Justified (FX)

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Raylan is a serial killer. :devil: They have something special with chest shootings. Boyd,Ava, the latest nurse chick. Maybe that is how they keep characters alive for the season. Until Breaking Bad returns, this is the only show I record. Any guesses how long the Detroit Carpetbagger lasts?

End of the season. He seems to be the baddest of the bad guys. Boyd is going to need some help to take him out.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
End of the season. He seems to be the baddest of the bad guys. Boyd is going to need some help to take him out.

Yep. That's when Boyd and Raylan will team up.

Wally, I know you were joking around, but the reason for all the chest shots is because training dictates that you aim for center mass.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. That's when Boyd and Raylan will team up.

Wally, I know you were joking around, but the reason for all the chest shots is because training dictates that you aim for center mass.

Isn't the mob hit 2 in the chest one in the head?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just love this show. it has the balls to REALLY branch out from it's lead character. I think Raylan was only in maybe 7 scenes tonight. That's just unheard of for your lead actor. Such a great ensemble they've put together.

question - has Raylan killed someone in EVERY episode? just curious.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
just love this show. it has the balls to REALLY branch out from it's lead character. I think Raylan was only in maybe 7 scenes tonight. That's just unheard of for your lead actor. Such a great ensemble they've put together.

question - has Raylan killed someone in EVERY episode? just curious.

He didn't kill anyone in last week's episode, he only ran over the guy twice. Unless I forgot someone else.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
It may be blasphemy but Justified is closing in on Breaking Bad in terms of making great episodes where nothing happens except moving chess pieces. The end of this season is going to be insane.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So if we are to believe Quarrels' recounting of his childhood, he was pimped out by his father until someone found out. The person who discovered the abuse then kidnapped Quarrels' father and gave Quarrels the choice to kill him, which he did. For a moment I thought Quarrels had a good streak in him and was abducting abusers and torturing/killing them carrying out some sort of vigilante justice. But the final scene seemed to squelch that theory. Either way, he is one sick and sadistic person.

Does anybody else think that Raylan saw Quarrles' taxi-driver gun contraption when he was pointing at him in the bar? Raylan cocked his head a bit as if he saw it. I think it was a bit of foreshadowing.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
So if we are to believe Quarrels' recounting of his childhood, he was pimped out by his father until someone found out. The person who discovered the abuse then kidnapped Quarrels' father and gave Quarrels the choice to kill him, which he did. For a moment I thought Quarrels had a good streak in him and was abducting abusers and torturing/killing them carrying out some sort of vigilante justice. But the final scene seemed to squelch that theory. Either way, he is one sick and sadistic person.

Does anybody else think that Raylan saw Quarrles' taxi-driver gun contraption when he was pointing at him in the bar? Raylan cocked his head a bit as if he saw it. I think it was a bit of foreshadowing.

Whenever Quarles is starring someone down and then smiles creeps me out but makes me laugh every time. Neal McDonough has found a good niche as the creepy evil guy.

I've wondered about his gun contraption jamming at the wrong time. Remember earlier in the season he was oiling it in front of Wynn Duffy and Duffy asked him if it ever jams.

I saw Raylan **** his head as well so maybe you're going to be right. Either way we are headed to another fantastic finish for this show.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Quarles is one of the greatest/creepiest bad guys in TV history. and Duffy, strapped into him seemingly against his will, is freaking awesome as well.

the first season was great, the second season was really good, but I think this season has just left BOTH of those seasons in the dust. Pretty impressive when a show gets much better with age, especially after starting as strong as it did.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have to give credit to the writers who seemed to recognize that Wynnona was a liability and wrote her out of the script... for awhile at least.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
Quarles is one of the greatest/creepiest bad guys in TV history. and Duffy, strapped into him seemingly against his will, is freaking awesome as well.

the first season was great, the second season was really good, but I think this season has just left BOTH of those seasons in the dust. Pretty impressive when a show gets much better with age, especially after starting as strong as it did.

Don't think this left last season in the dust. As of right now I think last season was better, pretty much entirely because of Mags Bennett and the Bennett clan. Obviously a lot can change over the next few episodes but Quarles isn't up to Mags level yet. Still I agree with your assessment on how it got better with age. First season was a decent show but once they realized a serialized story is what was missing this show took off.

AZZenny

Reaction score
Last season was pretty amazing, and I agree Quarles isn't quite up to Mags - although he and Duffy together come close. Quarles is so slimy-creepy-narcissistic, and being written and played beautifully.
Mr. Limehouse looked like he had tremendous potential as a cold, savage, savvy antagonist initially, but he seems a little muddy to me now -- however, I suspect they're just laying ductwork and maybe he'll be next season's Mags.

And since she's pregnant, hard to see Wynona gone for good. It felt like they just didn't know what to do with her. Hope they figure it out before she's back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The look on Duffy's face when Quarles was telling the story about his childhood...OMG! Hilarious!

yeah... Duffy is just killing me in every single episode. He's basically "us" stuck in scenes with Quarles. his reactions to everything have been priceless.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season was pretty amazing, and I agree Quarles isn't quite up to Mags - although he and Duffy together come close. Quarles is so slimy-creepy-narcissistic, and being written and played beautifully.
Mr. Limehouse looked like he had tremendous potential as a cold, savage, savvy antagonist initially, but he seems a little muddy to me now -- however, I suspect they're just laying ductwork and maybe he'll be next season's Mags.

agreed on Limehouse. He's definitely gotten a little muddy, but i have enough faith in these writers to believe it's all part of the plan. They also may have bit off a little more than they could chew this season introducing two powerhouses with Quarles and Limehouse at the same time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
holy crap... Michael FREAKING Ironside just walked into Justified!

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have about 4 or 5 episodes sitting unwatched on my DVR.

I loved the show the last two years, but something about this season never grabbed me. I'm sure I'll go back and watch them at some point, but right now I'm not itching to hit play on it.