Jaws giving us love

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Says the key to the Cardinals defense is Deone Bucannon. Giving him all kinds of love says the player he reminds him of the most is Troy Polamalu you just never knew where he was going to be.

I thought Bucannon was the best safety in the draft and he hasn't disappointed.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
jaws who is?
dont think bucannon has done something special in red jersey,solid but nothing more

OP
OP
F

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
jaws who is?
dont think bucannon has done something special in red jersey,solid but nothing more

I don't think some fans understand what we ask of him especially him being such a young player. He's pretty much lined up at every single position on defense. Jaws even showed where we put him up on the defensive line. That's insane.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
jaws who is?

Ron Jaworski. Former QB.

Disagree with you somewhat. The comparison to Polamalu is ridic, but I think Jaws was referring to his versatility at that position.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
complete non-sequitur: black jerseys on Sunday. yuck.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Damn, Jaws looks a lot like Nick Foles in that pic!

You must be registered for see images
You must be registered for see images attach

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember last year, there was a lot of bitching (Gambo perhaps?) about Bucannon not playing well, being a wasted pick, etc. Yeah, Gambo was definitely on his case, at least early on. Jackass.

BigRedFan

Registered
Reaction score
Does anyone else remember the 1975 playoff game the Rams beat the Cards 35-23 with Jaworski as QB? One of my earliest games as a Cardinal fan. (I was only 9 but still remember many of the games now)

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Does anyone else remember the 1975 playoff game the Rams beat the Cards 35-23 with Jaworski as QB? One of my earliest games as a Cardinal fan. (I was only 9 but still remember many of the games now)

Yes I do, remember watching it like years at. Too bad we turned the ball over early & often that day :mad:

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I think the Polamolu comparison is pretty flattering. Polamolu is a HOF player with several Championship rings. Both are safeties with great range and very hard hitting.

They probably will never be totally similar in that Deone is bigger and not quite as quick. Polamolu also wasn't asked to play LB consistently like Buchannon has been. On the other hand Polamolu was excellent in coverage, one of the best for a strong safety. Also both were stars and some of the hardest hitting players ever in the PAC-10/12.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I remember last year, there was a lot of bitching (Gambo perhaps?) about Bucannon not playing well, being a wasted pick, etc. Yeah, Gambo was definitely on his case, at least early on. Jackass.

Don't remember that at all and listen pretty much every day. Sounds like you have something against him though lol.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I just read up on Troy and found out that he was actually The Steelers 2nd option at Safety in 2003...they had a deal in place to sign Dexter Jackson, but he backed out and signed with Cards...on draft day, Steelers got Troy with #16, just in front of Cards at #17, after the trades...

What could have been....

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love the black uni's.

I greatly prefer the all-white unis the Cards have. I don't know why they don't use them more. The last time they did, Warner was the QB and the game was in St.Louis.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Don't remember that at all and listen pretty much every day. Sounds like you have something against him though lol.

I might be wrong about it being Gambo, maybe it was one of the other local knuckleheads.

Nothing against him at all, I actually enjoy listening to him, though I hate the format of their show, with zero phone calls and endless blathering on the same topic until beaten to death at times. I like the fact that the dude is opinionated and sticks to his guns, even if I don't always agree with him.

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
I think what Jaws said is that the Cardinals were using him like Polomolu and his versatility is the key to the defense. I don't think he was directly comparing his play to Polomolu.