Is Kyler Murray the answer at QB for next year and beyond?

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Next week is kind of a big deal.

Even with a little time off Kyler has extra prep and practice time over the bye before facing the Niners.

And while we lost the road game we were in it until Q4 and Dobbs threw for 28/41, 265 yards and 2 TD's.

If Kyler comes out of a home game significantly worse than that I'm not sure what argument can be made in support.
lol except that this 49s team is way better than it was back then lol come on, they have gelled and been dominating good team hardly the same team that still easily beat us when it counted. Didn’t Brock have almost no incomplete passes and didn’t even really use Kittle or Debo? McCaffrey scored at will the cards were never really in the game they just toyed with them then stomped them late when it counted…

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
lol except that this 49s team is way better than it was back then lol come on, they have gelled and been dominating good team hardly the same team that still easily beat us when it counted.

Yeah… that Niners team was a mess when we played them the first time when they… checks notes… were 3-0, beating teams to a pulp to average score of 30-15. They were dominating then as they started the year dominating going 5-0, then got derailed by injuries AFTER they played us and once healthy again, picked right back up to where they were when they kicked our ass and everyone else they had played.

Didn’t Brock have almost no incomplete passes and didn’t even really use Kittle or Debo? McCaffrey scored at will the cards were never really in the game they just toyed with them then stomped them late when it counted…
Wow. You’re already making excuses for Kyler and the game hasn’t even started yet. Impressive.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah… that Niners team was a mess when we played them the first time when they… checks notes… were 3-0, beating teams to a pulp to average score of 30-15. They were dominating then as they started the year dominating going 5-0, then got derailed by injuries AFTER they played us and once healthy again, picked right back up to where they were when they kicked our ass and everyone else they had played.

Wow. You’re already making excuses for Kyler and the game hasn’t even started yet. Impressive.
Oh piss off I didn’t make any excuses for anyone! I simply stated the Niners are rolling and much more cohesive than when we played them and Dobbs put up decent numbers. I’m sure SF had tons of tape on Dobbs lol. It’s a joke to even compare a QBs game from week 4 to one in week 15 under different circumstances. Brits post I responded to is nonsense just like your petty response!

GeorgiaCard88

Veteran
Reaction score
Answer for next year yes, beyond.. who knows. Had to say this before the niners game which will probably be much more negative

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
lol except that this 49s team is way better than it was back then lol come on, they have gelled and been dominating good team hardly the same team that still easily beat us when it counted. Didn’t Brock have almost no incomplete passes and didn’t even really use Kittle or Debo? McCaffrey scored at will the cards were never really in the game they just toyed with them then stomped them late when it counted…

They were 3-0 and scored 30 in all 3 games while conceding 14 per game and started 5-0.

They then beat the Cowboys the next game and lost 3 in a row to the Browns, Vikings and Bengals. They are playing no better now than when they beat us the first time.

It's sad people feel they have to get the excuses in early.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Here's my crazy Sunday morning prediction:
The Cards are sitting at 3 in the draft. Monti has seen what CJ Stroud has done with the Texans this year.
The Cards trade #3, next years #1, and a 2 or 3 next year to move up to 1.
The Cards take Caleb Wiliams who is a better prospect than Stroud.
The Cards turn around and trade Murray to Atlanta for their #1 this year. Atlanta is going to be desperate for a QB(especially if they make the playoffs with Desmond Ritter at QB) and they were rumored to offer a #1 for an injured Murray at last year's draft. They'd be getting a healthy Murray to add to their offensive weapons. I think either Murray or Fields is going to the Falcons QB next year.

That would give the Cards 3 first round picks this year, #1, Houston's and Atlanta's. Add that to their 2nd and three 3rd's, they'd have 7 of the top 90 players. That's a pretty good influx of young talent.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Here's my crazy Sunday morning prediction:
The Cards are sitting at 3 in the draft. Monti has seen what CJ Stroud has done with the Texans this year.
The Cards trade #3, next years #1, and a 2 or 3 next year to move up to 1.
The Cards take Caleb Wiliams who is a better prospect than Stroud.
The Cards turn around and trade Murray to Atlanta for their #1 this year. Atlanta is going to be desperate for a QB(especially if they make the playoffs with Desmond Ritter at QB) and they were rumored to offer a #1 for an injured Murray at last year's draft. They'd be getting a healthy Murray to add to their offensive weapons. I think either Murray or Fields is going to the Falcons QB next year.

That would give the Cards 3 first round picks this year, #1, Houston's and Atlanta's. Add that to their 2nd and three 3rd's, they'd have 7 of the top 90 players. That's a pretty good influx of young talent.
Why wouldn’t the Falcons just trade for Caleb Williams themselves

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
“Has seen what CJ Stroud has done with the Texans”

lmao what the hell does that have to do with anything

I wonder has he seen what Bryce Young, who was seen as a better prospect than some CJ, done as well.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
why would they?
They wouldn’t have to take on Kyler’s contract + they would have a rookie contract to build around.

As far as the rumored #1, where’s the source? Or did you just get that from untrustworthy blue check mark accounts on Twitter?

And is that really your prediction? Or did you also get that from Twitter because I’ve seen the same thing spread across Twitter as well.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
They wouldn’t have to take on Kyler’s contract + they would have a rookie contract to build around.

As far as the rumored #1, where’s the source? Or did you just get that from untrustworthy blue check mark accounts on Twitter?

And is that really your prediction? Or did you also get that from Twitter because I’ve seen the same thing spread across Twitter as well.
i don't even have twitter. never have.

Can't remember who reported it back on draft day, or the day after, but it was out there. Bidwill reportedly nixed it.

Cbus cardsfan

Reaction score
Because two of the those three will be better than Drake Maye aka "Herbert Lite". All the hype without the calories.
If I'm Atlanta, I'm not taking any rookie QB. That offense looks to be ready to explode if they had a competent QB. Why would they want to go through the growing pains of a rookie QB?

Btw, I'd take Herbert on the Cards right now. Don't let his idiot coach color your opinion of him.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I'm Atlanta, I'm not taking any rookie QB. That offense looks to be ready to explode if they had a competent QB. Why would they want to go through the growing pains of a rookie QB?

Btw, I'd take Herbert on the Cards right now. Don't let his idiot coach color your opinion of him.
I thought Herbert was overrated when he was in the draft. If you dig up draft threads from then you could see that. He has played better than I expected. He is a competent starter, which is very hard to find. He is in my ""Just good enough to break your heart" QB category with guys like Cousins, Prescott, Garappoloser, etc. And Murray. Could be wrong of course. Maybe some of these guys will have their champ moment some day

From what I have seen of Maye, I see a lot of parallels in the arm, looking the part, etc. But I don't think he is as good as Herbert was at the same point.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Oh piss off I didn’t make any excuses for anyone! I simply stated the Niners are rolling and much more cohesive than when we played them and Dobbs put up decent numbers. I’m sure SF had tons of tape on Dobbs lol. It’s a joke to even compare a QBs game from week 4 to one in week 15 under different circumstances. Brits post I responded to is nonsense just like your petty response!
Except you’re just flat wrong that the Niners weren’t rolling when we initially played them. They were kicking everyone’s ass then just as they’re kicking everyone’s ass now.

And now you’re making an excuse for how Dobbs played because… the Niners didn’t have a lot of tape of him? They had THREE GAMES of him. That’s plenty of tape.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It doesn't make sense to me to get down if Kyler has a tough game tomorrow. Or, get all hyped up if we pull an upset. It's just one game and won't mean a lot for next year.
lol! If we were to win today there will be some making plans for the Super Bowl next year.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Except you’re just flat wrong that the Niners weren’t rolling when we initially played them. They were kicking everyone’s ass then just as they’re kicking everyone’s ass now.

And now you’re making an excuse for how Dobbs played because… the Niners didn’t have a lot of tape of him? They had THREE GAMES of him. That’s plenty of tape.
Niners have been the best team in the league since opening kickoff...

but we are gonna hurt their feelings, I can just feel it.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stbmd