Jurassic World: Dominion

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Big opening weekend of 142 million. Higher than forecasted, bad reviews be damned.

People are really jonesing to go back and see big movies in theaters again.

Also, Maverick held up really well also pulling in 50 million in week 3. Only down 44%. That sucker has an outside shot at 600 this summer.

Looking like it’s going to be a billion dollar month for the movies.

Safe to say the movies are all the way back

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A little sloppy. Seems like all the good writers have moved to TV series... Kevin Bacon elaborated on this a little on hot ones. Thought of that immediately after the film. Popcorn was good though.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
My family took me to see it on Father’s Day. We all loved it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Holy hunk of steaming poop!

I’ll always see these movies, but this one was just flat out putrid. Storyline awful, meaningless characters, tried to squeeze in too many main characters bringing the original cast back that there was not enough film time to develop anyone’s character arc. The big baddy sucked, the solution was too easy, and for the first time I felt like the Dino scenes were really just meh.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I’ll always see these movies, but this one was just flat out putrid. Storyline awful, meaningless characters, tried to squeeze in too many main characters bringing the original cast back that there was not enough film time to develop anyone’s character arc. The big baddy sucked, the solution was too easy, and for the first time I felt like the Dino scenes were really just meh.
It's obviously been a while since you've seen Fallen Kingdom. That one was much worse than Dominion.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Agree. Easily the worst in the franchise.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's obviously been a while since you've seen Fallen Kingdom. That one was much worse than Dominion.
I wasn't a fan of Lost World either. The only redeeming quality that film had was JG.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of Lost World either. The only redeeming quality that film had was JG.
I had never seen this and DVR’d it a month ago and finally gave it a whirl last week. It’s got a couple really good set-pieces, but overall, it’s pretty bad.

The definition of a sweaty sequel.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I believe your words when I noted the awful reviews and questioned choosing this as the movie to rent a theater for were:

“Who cares? Big screen. Dinosaurs.”

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I believe your words when I noted the awful reviews and questioned choosing this as the movie to rent a theater for were:

“Who cares? Big screen. Dinosaurs.”
And I stand by it. I’d still go see another one of these. And I was entertained enough not to be pissed off and leave. But it was still a horrible movie.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched it on Peacock last night. It got better closer to the end but I thought overall it was terrible and had me really hoping this is the last one.

The whole thing with the locusts was bad and basically the appeal of the movie was remember how cool the first one was we're going to try and make you remember that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched it on Peacock last night. It got better closer to the end but I thought overall it was terrible and had me really hoping this is the last one.

The whole thing with the locusts was bad and basically the appeal of the movie was remember how cool the first one was we're going to try and make you remember that.
The power of dinosaurs on the silver screen really is incredible. I mean, this is a franchise that is six deep, where the first one is great but the next five are basically bad to terrible.

Yet ALL are HUGE money makers. Especially these last three where there’s not a good film amongst them. It’s purely Dino’s and IP driving the market.