June 1st cuts

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
Anyone hear anything on who we may be eyeing? I am in Florida and haven't heard anything here... Any more word about Robinson? Did his agent get contacted liked Graves said?

Houdini

Registered
Reaction score
Rumor has DT Keith Traylor being cut in Chicago. He was pretty good before injuries set in last year. I have no idea how good he is anymore.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Houdini
Rumor has DT Keith Traylor being cut in Chicago. He was pretty good before injuries set in last year. I have no idea how good he is anymore.

Actually he started 15 games last year...missed the season ending one. His effectiveness was limited by some injuries he played through but effected more by the absence of Ted Washington who went out in week 4 if I remember correctly. Alfonso Boone wasn't taking the heat off and Traylor was facing more double teams in the middle

Rumor has been for some time he would be a salary cap casualty but I had always figured that would hinge on who the Bears drafted and they didn't draft a DT until round 4. I had anticipated they would grab one high but they didn't. Now they may be forced to keep him...or get him to restructure.

He only had one sack...which is really about his career average. He will be starting his 12th year (I think) in the NFL so I would worry about his health...but he also isn;t an every down DT. More a run stuffer type.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
I would be surprised if we signed Robinson after all the WR's we have aquired lately...

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Originally posted by SMAC
For a list of possible June 1st cuts go to www.ninerfanatic.com

Well any chance of that list being anything close to true was blown out when they have Duane Starks listed as a possible June 1st cut for the Cardinals.

Then they have other speculative releases like Jon Kitna, Mark Brunell, Chad Scott, Martin Grammatica, Tim Couch, Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent...I just don't buy any of them being released.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I heard on KDUS that Troy Vincent signed a new 7 year contract...I think they said Vincent...whoever plays saftey for the Eagles

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
I heard on KDUS that Troy Vincent signed a new 7 year contract...I think they said Vincent...whoever plays saftey for the Eagles

I think they meant Brian Dawkins??

He's a bad ass.

RedStorm

Next NY Gov
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zeno
Well any chance of that list being anything close to true was blown out when they have Duane Starks listed as a possible June 1st cut for the Cardinals.

Then they have other speculative releases like Jon Kitna, Mark Brunell, Chad Scott, Martin Grammatica, Tim Couch, Bobby Taylor and Troy Vincent...I just don't buy any of them being released.

No way Starks get's dumped. Who would we have play CB. He had a bad year last yr but, I believe, that was in part to having no pass rush.

I hope we can "Pick up the Pace" with pressuring the QB.
That will make a world of difference.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It was Dawkins.

IMO, the best "possible June 1 cut" we could possibly acquire is Dan Wilkinson. He has been vastly underrated for his entire career.

Hell, no one on the Cards has ever been able to handle him. it'd be worth it to sign him just so we didn't have to play against him anymore.

Ed B

The Matt Joyce of Posting
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by RedStorm
No way Starks get's dumped. Who would we have play CB. He had a bad year last yr but, I believe, that was in part to having no pass rush.

I hope we can "Pick up the Pace" with pressuring the QB.
That will make a world of difference.
Great point. People need to lay off Starks. Night Train Lane and Deion Sanders couldn't have covered anyone behind our pass rush (and I use that term loosely) last year.

pinnacle

Reaction score
Ed: I was touting dan wilkinson a month or so ago when it seemed he would be cut after june 1st..but somehow washington got back under the cap..and they have very few roookies to sign ..so at this stage they can sign their rookies and stay under the cap...lets hope spurrier and snyder feel the need to go out and overpay someone else...if they add no one else to their roster - probably will not cut wilkinson...Big daddy is only 30 - so unlike alot of the other guys out there (gilbert brown, mcglockton, etc) wilkinson at least should have a year or two of prime play left...I hope he becomes available..

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ed B
It was Dawkins.

IMO, the best "possible June 1 cut" we could possibly acquire is Dan Wilkinson. He has been vastly underrated for his entire career.

Hell, no one on the Cards has ever been able to handle him. it'd be worth it to sign him just so we didn't have to play against him anymore.

Dan Wilkinson would be a great addition

A front four of Pace or DJ/Bryant/Wilkinson/KVB doesn't look too bad.

pinnacle

Reaction score
I think the 49er fanantic guy was just looking for guys with big cap hits who may be candidates...For some teams that are out or near the salary cap - his suggestions make sense...for someone like the cardinals who are $13 mill under the cap after the rookie pool...we will not have to cut anyone...I think the list is a good guide for the 6 - 8 teams that have to cut players to sign their rookie pool...probably not reality for the other teams...