Jordan Hicks given permission by team to seek trade

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
people bitch about simmons barely getting playing time last year but now bitching that we are going to thrust these two into the defense. Cant win.

#8 pick in the draft and a hugely coveted top-end talent vs a small school mid-round pick who was in no one's top 10. Big difference there.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Sure.

What is the mid career vet says I want no part of this?
I’ll admit I assume hicks was told Collins is starting. If so, you’ve already bitten off your nose to spite your face. If hicks was just told there would be competition or if he’s just pissy bc they drafted an ILB, well then I agree you’re backed into a bit of a corner. But you still aren’t forced to trade him. You hold his rights.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Only remember seeing the back of his jersey as a TE was running free downfield
I think all these comments are funny considering how much we improved against TEs last year.

Hicks didn’t have a great year last year. He had a pretty good season the year prior. I’m no Hicks fan, and I’m excited about Collins. But people that think hicks is trash are off base.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think all these comments are funny considering how much we improved against TEs last year.

Hicks didn’t have a great year last year. He had a pretty good season the year prior. I’m no Hicks fan, and I’m excited about Collins. But people that think hicks is trash are off base.

He hasn't been good even the year before

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll admit I assume hicks was told Collins is starting. If so, you’ve already bitten off your nose to spite your face. If hicks was just told there would be competition or if he’s just pissy bc they drafted an ILB, well then I agree you’re backed into a bit of a corner. But you still aren’t forced to trade him. You hold his rights.

You do but, as we all know, if the draft pick or him starting is a major emotional blow to hicks, you do not hold him here if he wants to leave. That would do nothing but create negative vibes in the locker room.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You do but, as we all know, if the draft pick or him starting is a major emotional blow to hicks, you do not hold him here if he wants to leave. That would do nothing but create negative vibes in the locker room.

Agree but I don't see anyone trading for him

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sucks to lose hicks decent player

Im kind of iffy on collins starting right out of gate if this is simmons 2.0 so far.... kiem or joseph or both if cards suck this yr need to go! 1 more shot

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Now please raise your hand if you think hicks would (a) holdout; or (b) damage his value by not playing hard when on the field.

If you raised your hand I think you’re nuts. This isn’t a guy who has made gargantuan amounts of money and he’s still got years of play ahead of him.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sucks to lose hicks decent player

Im kind of iffy on collins starting right out of gate if this is simmons 2.0 so far.... kiem or joseph or both if cards suck this yr need to go! 1 more shot

Tallejo played lot better then Hicks last year , solid back up

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With the few opportunities he got he looked faster, quicker and covered much more ground, hicks was opponent rb's and tigh end Santa Claus
I am not a Joseph fan but you must think he’s a total idiot with that snap discrepancy.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
:shrug:

Unless you have two raw ILBs. You dont just follow a general guidance when you have an abnormal situation. But, you know, we could keep the guy who is declining and not playing great just because of a green dot?

Spare me the conclusion. I'm not suggesting we keep Hicks but simply that 'D' calls usually go to a LB.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Spare me the conclusion. I'm not suggesting we keep Hicks but simply that 'D' calls usually go to a LB.

I simply said a safety can handle D calls and you decided to quote me and say usually MLBs have the green dot which is obvious info. Not sure where you are going with this.

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don’t think he is trash. He seemed to start both seasons off OK, but teams figured him out and was exposed, and frankly just looked slower as year went on. Made some big plays but just as much poor ones

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I don’t think he is trash. He seemed to start both seasons off OK, but teams figured him out and was exposed, and frankly just looked slower as year went on. Made some big plays but just as much poor ones

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Relying on two young LBers eh Keim? Good luck

Sent from my Pixel 4a (5G) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose