Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We are totally overmatched against the 49ers. They are in the hunt for top seed and have every reason to keep their foot on the pedal.
I can only hope Murray can keep composed and we have a game plan to not get him killed.
Turns out perhaps Steelers game was not that impressive, lol.
The 49ers wr’s overmatch our DB’s.
Their running game overmatch our d-line.
Their front 7 overmatch our o-line.
This game has blow out written all over it.

I'm not concerned about the score. I'm concerned about how Kyler performs offensive compared to Dobbs against the same defense.

And Kyler has home advantage.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, no he doesn't. There will be close to as many Niners fans there than Cards.

I actually was really surprised at how many Niners fans made it out to the eagles game last week. There was a ton of red in the stadium.

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm not concerned about the score. I'm concerned about how Kyler performs offensive compared to Dobbs against the same defense.

And Kyler has home advantage.
Def not the same defense.. they are hot right now and have the addition of Chase Young. With that said Kyler is worth evaluating every game.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Def not the same defense.. they are hot right now and have the addition of Chase Young. With that said Kyler is worth evaluating every game.
Yea the issue is Chase Young has helped unlock Bosa.

However, they are without Hufanga.

Brit is looking at Dobbs #s and forgetting that it was Michael Wilson's best game of the season. Is he playing?

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I actually was really surprised at how many Niners fans made it out to the eagles game last week. There was a ton of red in the stadium.
What makes you think that they traveled from the west coast? When a franchise has won 5 Super Bowls, they have fans all over the country. I bowl on Monday nights. This past Monday, the bowling center was jam packed with Niner jerseys. And I live in PA, less than 2 hours from Philly. I was a huge Montana fan, so I grew fond of that franchise back in the day. If the Cardinals were still in the NFC East, I’m sure I wouldn’t hate the Niners like I do today.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yea the issue is Chase Young has helped unlock Bosa.

However, they are without Hufanga.

Brit is looking at Dobbs #s and forgetting that it was Michael Wilson's best game of the season. Is he playing?

Yeah I factored that. He should be back after the bye.

It was also Brown's best game of the season.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What makes you think that they traveled from the west coast? When a franchise has won 5 Super Bowls, they have fans all over the country. I bowl on Monday nights. This past Monday, the bowling center was jam packed with Niner jerseys. And I live in PA, less than 2 hours from Philly. I was a huge Montana fan, so I grew fond of that franchise back in the day. If the Cardinals were still in the NFC East, I’m sure I wouldn’t hate the Niners like I do today.
They were America's team of the 80s into the 90s and kids that grew up during that time nationwide became fans. They were glamorous, and exciting. I somewhat relate. I became an Oakland A's fan deep in the heart of Texas when I was a kid watching those World Series teams in the 70s. Sadly, I have never been cured. Sure, I cheer for the Dbacks but I do admit I would never choose them over the A's. Which is a situation that will probably never happen anyhow other than the random in-season games.

I was originally a Chiefs fan, with my Kansas family being so die hard. The first game I clearly remember watching was the "longest game" against the Dolphins in the playoffs. But, the day the Cardinals beat the 49ers 24-23, the Cards moved right up there. Now, I don't give a poo about the Chiefs.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They were America's team of the 80s into the 90s and kids that grew up during that time nationwide became fans. They were glamorous, and exciting. I somewhat relate. I became an Oakland A's fan deep in the heart of Texas when I was a kid watching those World Series teams in the 70s. Sadly, I have never been cured. Sure, I cheer for the Dbacks but I do admit I would never choose them over the A's. Which is a situation that will probably never happen anyhow other than the random in-season games.

I was originally a Chiefs fan, with my Kansas family being so die hard. The first game I clearly remember watching was the "longest game" against the Dolphins in the playoffs. But, the day the Cardinals beat the 49ers 24-23, the Cards moved right up there. Now, I don't give a poo about the Chiefs.
I was a fan from afar.

Coach Bill Walsh and a run of very good QBs, a smooth RB and the best receiver of all time. I was amazed at the execution of the offenses. The only precision at that level I have seen was the Kurt Warner‘s super bowl winning team.

Although I was a Cowboys fan at the time, I admired the niners but never a fan. Now, I pull for them when not playing the Cards due to my admiration for those past teams.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Wow! Those A’s teams from 72-74 were awesome. Other than the Yankees, they are the only 3-peat team that I can remember. Moving to Vegas, that franchise should make a comeback. Growing up in Syracuse, my best friend was a Chiefs fan. And those Chiefs teams back then were so, so good. Funny thing is that my buddy relocated after college to AZ & he’s a Cardinal fan now!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Man, Western PA is a hotbed of great NFL QBs.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I was a fan from afar.

Coach Bill Walsh and a run of very good QBs, a smooth RB and the best receiver of all time. I was amazed at the execution of the offenses. The only precision at that level I have seen was the Kurt Warner‘s super bowl winning team.

Although I was a Cowboys fan at the time, I admired the niners but never a fan. Now, I pull for them when not playing the Cards due to my admiration for those past teams.

Right? The "West Coast Offense".

It was football 2.0 and Walsh's players were likable and relatable (and great).

I have contempt the Rams franchise. I envy the 49ers and their rich tradition.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This guys is funny. The Niners have a bottom 5 OL????

Meanwhile the Niners have the best LT in football and they are ranked top 3 at rushing the ball this season. Oh and the sack percentage for Purdy is smack dab middle of the pack at 6.8%. Sounds like a terrible OL to me. :D

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Meanwhile the Niners have the best LT in football and they are ranked top 3 at rushing the ball this season. Oh and the sack percentage for Purdy is smack dab middle of the pack at 6.8%. Sounds like a terrible OL to me. :D
:bhiich:

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Thought it was a comical assessment as well…smh

speedy

the medic
Reaction score
Every year the best teams have the best jerseys out in force. FFS- in the last year my 10 yr old grew his hair out to perm (pat moho), wears “bling” when playing ball, and now has his hair cut like the real slim shady…

I’m hoping for the cards to play competitive.

I don’t hate the niners; I just hate the streets of SF

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn