Jalen Ramsey Requests Trade

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean Ramsey - a guy with NO legal issues ever and got mad at his coach for putting him in a Zone defense when he's the best man to man CB in the game

yeah that guy

https://www.espn.com/blog/jacksonvi...nt-not-enough-to-justify-headache-for-jaguars

He has questioned coaching schemes and decisions. As a rookie, he advocated for the entire defensive staff to be fired. He ripped most of the league’s quarterbacks in a magazine article. And, as everyone saw last Sunday, he publicly confronted his head coach during the game on the sideline.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you are a winning franchise, people will want to play for you. If you aren't, they won't. That isn't disturbing, it is reality. Also, frankly, it isn't really a new concept. When the Cardinals have been bad, they have struggled to keep good players and have had to overpay for mediocre ones. When the Cardinals have been good, they haven't.

Every word you said is true. As a Cardinal fan, reality is usually disturbing:bang::beer:

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more I think he goes to Dallas or Oakland. JHMO

OP
OP
HoodieBets

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I think it’s gonna be KC with SF as the runner up. KC wants to beat NE this year and I think SF will wind up winning the west. I already placed a wager on SF to win the NFC we will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Ramsey is available you do everything you can to get him.
Pairing him up with Peterson and Murphy on the 3rd is beyond a dream

Ramsey is 24 years old
Peterson is 29 ....there's a reason he's using PED's. Father time always wins

Even if you had to give up Peterson OR David Johnson....you do it....not both

a 24 year old prime CB ...so long as you're going to play man to man...if you're going to zone...then no way.

Times where trades like this worked out

Bailey CB for Portis RB - Portis was short lived and Bailey was all pro for years

DRC for Kolb - DRC all pro for years Kolb was a pile of poo

there are others....CB's careers are a lot longer and easier to project.

If the Cards can get Ramsey....you jump up and down.

David Johnson has negative trade value - we would have to trade picks to move his contract right now.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jalen Ramsey 2018

Catch Rate Allowed 60.9%
Passer Rating Allowed 78.5

Jalen Ramsey 2019

Catch Rate Allowed 73.3%
Passer Rating Allowed 118.8

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2019 He's playing a ZONE scheme ...just like Wilks had Peterson doing last year...It made NO SENSE! WR's running free....I'll never forget Adam Theilin running around all game...they moved Adam to the far side away from Peterson and he caught pass after pass after pass while they put a no name next to Pat and he ran with a worthless WR play after play as the Vikings went up and down the field....ZONE defense. Then in the 4th Wilks put PP man on man on Theilin...wholly poo poo ...Theilin didn't catch another pass....but it took PP talking to the DC and Wilks on the sideline in the 4th for it to finally happen.

It's like being the best sales person at your company (and one of the best of any company) and your boss moves you to the marketing department....it makes no sense....then as sales go down they wonder 'why?'

You don't put the the best man on man CB in a zone....anymore then you put Sherman from a zone defense to man on man.

Anyone knocking Ramsey as a CB knows absolutely NOTHING about football...NOTHING

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2019 He's playing a ZONE scheme ...just like Wilks had Peterson doing last year...It made NO SENSE! WR's running free....I'll never forget Adam Theilin running around all game...they moved Adam to the far side away from Peterson and he caught pass after pass after pass while they put a no name next to Pat and he ran with a worthless WR play after play as the Vikings went up and down the field....ZONE defense. Then in the 4th Wilks put PP man on man on Theilin...wholly poo poo ...Theilin didn't catch another pass....but it took PP talking to the DC and Wilks on the sideline in the 4th for it to finally happen.

It's like being the best sales person at your company (and one of the best of any company) and your boss moves you to the marketing department....it makes no sense....then as sales go down they wonder 'why?'

You don't put the the best man on man CB in a zone....anymore then you put Sherman from a zone defense to man on man.

2018 wasn't good either. That is the point.

He was amazing 2 years ago. Last year he was average.

This year he sucks. And spoiler, we play a lot of ZONE

He is getting a ton of targets now and allowing a ton of catches on those targets. The NFL is littered with corners who were amazing for a few years and then sucked once QBs started throwing the ball at them.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now he looks a lot closer to Nnamdi Asomugha than Patrick Peterson

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2018 wasn't good either. That is the point.

He was amazing 2 years ago. Last year he was average.

This year he sucks. And spoiler, we play a lot of ZONE

He is getting a ton of targets now and allowing a ton of catches on those targets. The NFL is littered with corners who were amazing for a few years and then sucked once QBs started throwing the ball at them.

If you don't like Ramsey at CB you know very little about football

Sorry, but it's a fact Ramsey was rated #2 last year

Ramsey last year 90.2
Peterson 82.5
Ramsey 2017 90.6
Peterson 69.2

Either you know NOTHING about CB play....or you think Peterson SUCKS OR BOTH

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hah I forgot he ran his mouth in GQ and dissed a bunch of QBs last year. Suddenly he gets picked on and it is all down hill from there.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
If you sign a contract and then bulk by wanting to be traded once the season begins, you obviously cannot be depended on to be a team member concerning any group goals in the future... you know, like maybe winning a Super Bowl :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you don't like Ramsey at CB you know very little about football

Sorry, but it's a fact Ramsey was rated #2 last year

Ramsey last year 90.2
Peterson 82.5
Ramsey 2017 90.6
Peterson 69.2

Either you know NOTHING about CB play....or you think Peterson SUCKS OR BOTH

What ratings are you quoting? Are they the Smel's super elite?

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume PFFs. Ironically a hotly debated topic here. I believe they are generally pretty good though

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I love this argument btw

YOU KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL!!

Hey, who are you to tell me about football since we both know nothing about thee foozball... Chris & Jet, coming to your town soon doing the Abbot and Costello skit "Who's On First" since we might have a better shot at knowing baseball

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right now he looks a lot closer to Nnamdi Asomugha than Patrick Peterson
It's 2 games into a season....and Peterson is worse because he's suspended for PED's AND trying to mask the PED's...if anyone's on a slide it's PP ...and I LOVE PP....he's one of my favorite players of all time to watch.

...and it's just banter like radio........

We all love football

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The ratings make sense to me. Peterson had no quality play up front to make his job as easy as Ramsey had it and that one year Peterson found out he was diabetic... yeah, I know football too lol

But to again know nothing about football...getting heavy targets isn't a great sign. It means that QBs are confident they can complete a pass on him. They did it to a fair amount of success in 2018 and have done it to greater success in 2019.

It's exactly what happened to Asomugha when he was the best corner in football.

If he was a free agent or someone who could be had on the cheap then sure I would trade for him. He is just two years removed from being top 3. But in no way am I giving up a first round pick for a guy that easily could be on the downslide AND has attitude issues.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
But to again know nothing about football...getting heavy targets isn't a great sign. It means that QBs are confident they can complete a pass on him. They did it to a fair amount of success in 2018 and have done it to greater success in 2019.

It's exactly what happened to Asomugha when he was the best corner in football.

If he was a free agent or someone who could be had on the cheap then sure I would trade for him. He is just two years removed from being top 3. But in no way am I giving up a first round pick for a guy that easily could be on the downslide AND has attitude issues.

Let this sink in. Peterson still managed a 82.5 rating in that debacle of a Holcomb defense... tells me he's still in his prime :)

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
It saddens me to think how good this team would be if we had both our starting corners.

On the bright side Murphy has shown he can play outside, and all these games are making him better every week for PP's return giving us a lot of options on defensive scheming. I was way off and wrong when I thought he could only play slot... this kid is performing like a first rounder thrown into the fray and it's very impressive to watch, his play reminds me of the initial ability of the undersized Jason Verrett coming into the league

HGC

All Star
Reaction score
On the bright side Murphy has shown he can play outside, and all these games are making him better every week for PP's return giving us a lot of options on defensive scheming. I was way off and wrong when I thought he could only play slot... this kid is performing like a first rounder thrown into the fray and it's very impressive to watch, his play reminds me of the initial ability of the undersized Jason Verrett coming into the league

I was cool with the Murray pick and still am but Murphy was hands down my favorite selection in the draft. I was ecstatic when New England picked Harry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard