Isaiah Simmons

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Why do people keep putting words into other's mouths?

Crap like that is aggravating.
I have literally seen you, Dr. Jones, & Cbus continually say that Isaiah was the right pick at the time. He might not have said it, but I bet Stout feels that way too with evidence of him liking every post related to that. I’ve seen people make claims that “a lot of people thought it was a great pick at the time” or something similar to that. You even said in this very exact thread that you disagreed that it was dumb to draft Simmons. There’s nothing “hindsight”.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Simmons might be one of the most frustrating players we've had, but he's had some great and memorable plays as well.

For me, Josh Rosen and Jonathan Cooper were both more disappointing.

I'd rate him around the same place as Michael Floyd.
Interesting. Floyd had a 1000 yard season. I’d say he was more successful just ended up with some nonfootball issues. Simmons just seems subpar at football other than a handful of splash plays.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Eh… at least Floyd had one 1000 yard season, helping us to the best Cardinals team of all time in 2015.

Simmons high point was… I guess last year, where he made a decent amount of splash plays… after being benched for scrubs… on the worst Cardinals team ever.

So, he’s a step above Rosen/Cooper for sure, but I’d still have him a step below Floyd, especially because Simmons came in with a ton of hype after being a collegiate superstar on a title contending Clemson squad.
Borg

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I have literally seen you, Dr. Jones, & Cbus continually say that Isaiah was the right pick at the time. He might not have said it, but I bet Stout feels that way too with evidence of him liking every post related to that. I’ve seen people make claims that “a lot of people thought it was a great pick at the time” or something similar to that. You even said in this very exact thread that you disagreed that it was dumb to draft Simmons. There’s nothing “hindsight”.
I absolutely did. No doubt.

And the hindsight is walking around with your chest out about Wirfs like you had any more knowledge than any of us did.

You got it right. For sure. I was dead wrong and glad it’s over now. Either way….. there’s no reason to walk around with your chest out. You were right….. got it. No need to strut IMO.

He was absolutely the BPA at that time. Wirfs wasn’t. And if you teleport back to that time, I would see you pumping up wirfs for your reasons just like others were pumping up BElton for theirs. Neither are wrong at that time, neither are right.

What makes you right is the hindsight. At that time you were just as informed as everyone else. Your dart just happened to hit the target. There’s no shame in admitting that IMO.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Between the two prospects, the historical evidence is overwhelming that Simmons was the better prospect and BPA between the two of them. Any attempt to change that fact 3 years later really isn’t serving any purpose IMO.

Wirfs wasn’t even a consensus top 2 OT in that draft. I get you had a strong opinion but the evidence is there.

On the question of who got it right, clearly Wirfs is better, and also better than two of the three OT’s drafted before him and the two drafted after IS but before Wirfs.

It wasn’t undisputed, but it was definitely weighted towards IS. I remember debating Becton just as much if not more than Wirfs predraft.
I don't believe it is changing anything and I am not sure what historical evidence you are claiming. Mock drafts? Online draft boards? Former team reporters are saying that people in the Cardinals draft room were pushing for Wirfs which is actual evidence that NFL people thought they were close.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I don't believe it is changing anything and I am not sure what historical evidence you are claiming. Mock drafts? Online draft boards? Former team reporters are saying that people in the Cardinals draft room were pushing for Wirfs which is actual evidence that NFL people thought they were close.
College career. Awards. Combine. Traits. Ability. Physical presence.

All of it mattered and it's why the consensus amongst scouts and pundits had IS higher. He was projected to go #3 to NY for a reason. He was looked at as generational in his skill set with where the league was going.

Regardless..... it was all wrong. Clearly.

And although I don't doubt Kyle O's reporting, he wasn't in the room. If you remember this is the same war room that wanted Ameer Abdullah over Markus Golden and then lucked in to David Johnson.

I'm not willing to underestimate how horrible they were at their jobs. they are paid to know better and clearly didn't. I sat on my couch and thought I knew better and clearly didn't.

I liked Thomas, Wills, Wirfs, then a large gap, then Becton. I would have slotted IS in between Thomas and Wills but that largely means nothing now. Clearly "in hindsight" it should have been different.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have literally seen you, Dr. Jones, & Cbus continually say that Isaiah was the right pick at the time. He might not have said it, but I bet Stout feels that way too with evidence of him liking every post related to that. I’ve seen people make claims that “a lot of people thought it was a great pick at the time” or something similar to that. You even said in this very exact thread that you disagreed that it was dumb to draft Simmons. There’s nothing “hindsight”
I told you exactly what my statement was.

I have seen more than a dozen of us say he was the right pick at the time. Go back to the thread on draft night and there are scores more.

That is NOT the same as a consensus; I did NOT claim that. In fact, I explicitly stated the opposite.

Arealist

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Watching Simmons again play is stomach curling. For those of you that try to justify his awful performance with his new position please reflect why he is in the new position. He has forever been a player who appears lost. I’m sure coaches look at the size and athleticism and keep thinking they can find a spot and make it work. What many have concluded though through tape is you can’t coach intellect. Seeing his pregame “I’m tough” shout out, he thinks he is so much better than he is. If he was not a high draft pick he would likely be cut. How about we trade him for a cheerleader at this point and save ourselves a lot of heartburn. The tape does not lie!

Ok so we got a seventh Rounder. Often a cheerleader if they make the team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard