to contending teams.

If no one bites, or Keim gets into the bidding, we could get him.

We'll just have to wait and see.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Per Bickley a few minutes ago, Cards are indeed interested, and investigating why he was let go. If not due to a decline in his game, they may make a play for his services.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He had 108 total tackles, 3 INTs and 2 TDs last season. Still playing well.

When they are cut, they still go through waivers? Or is he just open for anyone willing to pay him what he wants?

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
One year deal for 3 or 4 mil should do it. He led the Browns in tackles so he still has it and he's familiar with our defense. It's a win win for him and us if he comes back.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
He still has to clear waivers, correct? Though with the ridiculous contract that Cleveland gave him, I can't see anyone touching it.

Go Cards!!!

Do they have to take over his contract? I thought when they were cut, if there was still any guaranteed money, the team that cut them has to take care of it and the new team doesn't.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He had 108 total tackles, 3 INTs and 2 TDs last season. Still playing well.

When they are cut, they still go through waivers? Or is he just open for anyone willing to pay him what he wants?

He still has to clear waivers, correct? Though with the ridiculous contract that Cleveland gave him, I can't see anyone touching it.

Go Cards!!!

No, that goes away with so many years of service. Can't remember how many, but he is a FA.

OP
OP
Goldfield

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
This makes too much sense not to happen.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This makes too much sense not to happen.

This, and so simple that even Dansby gets it and the freaking Cardinals are a contender. One can say what they want about his mercenary ways but Dansby has always given his all when on the field for his teammates, he takes the money but he holds up his end of the bargain for the contract... sign LOS and let one our best LBs (during his orbit we call a career while he was in our stratosphere) of all time play his final tenure for Big Red :)

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Translation: Still chasing the money.

It's not like the Bengals are crap like the Browns were two years ago. I have no problem with the statement, and do expect him to look at all contenders looking for a LB. He said last night on Sirius "It's time for me to get a ring", so he will pick a playoff team at the very least.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard