Juan Roque

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who in the hell thought it would be a good idea to give this guy a job as a commentator? Whoever it is, they should be arrested and charged with a felony. :mad:

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow. We are on the exact same page.

Two threads about him posted at the exact same time. :head2head:

Seriously though, who could listen to this guy for more than 2 minutes and think he should be on the air? I know he was on the Rose Bowl team, but damn, I can't think of a worse commentator ever.

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
I like how he goes into great detail regarding the fact you only need one foot in bounds in college - I'm glad he cleared up that issue. I'm fully expecting a "boom goes the dynamite" moment any minute now...

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who in the hell thought it would be a good idea to give this guy a job as a commentator? Whoever it is, they should be arrested and charged with a felony. :mad:
Probably the same guy that hired Tim Healey:bang:
You're on RADIO Tim!!!, not TV!! Whats the freakin score!!!!
I don't care where the 3rd string LB's little brother went to high school!!
There's a football game going on!!!
rant over

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Yeah, I mentioned how awful he was last week and he wasn't any better this week. Plus he has a worse voice than Wolfley and thats hard to do.

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Petros sucks too, but Roque makes him sound like a genius by comparison.

Oh you guys are way too critical of Roque. If it weren't for him I wouldn't know the difference between NFL and NCAA rules and I wouldn't have any idea what a timing route was (although he says they look better in practice) or what a true freshman was. :sarcasm:

He had me begging for Screaming Petros Papadookie

OP
OP
ajcardfan

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh you guys are way too critical of Roque. If it weren't for him I wouldn't know the difference between NFL and NCAA rules and I wouldn't have any idea what a timing route was (although he says they look better in practice) or what a true freshman was. :sarcasm:

You're right, maybe we are too hard on him. For example, I never knew that "YAC" actually meant "yards after carry"! And, here I was, thinking the C stood for "contact" all this time. :sarcasm:

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Probably the same guy that hired Tim Healey:bang:
You're on RADIO Tim!!!, not TV!! Whats the freakin score!!!!
I don't care where the 3rd string LB's little brother went to high school!!
There's a football game going on!!!
rant over
:yeahthat:I know a lot of ASU fans that really like Healy but I don't like him at all. I've mostly listened to him during basketball season and it's terrible. He tell you someone scored but not if it was a layup or a 15' jumper. He'll be going on about something that has nothing to do with the game and then say, "and Harden scores" or something like that. I've listened when he's rambled through entire possesions without mentioning them at all.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Forced to choose the lesser of two two irritants, Roque or Healy, I muted Roque. We really do have horrible broadcasters.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Roque is just terrible. What a shame too, he is an ASU guy. I actually like Petro. If we want to get real, there are only a handful of announcers that are excellent - and none of them are employed by FSN.

BTW, how bad were Mike, Mike, and Mike last night for ESPN's MNF (2nd game). that was so bad I felt dirty listening to it.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
ASU's always had a weird vibe in this respect. The video production, the announcers... I don't know what it is but the whole thing feels like high school football.

HooverDam

Reaction score
ASU's always had a weird vibe in this respect. The video production, the announcers... I don't know what it is but the whole thing feels like high school football.

Huh? You do realize ASUs tv broadcasts are done by FSN, ASU can't really control the quality. The video production ASU actually does pay for through their marketing dept. (often done by local company True Story Films) looks beyond fantastic and is of the utmost professional quality.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Im with ya.. It doesnt feel like your watching a college team play.. It looks very odd..

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Petros Papadakis is better on the radio. When I was living in LA, he had a radio show called "Money and Petros" with Matt "Money" Smith. The two seem to compliment eachother well and could finish eachother's sentences. Other than that, he is average on FSN