Is Paul Goldschmidt past his prime?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Go tell all the MLB front offices that their analytics departments are simply a waste of time. You've got it all figured out.

Really DWKB? You are too smart to make these patronizing posts. If all front offices use analytics then who is benefiting from it?

Math has always been my favorite subject. I can do "mental math" like no one I know. I admit I love baseball and am probably "old school" since I have been watching it for over 60 years and enjoy the basics of baseball.

Obviously there is an advantage to using analytics but I just haven't caught up to it. So in the spirit of compromise and cooperation, I would like to delve into it more. Since you work for a baseball team I assume you have access to data that we do not. But do you think you could share some websites that the average fan can use and learn more about all these analytics stats? I am dead serious. I admit I am behind the times but I would like to try to catch up. This is your chance to educate me. I am ready to learn. No sarcasm, I am seriously ready to learn more about today's game and how it is managed.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
He only turns 31 this September. Has only had 6 full seasons in the majors... He's far from "past his prime." And, since he's been in the bigs, he's routinely been considered to be at the top-tier of defensive firstbasemen. And if you were to speak to his coaches and teammates, they would tell you he is an incredible leader.
He is off to an ugly start for sure...and man, he has looked horrific at the plate for a large % of his at-bats... But even when he is has been hot, he still had those at-bats where he looked completely lost. He's very much a "guesser" at the plate and if he's guessing wrong, it usually doesn't look too pretty...
As for the big contract - I can assure you doesn't lose even a second of sleep over the $$... It literally means nothing to him. He'll receive a very nice contract at some point in the next 6-12 months. I hope it's with the Dbacks - and so does he. But, it will come down to so many other dynamics... Can the team effectively off-load Greinke? Gotta keep Pollack. Gotta keep Corbin. Gotta extend Archie... Can't do all of that and keep both Greinke and Goldy.

This thread is going to age well :)

I think my post will stand the test of time here... :cool:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard