Ja, Anyone?

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
Ja Morent (Murray State) needs to be this organization's first pick this June. These clowns like Okobo,:rolleyes: Crawford,*respect to a great NBA career,* Tyler Johnson(?):rolleyes: are not cutting it at the PG position while I know Crawford coaches and has helped the roster leadership wise, get a real up and coming PG! JMO, Go Suns!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I maintain that Ja is no better of a prospect than Okobo or Melton.

That is just laughable

Ja has much better handles and passing ability than either while having good size and great explosiveness

Okobo has looked terrible and Melton is a defensive PG whose upside is to develop into a role player on offense

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Zion is number 1. But I would have no problem picking Ja at 2. But the draft is a long way away, I reserve the right to change my mind.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
If you are picking at 2, unless you are trading out, you have to take Morant. Everyone else is another wing, and you just can't add another one.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Correct even though adding a 19 year old PG to this team would result in another terrible season next year too.

Right, exactly. My preference would be to move the pick for a veteran point guard if possible. I am guessing that even in a "weak" draft, there would be interest in a second or third pick.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Right, exactly. My preference would be to move the pick for a veteran point guard if possible. I am guessing that even in a "weak" draft, there would be interest in a second or third pick.

There would be interest but I’m not sure it’s fits the PG market besides Holiday. The Blazers aren’t trading Lillard and nobody else really comes to mind.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Would anyone take Morant over Zion? Curious.

No. Zion has LeBron like potential. It would be insane to take morant over him.

I don’t like these threads though. There is less than a 30 percent chance the suns get a top 2 pick.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. Zion has LeBron like potential. It would be insane to take mordant over him.

I don’t like these threads though. There is less than a 30 percent chance the suns get a top 2 pick.

So? We have less than a 30% chance to win each game but we still have game day threads. But you're right, it would be insane to take Morant or anyone over Zion.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
No. Zion has LeBron like potential. It would be insane to take morant over him.

I mean we only had a 25% chance of the first pick last year , but ya passing on Zion would be insane

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
yes, ja me! (after Zion, of course)

i like to dream big, so i'm all in on the hype and gamble that Morant could be special

point guard is my favorite position, so i was an early buyer of Trey and Fox in the prior drafts
and the thing that most attracted me to Doncic was his pg abilities

i don't think there will be any pg's to be excited about in trade

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If we get the #1 pick I might be willing to sell it for a kings ransom to someone picking 2 or 3 and then draft him... still would be risky and not sure I could stomach it

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we get the #1 pick I might be willing to sell it for a kings ransom to someone picking 2 or 3 and then draft him... still would be risky and not sure I could stomach it
No price. I take Zion. Just his box office will be huge. He is a very charismatic player.

SunnyBaller

All Star
Reaction score
No price. I take Zion. Just his box office will be huge. He is a very charismatic player.
Exactly, and Zion is not only box office , he brings a defensive and rebounding presence that very few teams have, and will make ayton better. Zion alone makes the sun a team able to fight for a playoff spot and that's without a competent point guard. You have to take him if you have a shot!

ColdPickleNachos

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Trading the first pick in this draft would be a monumental disaster of epic proportions.

EDIT: After careful consideration, I would potentially be open to trading Zion if the Pelicans get the #2 pick and throw in Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday, 8 future first rounders, a definitive cure to cancer, and a working clone of 1993 Michael Jordan. The Pelicans would have to add some cash considerations too, of course.

Last edited:

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Only if we get a somewhat young PG with at least a couple years left on his contract in the trade. Otherwise I would draft Morant and seek out an older/cheaper PG option to fill in for a year or two while Morant is developing. Then we would spend the majority of what's left on the best PF we can get.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
That is just laughable

Ja has much better handles and passing ability than either while having good size and great explosiveness

Okobo has looked terrible and Melton is a defensive PG whose upside is to develop into a role player on offense

How many seasons would it take for a rookie Point Guard to learn the nuances of the NBA as well as the team?

I don't see how another rookie Point Guard would allow Booker to return to his natural position?

Draft a Power Forward other than Zion, not as bad. (Drafting Zion is a given.)

But a rookie Point Guard, especially under the current regime, is a recipe for continued failure.

Not just at the PG position, but for the development of the rest of the team.

A comparable situation? On a veteran team, a laid back Coach like Igor might have ... might have ... been OK for the Suns.

But not on this young team. Same for a Point Guard. Especially with Booker missing so much time.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trading the first pick in this draft would be a monumental disaster of epic proportions.

EDIT: After careful consideration, I would potentially be open to trading Zion if the Pelicans get the #2 pick and throw in Anthony Davis, Jrue Holiday, 8 future first rounders, a definitive cure to cancer, and a working clone of 1993 Michael Jordan. The Pelicans would have to add some cash considerations too, of course.

And Muffins or it's no deal!

I've been saying for awhile now that Zion has superstar talent but plays the game like an energy guy. You just don't see that. I guess if somehow someone offered us a mid-career star point guard and a mid-career star power forward, it would be difficult not to make the deal but barring serious injury, I can't help but think we'd regret it down the road.