Jedd Fisch'er of men

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Good hire for Washington. He did a great job turning around the mess that UA football program was prior. As a Michigan fan, I was actually hoping he would be on their short list if Harbaugh leaves.

But you had to know he wasn't really going to be at UA for long if he had any success at all at making them relevant. He has a loooong history of leaving for bigger and better things, and he obviously knew that any success at Arizona was likely to be ephemeral and difficult to sustain.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an ASU fan and alum, I have nothing but respect for Jedd. He is a classy man and does things the right way. And he did one hell of a job down south in making them the PowerHouse that they were this past year and rebuilding the program over the past few years.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an ASU fan and alum, I have nothing but respect for Jedd. He is a classy man and does things the right way. And he did one hell of a job down south in making them the PowerHouse that they were this past year and rebuilding the program over the past few years.
I kind of recant what I said after reading what @TJ said.

Sounds like he John Coopered you guys.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You see that UW tweet? Totally classless way to treat folks who saved ya from a lifetime of being a football nomad.

Is what it is though. If you ain’t SEC you’re nothing nowadays.
I didn't see the tweet except if your are referring to the one from Justin Spears.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I didn't see the tweet except if your are referring to the one from Justin Spears.

I don’t blame him for taking the better job for more money but that contract video was cringe as hell.
-
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Jason Scheer saying Fisch is likely to take 12 to 15 Arizona players with him to Washington. Likely all the big name guys and a few other starters and key backups. Welcome to the new reality in college sports, Arizona football program.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If they want to keep much of the roster intact they probably need to promote Carroll to HC, if they don't he is sure to follow Jed to Seattle.

OP
OP
Phrazbit

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He got The bag at UW, but he did Arizona dirty behind the scenes

It feels like this could have been avoided if Arizona had been faster about getting the extension locked up. Should have been done a month ago.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It feels like this could have been avoided if Arizona had been faster about getting the extension locked up. Should have been done a month ago.
Probably not. Contract was agreed upon and just needed to be signed.

As for doing the school and players dirty, don’t tell boosters and players you’re not taking the job and then take it moments later. He screwed over so many people internally. Dude is scum.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The guy has been a journeyman for just about ever. Should be zero surprise. ....and it's U of A.... Who cares? lol

TJ

Reaction score
If you want to know how all of this transpired, listen to this podcast. Jedd is freaking scum.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Man I get that people get emotional about the college sports but did he purposefully do anything to cost anyone their livelihood other than taking another job? Calling a man scum in the collegiate sports environment is kinda lame imo.

What it boils down to is that it ducks to cheer for a stepping stone university these days. You get something good you ain’t holding onto it.

And nothing is ever done until a contract is signed, and even then there’s always outs.

TJ

Reaction score
Man I get that people get emotional about the college sports but did he purposefully do anything to cost anyone their livelihood other than taking another job? Calling a man scum in the collegiate sports environment is kinda lame imo.

What it boils down to is that it ducks to cheer for a stepping stone university these days. You get something good you ain’t holding onto it.

And nothing is ever done until a contract is signed, and even then there’s always outs.
Not sure how to be nice to a guy who was literally telling people up until the minute he signed with Washington that he wasn’t going. Jedd lied to boosters, the AD, recruits, current players and their parents. If he were honest about his intentions, fine. But don’t play these people for fools

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
The level of naiveté amongst U of A fans is stunning - you've made your first bowl game in 6 games and fans are acting like it's a surprise that Fisch decided to go to a much better job, one of the best in college football.

The whining about the insincerity of college coaches is the cherry on top of the sundae - some people need to touch grass.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Not sure how to be nice to a guy who was literally telling people up until the minute he signed with Washington that he wasn’t going. Jedd lied to boosters, the AD, recruits, current players and their parents. If he were honest about his intentions, fine. But don’t play these people for fools
My sweet summer child...trusting anything a college football coach says IS a fools errand!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you want to know how all of this transpired, listen to this podcast. Jedd is freaking scum.

I listened to this because i thought I’d hear something really awful. Know what i heard? Two really big whiners. I mean the dude was right! You knew who this guy was when he was hired. That woman literally said he’s all marketing. And now she’s big mad that came true? And the promises of family and staying - so literally what every coach says. Gimme a break. And the timing? Blame the ncaa for the timing of you want to whine about players not being able portal (which they would’ve whines about if it was still open). All the stuff they were lauding about Jedd before makes him the devil now. Literally 3 days ago he was an angel. And all this angst about some entitlement to just “one more year” as the expectation? Cmon. If he left next year this podcast would be the same jilted stupidity that it is now. She keeps using the word “liar.” Show me a big time sports coach and I’ll show you a liar. Every kid is made some promise - money, playing time, a shot at a spot, a scholarship - and some are kept and some aren’t.

I don’t know enough about the AD to comment on her scathing statements about him, but he wasn’t going to be able to keep fisch. He went to a better program, in a better conference, with more NIL available, for more money.

This is college sports now. Or really just all big time sports, period. To keep referring to whittingham is stupid. The exception to the rule is your benchmark? I get being mad - but the personal shots - meh. Low class imo.

TJ

Reaction score
My sweet summer child...trusting anything a college football coach says IS a fools errand!
It’s more about how he treated the players and their parents than anyone else.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson