OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You made the post that showed racism in the arrest. The whole arrest is political.
So? It can be discussed here without going full P&R. I mod this forum and allow quite a bit.
Racism is racism. Doesn't make the discussion political until you start painting entire groups of people as racists.
We're talking about 6 officers who responded to a call.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"We have provided the District Attorney with irrefutable evidence that the woman is lying, including video proof showing nothing happened, especially not where she claimed," she said. "We did this with the explicit promise from the DA that they would not 'fix' their case and change it as we proved the woman is lying."

Ok, TMZ, let's see the video!

I am so glad I am not dating anyone. I think in today's world you need to wear a body cam on dates, and use disclaimers for any actions you may want to take. "Is it positively OK if I kiss you?" "May I hold your hand?" Probably need some legal paperwork for them to sign prior to the date.
Anything ever happens to my wife; I'd be a bachelor for the rest of my life. I already felt that way, but seeing all the craziness out there and hearing stories from single friends and co-workers I now know that plan is solid.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So? It can be discussed here without going full P&R. I mod this forum and allow quite a bit.
Racism is racism. Doesn't make the discussion political until you start painting entire groups of people as racists.
We're talking about 6 officers who responded to a call.
And it is an on-going national problem of racism in policing and how minorities get targeted.

Conservatives keep wanting to excuse it as isolated issues and are unable or unwilling to to admit that it is a systematic national problem.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And it is an on-going national problem of racism in policing and how minorities get targeted.

Conservatives keep wanting to excuse it as isolated issues and are unable or unwilling to to admit that it is a systematic national problem.
His lawyer is the one bringing race into it. Same situation could have happened if all involved were white, black, or some other race. It is much more of a he said/she said situation. The officers instantly felt she must have been injured by the buff man whose place she was found inside. They made assumptions and steered the case toward his arrest. Very thankful that they were wearing body cams to capture the discussions with both Majors and his ex.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real shame in all of this is how much evidence (including video evidence) the defense has that things did not happen as the ex-girlfriend claims (even though she was drunk, took sleeping pills, etc. and had no clue what happened to her) yet their court appearance is still some time away. Majors entire acting career and life in general has been put on hold indefinitely. He has lost work and a major studio moved their movie release dates because they need this resolved before they can go forward with him as a keystone to some of their projects. Even if he wins his case this will likely always follow him as false claims usually do. Hopefully there are some consequences or jail time for her if it can be proven she made false claims, but nothing will likely come of it if the past is any indication. With all of the evidence to support Majors it is surprising that the prosecution does not simply drop their case.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anything ever happens to my wife; I'd be a bachelor for the rest of my life. I already felt that way, but seeing all the craziness out there and hearing stories from single friends and co-workers I now know that plan is solid.
If something ever happened to my wife, I wouldn't get married again but I'd definitely date.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

OOF.

During this three-month investigation, Rolling Stone spoke with more than 40 people who have known Majors during his time in graduate school, his Hollywood career, and his romantic relationships. Many describe Majors as being a complicated, unpredictable, and sometimes violent man, who can switch from charming to cold in a flash. (All of the sources for this article requested anonymity, citing fear of career repercussions and personal retribution from Majors. Some claim they were prohibited from speaking. “My only response can be that I am silenced by an NDA he had me sign,” says one person who worked with Majors.)

Their stories suggest a pattern of alleged physical, mental, and emotional abuse that dates back a decade to Majors’ time at Yale’s David Geffen School of Drama — where he was involved in physical altercations — and continued to the sets of his movies and TV shows, where production members raised concerns over his treatment of crew.

“Jonathan Majors vehemently denies Rolling Stone’s false allegations that he physically, verbally, or emotionally abused anyone, let alone any of his past romantic partners,” Majors’ attorney, Dustin A. Pusch, wrote in a statement. “These allegations are based entirely on hearsay because neither of the romantic partners referenced were willing to engage with Rolling Stone for the article—demonstrating their outright falsity.” Pusch added that Majors “also denies any allegations of abuse, violence, or intimidation during his time at Yale.”
Most seriously, more than a dozen sources collectively claim to Rolling Stone that Majors allegedly abused two romantic partners — one physically, both of them emotionally. “It was pervasively known that he was [a good actor], and that he also would terrorize the people that he had dated,” one of those sources says.

Majors allegedly strangled one woman he was dating, and was mentally and emotionally abusive with her, nine of those sources claim. The second woman allegedly told friends that her relationship with Majors was “emotional torture.”

Those who are friends with the women or were present during their relationships with Majors independently corroborated details of the alleged abuse. Throughout conversations with Rolling Stone, they describe feeling alarmed by what they witnessed at the time or what they were told by the women.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

OOF.

During this three-month investigation, Rolling Stone spoke with more than 40 people who have known Majors during his time in graduate school, his Hollywood career, and his romantic relationships. Many describe Majors as being a complicated, unpredictable, and sometimes violent man, who can switch from charming to cold in a flash. (All of the sources for this article requested anonymity, citing fear of career repercussions and personal retribution from Majors. Some claim they were prohibited from speaking. “My only response can be that I am silenced by an NDA he had me sign,” says one person who worked with Majors.)

Their stories suggest a pattern of alleged physical, mental, and emotional abuse that dates back a decade to Majors’ time at Yale’s David Geffen School of Drama — where he was involved in physical altercations — and continued to the sets of his movies and TV shows, where production members raised concerns over his treatment of crew.

“Jonathan Majors vehemently denies Rolling Stone’s false allegations that he physically, verbally, or emotionally abused anyone, let alone any of his past romantic partners,” Majors’ attorney, Dustin A. Pusch, wrote in a statement. “These allegations are based entirely on hearsay because neither of the romantic partners referenced were willing to engage with Rolling Stone for the article—demonstrating their outright falsity.” Pusch added that Majors “also denies any allegations of abuse, violence, or intimidation during his time at Yale.”
Most seriously, more than a dozen sources collectively claim to Rolling Stone that Majors allegedly abused two romantic partners — one physically, both of them emotionally. “It was pervasively known that he was [a good actor], and that he also would terrorize the people that he had dated,” one of those sources says.

Majors allegedly strangled one woman he was dating, and was mentally and emotionally abusive with her, nine of those sources claim. The second woman allegedly told friends that her relationship with Majors was “emotional torture.”

Those who are friends with the women or were present during their relationships with Majors independently corroborated details of the alleged abuse. Throughout conversations with Rolling Stone, they describe feeling alarmed by what they witnessed at the time or what they were told by the women.
Is Rolling Stone bucking for another lawsuit? They don’t have the best track record.

Anonymous sources equals BS story IMO.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's almost like it's a multiverse time travel thing going on here....

This would be even funnier if real lives and careers weren't at stake. (not a dig at you, Yuma. Your point is spot on!)

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
misdemeanors? I thought this started off with potential felony charges?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow this prosecutor is taking a hard gamble with their entire career here. You have spent all this time and money to come up with a couple misdemeanors?

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow this prosecutor is taking a hard gamble with their entire career here. You have spent all this time and money to come up with a couple misdemeanors?

Something definitely seems fishy with all of this.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard