Jackson, Melton dumped

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That 5 million dollar gap between Tyler Johnson's contract and Ryan Anderson's contract certainly caused a lot off issues.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Be prepared for more moves. Get ready to be pissed more! LOL! Gambo a couple days ago was talking about how James Jones has two expiring contracts heading into the trade deadline this year. Guessed we might get our next PF then. That was Gambo guessing on the PF part.

Anyone know if Carter is expiring contract?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I saw on the jump the rumor is Fultz may never play another game in the NBA.
In which case the sizer did the opposite of the suns and maximized his value when it became apparent to them.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
“Bad attitude on the court” - ??? This is literally the first time I’ve ever seen that typed in this board. This is pure revisionist history to make it fit what you want the case to be.

I never thought he had a bad attitude. He just didn't look like the knew WTH he was doing out there.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
I'm surprised how mad people are at this trade, JJ needed to be gone and he has negative value since he'll probably be in jail within the next year , Melton was just an ok prospect that wouldn't have seen much playing time unless we had an injury, and 2nd round picks are basically worth less , we got the cap space we needed at cut ties with the last head case on the team , the trade is a win

I am surprised we might cut korver though

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It shows we sold 6 months too late. Fultz would be a salary dump this off-season as well.
But the Sixers front office was smart and ours was stupid. I mean, no other way to view the comparison of the two situations.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It's the perfect climax to an outrageously bad summer. Like completely atrocious.

Tom Gugliotta level crap going on right now.

Look - I think the offseason could have been better. Jones did not use our assets to their max efficiency.

But if you don't think this team has improved - a lot - I think you are just wrong. Jackson was actually a negative when he played - but the suns had nobody who was better to play that time - now they do.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
“Bad attitude on the court” - ??? This is literally the first time I’ve ever seen that typed in this board. This is pure revisionist history to make it fit what you want the case to be.
How many useless techs does he get because he can't keep his cool. Making gun gestures at fans. Picking up silly fouls out of pure frustration. That is more so what I am talking about when I say attitude issues. It is along the lines of immaturity and maybe he would grow out of it, but guys like that don't bring anything to the team unless they also produce for you.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm surprised how mad people are at this trade, JJ needed to be gone and he has negative value since he'll probably be in jail within the next year , Melton was just an ok prospect that wouldn't have seen much playing time unless we had an injury, and 2nd round picks are basically worth less , we got the cap space we needed at cut ties with the last head case on the team , the trade is a win

Have to - that is how we get the cap space to sign Rubio.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score

I would be surprised if Korver wanted to stay here. I don't know if Korver had trade restrictions in his contract, but this was probably all talked out so he could go to a contender. Probably Lakers?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bridges can play SG more with Rubio. Bridges is long and athletic enough to guard a lot of guys.
To guard yes, but he still can’t create his own shot. He’s much more suited for the 3 than anything resembling a 2. If he’s our 2 in the floor then we literally only have a single ball handler out there, particularly with JJ gone now.

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
It feels bad to be on the bad end of selling of distressed assets. I don’t like it anymore than the next fan, but it may be the necessary evil we need to bring in the new era. It stings seeing us take it in the rear but I’m going to hold judgement until we see the product on the floor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
All this hand-wringing over the JJ move is so ridiculous... Monday Morning QB'ing is soooo easy, isn't it? Jones & Co are doing what they feel is best at this moment in time, as well as preparing for years ahead.
IMHO, JJ had to go. Keeping him here under any conditions was not an option. Sure, maybe the Suns should've seen his issues prior to drafting him. But Jones is the GM now. And until he proves otherwise, I trust that he and his team are making the best moves available for this team. Which includes this JJ deal! ;)

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
hasn't everyone been saying for months now that he has negative value? I don't get this.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Be prepared for more moves. Get ready to be pissed more! LOL! Gambo a couple days ago was talking about how James Jones has two expiring contracts heading into the trade deadline this year. Guessed we might get our next PF then. That was Gambo guessing on the PF part.

Anyone know if Carter is expiring contract?

Yeah - the 2 obvious potential targets are Blake Griffen, and Kevin Love.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I think we can ALL agree, whether you believe the team improved or got worse, this team is going to be very different from last year!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well it doesn't. Fultz played fantastic in the summer league before his shot got messed up.

Josh Jackson played like total crap for 2 full seasons. He has never played fantastic - especially in summer league.

Fultz has not had any offcourt issues either.
The dude almost hasn’t played at all his first two years and when he did he showed terrible skills. You’re saying he was so much more valuable than JJ based on summer league two years ago??? Our front office is dismal. Either at effectively negotiating trades or judging value or talent. Plain and simple.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We managed to keep Tyler without stretching him. Gambo has made the case that his deal is a great trade asset. Not sure how that would work. I did not think expirings were that valuable these days.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Gambo used the words "disgruntled player." I was thinking, what if Karl Anthony Towns demands a trade? I know that's controversial on this board, but what if KAT wanted to play with Booker?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I've been hearing rumblings that the Suns are still planning on adding another SG to the roster. I don't think they want to at all be in a position where they need to rely on either rookie to play a big role this year if they can help it.
Not much left.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
We managed to keep Tyler without stretching him. Gambo has made the case that his deal is a great trade asset. Not sure how that would work. I did not think expirings were that valuable these days.
Gambo also kept insisting we would NOT stretch him. He was right so far.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
They are if a team has a big multi year contract they want to get out from under. The key is finding a team that has a good player who's contract they want to get out of. Maybe a disgruntled star.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

That could be a big chip to bargain with if someone wants out this coming season.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson