Jurassic World: Dominion

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill to return for 'major roles' in 'Jurassic World 3'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...rn-sam-neill-jeff-goldblum-return/2437851001/

Some familiar faces are making a return to the "Jurassic" franchise.

Speaking to an audience attending a "Jurassic World" screening presented Tuesday night by entertainment outlet Collider, director Colin Trevorrow made a special announcement to fans: Laura Dern, who was also in attendance, would play a "major role, not a cameo" in the upcoming "Jurassic World 3."

And Dern had more good news.

"I'm so excited. ... I love dinosaurs and I love that you love them like we do. And if it's not too much," she said, turning to Trevorrow, "if I'm going to get to join this party again, I would hate to not bring my friends Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum. Is that OK with you?"

"Yeah, let's do it," Trevorrow said. "Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern are returning in major roles in 'Jurassic World 3.' "

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Laura Dern, Jeff Goldblum and Sam Neill to return for 'major roles' in 'Jurassic World 3'

https://www.usatoday.com/story/ente...rn-sam-neill-jeff-goldblum-return/2437851001/

Speaking to an audience attending a "Jurassic World" screening presented Tuesday night by entertainment outlet Collider, director Colin Trevorrow made a special announcement to fans: Laura Dern, who was also in attendance, would play a "major role, not a cameo" in the upcoming "Jurassic World 3."

"I'm so excited. ... I love dinosaurs and I love that you love them like we do. And if it's not too much," she said, turning to Trevorrow, "if I'm going to get to join this party again, I would hate to not bring my friends Sam Neill and Jeff Goldblum. Is that OK with you?"

"Yeah, let's do it," Trevorrow said. "Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum and Laura Dern are returning in major roles in 'Jurassic World 3.' "

I guess I'll wait and see but I can't imagine anything they can do at this point that won't seem way too much.

Great book, original movie was great, I even liked the first Jurassic World.

But I can't see a need for this movie. Hope I'm wrong but i expect it will be fairly unnecessary.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yes. Lets destroy this just like jurassic park. Brilliant.

IMO JP1 and even JW1 were really good. Cranking out this lame ass sequels is weird. I guess people watch them though :shrug:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I guess I'll wait and see but I can't imagine anything they can do at this point that won't seem way too much.

Great book, original movie was great, I even liked the first Jurassic World.

But I can't see a need for this movie. Hope I'm wrong but i expect it will be fairly unnecessary.
???

It can be argued that ANY piece of entertainment can be "fairly" unnecessary. Seriously doubt there were many people in 1972 that said, "Phew, FINALLY we get that mobster epic we've all been waiting for!"

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
???

It can be argued that ANY piece of entertainment can be "fairly" unnecessary. Seriously doubt there were many people in 1972 that said, "Phew, FINALLY we get that mobster epic we've all been waiting for!"

the point of 2 was to get the Dino's off the island. I asume the point of 3 is to show us what happens when they're off the island unless they go down the plot of the cloned girl.

Part of why I didn't like Kingdom was they changed the plot of the original, suddenly Hammond had this rich partner and at some point along the way they had a falling out because the guy wanted to clone his dead daughter and Hammond didn't agree with it. I've read the books, I've seen all the movies, it really annoyed me that they just threw in a character and changed everything. Maybe that's just me.

I guess maybe 3 could be good if they show us the consequences of releasing carnivorous dinosaurs into the modern world. But them bringing back the original cast makes me think they get that some fans were really annoyed by the new character line in Kingdom so they're trying to integrate that plotline into the original.

I will still see it, and I'm aware they had planned all along to make a trilogy, I just can't imagine how it will be good.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
the point of 2 was to get the Dino's off the island. I asume the point of 3 is to show us what happens when they're off the island unless they go down the plot of the cloned girl.

Part of why I didn't like Kingdom was they changed the plot of the original, suddenly Hammond had this rich partner and at some point along the way they had a falling out because the guy wanted to clone his dead daughter and Hammond didn't agree with it. I've read the books, I've seen all the movies, it really annoyed me that they just threw in a character and changed everything. Maybe that's just me.

I guess maybe 3 could be good if they show us the consequences of releasing carnivorous dinosaurs into the modern world. But them bringing back the original cast makes me think they get that some fans were really annoyed by the new character line in Kingdom so they're trying to integrate that plotline into the original.

I will still see it, and I'm aware they had planned all along to make a trilogy, I just can't imagine how it will be good.
I just thought 2 wasn't a very good movie, regardless of the plot. I think there is something to the idea of what the world would be like if dinosaurs had free reign. The movies have teased it with the end of Lost World and with Fallen Kingdom, but we haven't seen real world consequences. That's one of the reasons why the short film that was released a couple days ago is so good. There's a lot of story out there -- the key is telling it right. I love the idea of adding Grant, Sadler and Malcolm to the cast. All 3 of them will likely be better than Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just thought 2 wasn't a very good movie, regardless of the plot. I think there is something to the idea of what the world would be like if dinosaurs had free reign. The movies have teased it with the end of Lost World and with Fallen Kingdom, but we haven't seen real world consequences. That's one of the reasons why the short film that was released a couple days ago is so good. There's a lot of story out there -- the key is telling it right. I love the idea of adding Grant, Sadler and Malcolm to the cast. All 3 of them will likely be better than Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard.

That could be good but I guess we'll have to see. And maybe it's also because that was essentially the plot of Meg which I also read (and saw the movie) although that was just a big shark not land and sea dinos.

I liked JW, I didn't like Fallen Kingdom the hey let's invent a character and tie him into the original just bugged me.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
The first of the re-boots just plain sucked. It made Vincent D'Onofrio seem like a bad actor, the writing was so bad. Vincent D'Onofrio! So they're making a third? Yawn.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The short they just released was good. Excited to see the original cast back together if they do it right. Just seems like not enough screen time for Pratt, Howard and the original cast.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The short they just released was good. Excited to see the original cast back together if they do it right. Just seems like not enough screen time for Pratt, Howard and the original cast.
Well, this is my least favorite Chris Pratt role, so I wouldn't have a problem with less of him.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sort of a "team up" scenario for this movie past and present (a la Spiderman without the alternative universe). I hope it's good.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I saw this last night as the 2nd part of a double feature, with the first Jurassic Park being the first movie. A lot of fun.

Critics are eviscerating Dominion (34% for Critics, 80% for audience), but it was way, way better than the 2nd movie and maybe better than the 1st as well. Why? The original cast. I was really surprised that the original cast weren't thrown in there as cameos, they definitely were 50% of the movie, with Pratt and Howard being the other 50%.

I'll be honest, I enjoyed Dominion. A lot of callbacks and they have more different species' of dinosaur in this one than the previous movies. The set pieces were good and of course, there was a lot of CGI, but it wasn't bad. Even the "kid" actor was good in this one, a big change from previous movies. They also didn't play up that Chris Pratt is buddies with raptors. Thank goodness, that was the dumbest thing about the World movies.

I will say that controversially, the best part of BOTH those movies is Laura Dern. I've seen Jurassic Park many times, but it really stood out to me just how good she was in that movie.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jurassic World: Dominion

Release Date: June 10, 2022
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Colin Trevorrow
MPAA Rating: PG-13 for intense sequences of action, some violence and language
Screenwriters: Emily Carmichael, Colin Trevorrow, Derek Connolly
Genre: Action | Adventure |Sci-Fi

Starring: Chris Pratt, Bryce Dallas Howard, Laura Dern, Sam Neill, Jeff Goldblum, DeWanda Wise, Mamoudou Athie, Isabella Sermon, Campbell Scott, BD Wong, Omar Sy, Kristoffer Polaha

Plot Summary: Four years after the destruction of Isla Nublar, dinosaurs now live--and hunt--alongside humans all over the world. This fragile balance will reshape the future and determine, once and for all, whether human beings are to remain the apex predators on a planet they now share with history's most fearsome creatures in a New Era.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big opening weekend of 142 million. Higher than forecasted, bad reviews be damned.

People are really jonesing to go back and see big movies in theaters again.

Also, Maverick held up really well also pulling in 50 million in week 3. Only down 44%. That sucker has an outside shot at 600 this summer.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave