John Skelton's audible call on Hightower's 2nd touchdown.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even more than the arm strength and poise Skelton showed, I was most impressed that Skelton recognized the defensive alignment and called an audible on Hightower's 2nd touchdown.

John Gruden was beside himself during the Monday Night game when the Cardinals (with Anderson under center) constantly were calling run plays right into the run blitz. It now appears that DA was not recognizing the run blitz and just going with the original call even if it meant running straight into the run blitz. I may be wrong, but it sure appears on the Hightower 2nd touchdown that John Skelton saw something and audibled out of the original call and the end result was a 35 yard touchdown.

Skelton does seem to be amazingly calm in the pocket. That is a very encouraging sign.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
When I saw the title of this thread, I started to rack my brain to think of one play that Derek Anderson audibled out of...I honestly can't remember him changing the play at the line of scrimmage.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
Last edited:

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Toast scored a 35 on the wonderlic, McNabb was somewhere around a 13, Eli Manning a 39, Brett Favre a 22.

As fascinating as the test is, it really means nothing.

Reaction score
Toast scored a 35 on the wonderlic, McNabb was somewhere around a 13, Eli Manning a 39, Brett Favre a 22.

If it meant nothing, I don't think the NFL would bother with it. It evidently means something to some.

High talent + high Wonderlic = good prospect
High talent + low Wonderlic = possibly good
Low talent + high Wonderlic = back-up
Low talent + low Wonderlic = Derek Anderson

:cool:

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score

There are exceptions to every rule. The Wonderlic is an IQ test. A high score shows that someone is sharp and a quick thinker. These are attributes which help a QB. They aren't the only ones that matter so guys like McNabb can overcome them. But guys like McNabb will also end up "not knowing a game could end in a tie."

titan

i hate the farm
Reaction score
:lmao::lmao:
There are exceptions to every rule. The Wonderlic is an IQ test. A high score shows that someone is sharp and a quick thinker. These are attributes which help a QB. They aren't the only ones that matter so guys like McNabb can overcome them. But guys like McNabb will also end up "not knowing a game could end in a tie."

:lmao: end in a tie....

Bobcat

Reaction score
RANK POS NAME COLLEGE SCORE

13. SS Myron Rolle Florida State 33

Remember this guy is a Rhodes Scholar; and is goping to be a Neuro-Surgeon.
Russ Grimms son scored a 36.

:);)

gnomepete

Registered
Reaction score
If you've never taken a wonderlic test, a LOT of it is about SPEED and accuracy.

Pete

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard