Jedd Fisch'er of men

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
$6-7 million reasons.
I dont think that’ll be enough to lure Jedd away. Arizona is actively redoing his contract as we speak and numbers thrown out there are at or near that figure.

Based on what I’ve heard roughly an hour ago, I would put the probability of Jedd staying next season at 95%.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Jedd and his wife have a lot of roots in Manhattan Beach. That’s a driver. Although that would be a get the bag and get fired in five years type decision. Of course it is Manhattan Beach.

But remember he briefly was the HC at UCLA. He knows about as well as anyone the limitations of that program historically let alone once they go to the Big 10. He also gets that there’s a ton of clear skies in the Big 12 which could lead to the interest from a blue blood or the NFL in a few years.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I have a contact that is in the know for UCLA.

Chip was going to be fired until he beat USC.

Then last night happened against Cal. He'll be fired within 24 hours.

UCLA is going to throw generational wealth at Fisch. He'll take his defensive coordinator with him.

Possible pay will be up to $7 million a year.
Sauces

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Glad my guy was wrong. UCLA and Chip deserve each other. Lol.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
UCLA did actually used to be a good football school. But that was 25 years ago or so, and began to taper off around the Cade McNown era. Since then, their football program has mostly bounced between being okay and really disappointing.

TJ

Reaction score
UCLA and Rutgers about to be besties in the Big-10 cellar

TJ

Reaction score
I’ll put this out there:

Fisch has already agreed in principle to a deal for himself. Unsure of the money and length, but incentives could put him near $6 mil/year. His motivation now is getting adequate funding for his staff. So far, it was reported that the staff is going to get $4.8mil this year and $5.2 next. Likely to be done by end of the week.

And I can corroborate @jf-08 report. UCLA put out a feeler for Jedd before making a decision on Chip, but UCLA was told “thanks, but no thanks.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Jedd deserves $10m a year for what he’s doing.

Took over a team that was in the middle of a 2 year winless stretch and 2 years later they're 10-3, probably finishing in the top 10 for the first time in 25 years.

Unbelievable.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also, how did Fisch even get on their radar to be hired in the first place? His resume is crazy... not that it is bad, but he'd never been a HC and was all over the country.

@TJ Any input on how we stumbled upon this diamond in the rough?

TJ

Reaction score
Also, how did Fisch even get on their radar to be hired in the first place? His resume is crazy... not that it is bad, but he'd never been a HC and was all over the country.

Fisch was a patient of Dr. Robbins

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

Robbins wanted him when we hired Sumlin. Boosters shot it down.

Robbins wanted him again after firing Sumlin while the boosters wanted Brennan at SJSU. This time he told the boosters to kick rocks.

I was totally wrong on Fisch too admittedly. Thought it would be a disaster but I went to a booster event in his first year and came away thinking he was extremely impressive in how he approached modern college football in recruiting, development, donor engagement, etc. He's a very smart and thoughtful guy.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Probably could have should have been 12-1. Boy they missed Montoya their starting left tackle last night. Hopefully they clean that up next year,

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Probably could have should have been 12-1. Boy they missed Montoya their starting left tackle last night. Hopefully they clean that up next year,
Would of won the Mississippi State game if Noah had played. Btw, I think you meant Jordan Morgan, who was the left tackle who sat out last night.

I won't be surprised if Fisch gets some big-time transfers after last night's win. But first, Jedd needs to get a raise and they need to make sure Fifita and McMillan get a nice NIL raise.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson